Edgar davids signed?

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
Pingorock

Edgar davids signed?

Lots of rumours on twitter that he has signed for us
jerroll

Re: Edgar davids signed?

Is 24th september the new april 1st?mind you nothing would shock me anymore!!
Golf Delta

Haha! He's 39 and retired 2 years ago! I should hope not. Maybe it's Dennis Bergkamp!
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Sdodger

I also saw Frank Rijkaard in the Toby at Lunchtime , coincidence I think not!
John Hunt

David's plays Sunday league pub football in London at the moment.

I think TK has actually been negotiating with FCBFCSA veteran Robin Goldman who also wears goggles.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
petersperoni

Just what we need - another midfielder :whistle:
Golf Delta

Perhaps we could tempt Marco Van Basten out of retirement as well.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
CrawleyBee

I saw Zidane hovering around the hive.......
Formerly Watfordbee
barnetboys

surely cannot be true
letchbee94

watfordbee wrote:I saw Zidane hovering around the hive.......
U aint ;)

I saw Soccer AM on Saturday and Robbie Fowler was on it saying he is looking for another club, I wonder if we could tempt him hear even just for a month? Money wise he must be well of so he would not want too much money and if he scored a few goals for us then it would put his name back on the map.
TophN17

Heard he was playing in the Greek Kopa Sunday League and they would obvious have connections with TK and John Antoniou in the commerical department hence the KOPA League Final being played at Underhill last season. I don't think it would be unusual to see him at the Hive, using the clubs facilities, getting some coaching hours in with the youth team, but it's out the question that he would sign for any pro club again!
adher36

I'd rather we sign Anthony Elding on loan from Grimsby who handed in a transfer request today, than Edgar 'has been' Davids. He hardly set the world on fire a couple of seasons ago when he had that spell with Crystal Palace.

The novelty of having a former European Cup winner will soon fade and I doubt these rumours are true any way. Made up fabrications and internet rumours I'd imagine, that's all. It is not going to happen.
finchleyman

Anthony Elding would be a good signing. He's thirty and in his prime!! Has been a thorn in the Bee's side for years and it's time he repaid us with some goals in the amber and black.
Alex W

adher36 wrote:I'd rather we sign Anthony Elding on loan from Grimsby who handed in a transfer request today, than Edgar 'has been' Davids. He hardly set the world on fire a couple of seasons ago when he had that spell with Crystal Palace.

The novelty of having a former European Cup winner will soon fade and I doubt these rumours are true any way. Made up fabrications and internet rumours I'd imagine, that's all. It is not going to happen.
Suspect that was as much to do with his ego and people thinking he'd still got the pace he once had, effectively turned him into a sitting midfielder in the end. Plus his ego stayed at a level that his footballing ability inevitably couldn't, he had a big fall out with a few of the players and was effectively bundled out the place.

I'm sure, as others have said, he has long since retired, plus given his age even coming back to the game to play at this level would be a bit pointless for him.
ninestein

A lot of rumours stating that he was at the Hive today. But could it be in more of a coaching capacity?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!