Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby barnetpete » 20 Jan 2018, 14:21

Wouldn’t be in this position is 4 people hadn’t thought they could change the world on their own.
.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby Hiveoccupier » 20 Jan 2018, 16:30

barnetpete wrote:Wouldn’t be in this position is 4 people hadn’t thought they could change the world on their own.


Fancy anyone thinking a democratically elected supporters organisation could work. FFS move on Pete.

Good luck to anyone who wants to start up a proper Supporter’s organisation. If a meeting venue in Barnet is an issue there are some contacts that can be provided who will probably help.

The freemium membership model with funding via a hundred club that the Broncos adopted when they were at the Hive worked very well in getting them up and running. They are still going strong.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby John_c » 20 Jan 2018, 17:33

Hiveoccupier wrote:
barnetpete wrote:Wouldn’t be in this position is 4 people hadn’t thought they could change the world on their own.


Fancy anyone thinking a democratically elected supporters organisation could work. FFS move on Pete.

Good luck to anyone who wants to start up a proper Supporter’s organisation. If a meeting venue in Barnet is an issue there are some contacts that can be provided who will probably help.

The freemium membership model with funding via a hundred club that the Broncos adopted when they were at the Hive worked very well in getting them up and running. They are still going strong.
Ha ha. Brilliant.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby barnetpete » 20 Jan 2018, 17:38

Been taking spin lessons from TK.
.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby bee007 » 20 Jan 2018, 21:10

Judging by the replies so far, unfortunately I don't think this will get off the ground. Too many people keep digging up the past without letting it go. What happened happened and can't be changed, it is time to move on but I think there is too much baggage. Being a former long standing Committee member myself, the SA should never have been taken over and changed to a Trust, but that's how the vote went and completely alienated the Supporters membership. It will be very difficult to regain Fans trust again whoever is voted for.
bee007
 
Posts: 471
Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 17:46

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby Hiveoccupier » 21 Jan 2018, 00:57

bee007 wrote:Judging by the replies so far, unfortunately I don't think this will get off the ground. Too many people keep digging up the past without letting it go. What happened happened and can't be changed, it is time to move on but I think there is too much baggage. Being a former long standing Committee member myself, the SA should never have been taken over and changed to a Trust, but that's how the vote went and completely alienated the Supporters membership. It will be very difficult to regain Fans trust again whoever is voted for.


This is dated stuff.

I can’t think of any Barnet supporter who wouldnt now be pleased to see the views of Barnet supporters represented to their Club by people they voted for to represent them.

If anyone is interested in setting up a democratic supporters organisation for Barnet FC supporters please don’t be put off.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby becbee » 22 Jan 2018, 08:41

We all know why The Trust failed. The Supporters Liaison Group seemed like a good idea at the time but somehow it never worked as it didn't do any liaison. I suspect many of us have little confidence that a 2018 version would be any more successful because I doubt enough new fans would volunteer.
becbee
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby MCB » 22 Jan 2018, 09:59

becbee wrote:We all know why The Trust failed. The Supporters Liaison Group seemed like a good idea at the time but somehow it never worked as it didn't do any liaison. I suspect many of us have little confidence that a 2018 version would be any more successful because I doubt enough new fans would volunteer.


I've got utmost confidence in humanity that they can move on, and almost as much confidence in Barnet fans.

The keyis looking forwards not back. The immediate priorities are representing the fanbase which hold a multitude of paradoxical views, and not allowing the divisive issues to run the agenda initially (i.e. Back to Barnet, TK, Underhill) otherwise it is doomed to failure.

If a Supporters Club is prepared to find an agenda that all can follow, they we might have a chance of success... i.e. "BFC Supporters Club had been created to liase with the club, improve the fan experience and increase representation with the club owners, whoever they maybe. We recognise our spiritual home is in Barnet, and work towards any realistic opportunity to return."

And then put the last bit on the backburner for a year to allow membership to grow without destroying the membership by internal fueds over what the real meaning of Barnet is.
Image
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby MCB » 23 Jan 2018, 16:16

Hiveoccupier wrote:The freemium membership model with funding via a hundred club that the Broncos adopted when they were at the Hive worked very well in getting them up and running. They are still going strong.


I like that. A premium membership - max 250 people, £2 a month. Could subsidise some coach travel amongst other things...
Image
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby Mikel Bee » 23 Jan 2018, 16:42

[Moving to General Chat on request of the SLG sub forum mods]
Image
User avatar
Mikel Bee
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 02:23

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby alexbach » 24 Jan 2018, 09:43

Yes for a new organisation to launch,there needs to be a break.currently in Wales for the foreseeable,but my page could publicise if required

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
User avatar
alexbach
 
Posts: 324
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 15:42

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby Oor Wullie » 24 Jan 2018, 12:18

Those of you who have expressed an interest in re-launching the Trust and want to ensure it is a success the second time around might wish to consider the Fans Fund Small Grants Scheme which might be considered a help in laying the proper foundations.

The Premier League Fans Fund is a three-year commitment from the Premier League to fund projects and organisations which improve the relationship between fans and their clubs, the way football supporters engage with each other and fans’ experience of the game.
The Fans Fund Small Grants Scheme offers grants of up to £20,000 for projects that look to address the aims of the scheme.

For further information please see https://www.fsif.co.uk/funding/fans-fun ... ts-scheme/
User avatar
Oor Wullie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 20:17

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby Bee_Forever » 24 Jan 2018, 16:11

Oor Wullie wrote:Those of you who have expressed an interest in re-launching the Trust and want to ensure it is a success the second time around might wish to consider the Fans Fund Small Grants Scheme which might be considered a help in laying the proper foundations.

The Premier League Fans Fund is a three-year commitment from the Premier League to fund projects and organisations which improve the relationship between fans and their clubs, the way football supporters engage with each other and fans’ experience of the game.
The Fans Fund Small Grants Scheme offers grants of up to £20,000 for projects that look to address the aims of the scheme.

For further information please see https://www.fsif.co.uk/funding/fans-fun ... ts-scheme/


This is a good initiative. But I don't think anyone has expressed an interest in re-launching the trust. Just talking about it. At the moment it feels like you are howling in to the void.

Is anyone actually interested in setting up (or reactivating) a Supporters Trust for Barnet supporters? :Pardon:

Cards on the table, it would take quite a lot for me to take the plunge again having invested considerable time and effort in to the previous organisation, but I would be happy to be an active member of a new supporter organisation if others were to set one up.
Bee_Forever
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Re: Supporters’ Liaison Group; some questions

Postby barnetjohn » 24 Jan 2018, 22:44

Getting the trust up and running again - or the BFCSA - would be a really good idea.

Currently we are one of the few (perhaps the only) club that doesn't have an independent supporters group of some form. A trust is a better way of doing this than a supporters association, because the legal basis of a trust is a bit different- they can hold shares for example, which means the supporters current stake in Barnet FC could be held collectively, rather than by one person "on behalf" of a supporters association.

It'd be a way of supporters being able to organise, talk about stuff, and do things collectively. The supporters liaison group is good as a channel of communication, but it's set up by Tony so it's remit is defined by Tony rather than fans.

I totally understand why many fans are wary about the idea of a trust because when the BFCSA converted to a trust, many of those in favour of the conversion were also opposed to the move to the Hive and didn't follow the club after the move, so in some people's eyes the two things are linked. But it's worth separating the form in which fans organise from any particular position held by individuals who supported forming a trust. I go home and away almost every week and I think having a trust would be a great idea.
barnetjohn
 
Posts: 583
Joined: 02 Oct 2011, 18:28

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bee52, BeeBoi1980, jerroll, letchbee94, LoudmouthBFC, Nlites123, NorthFinchleyBee, Tuesds, WinchyBee and 11 guests