Ticket Pricing Suggestions

Moderators: miguelito, petersperoni

Moonchild_Bee

Ticket Pricing Suggestions

There have been some long standing threads regarding pricing for tickets - is this something the Liaison Group will be looking into?

I was particularly scathing at the Family Ticket pricing over the last couple of years (one thread was here: http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=6104 and the post I was referring to was here: http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... =15#p89712 showing that in London (and vincinity)- only Watford and Millwall are more expensive (excluding Premiership) but - family tickets were cheaper to QPR, Stevenage, Brentford, Leyton Orient ( :sad: ), AFC, Wycombe, Southend, D&R).

I did find a solution (not buying family tickets) - but I thought it might be wise to bring all ticket pricing suggestions in one thread (unless you say that this is not part of your remit?).

Anyway, i'll come back to family tickets, but i'm one of many that work many Saturdays so can't make all games. I liked this option from the Daggers, and would sign up should Barnet offer one:

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/d ... 01448.aspx
greavsie

Re: Ticket Pricing Suggestions

Hi there.

For what its worth, I think that it's actually disgraceful in the modern game that the club doesn't offer a proper season-long family membership or family season ticket deal. In fact its backward when you compare it with other clubs. How do they expect to entice the next generation of supporters?

What incentive is there for families in the club, who want weekly dedicated seats together, without having to regularly book them through the ticket office and then queue up to collect these tickets before games (which we often struggle to get to on time already, after the kids Saturday football games)?

Just to add insult to injury, after announcing a PRICE FREEZE, the small print shows that they have now removed the 8% loyalty discount that we enjoyed. Some price freeze and great timing (close season, with no games to enjoy). At a time when they should be getting extra income from having re-joined the football league (TV rights, etc).

I have emailed and written to the club and will keep doing so. However, the more people who do likewise the more weight it might carry with the money grabbers who are behind the scenes.
PBBee

"Money grabbers behind the scene" - really?

It is a bit daft paying through the summer months and only a die hard Barnet fan (like us on here) would do it. I can take the £22 (South Stand) a month & £260 a year at that price seems relatively fair now we're in the league again?

We were promised some form of loyalty bonus scheme or something that hopefully will be announced in the next month.

Some people say you can use your membership card to obtain discounts in the bar on match days? I've never seen or done it, but again I think the pricing is reasonably fair without a discount & don't mind helping fund the club in that way.
Moonchild_Bee

Didn't occur to me the season-long family membership. Perhaps what would help the Liason Team would be to show example of similar standard clubs so they can compare and put to the club? One of my links does show how dire the family ticket pricing was compared to every league club last season - we were more expensive than ever QPR. But the club need that kind of data.

PBBee - I can confirm that I received the bar discounts on matchdays - I didn't realise that I shouldn't have, and after raising it on here it might now be that the staff have been briefed properly. Which is a shame!
petersperoni

Moonchild_Bee wrote:There have been some long standing threads regarding pricing for tickets - is this something the Liaison Group will be looking into?

I was particularly scathing at the Family Ticket pricing over the last couple of years (one thread was here: http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=6104 and the post I was referring to was here: http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtop ... =15#p89712 showing that in London (and vincinity)- only Watford and Millwall are more expensive (excluding Premiership) but - family tickets were cheaper to QPR, Stevenage, Brentford, Leyton Orient ( :sad: ), AFC, Wycombe, Southend, D&R).

I did find a solution (not buying family tickets) - but I thought it might be wise to bring all ticket pricing suggestions in one thread (unless you say that this is not part of your remit?).

Anyway, i'll come back to family tickets, but i'm one of many that work many Saturdays so can't make all games. I liked this option from the Daggers, and would sign up should Barnet offer one:

Moonchild,

Firstly may I say I've siad previously (somewhere on this forum!) I personally didn't feel comfortable our group dealing with ticket prices. Yes, it has to be considered as part of the match day experience but it also crosses into the club's finances and as such I (again personally) feel this is more of an aspect a Suppporters Trust should deal with. We, as a group, haven't finally decided as to whether we should take this on but in the interim your information was passed to the Chairman anyway on Thursday evening, having previously been circulated to the rest of the group. The initial response was the Daggers option you included seemed expensive (and this came from others in our group who attened, especially when considering the membership fees they require. To be honest I've been so busy at work recently I've not had the time - or energy - to look at this myself. They said with the £2 per month membership allowing a 15% discount on tickets it seemed competitive. This will be looked at though.
petersperoni

PBBee wrote: Hi PBBee

It is a bit daft paying through the summer months and only a die hard Barnet fan (like us on here) would do it. I can take the £22 (South Stand) a month & £260 a year at that price seems relatively fair now we're in the league again?

If the club were to do a 10 month membership then the monthly fee would have to increase. Some people (I'm not referring to you) don't appreciate players and staff are not necessarily employed on a season long contract and they have to be paid throughout the year

We were promised some form of loyalty bonus scheme or something that hopefully will be announced in the next month.

The club are indeed going to launch a loyalty scheme but they are struggling to decide the fairest way of doing it. For instance, who are the most loyal? Those who make 10 small purchases or someone who makes one purchase with the total sum being more than the cost of the 10 combined? They are trying to be fair, it's just how to be fair is giving them the problem.

Some people say you can use your membership card to obtain discounts in the bar on match days? I've never seen or done it, but again I think the pricing is reasonably fair without a discount & don't mind helping fund the club in that way.

Discounts on match days? Tut-tut! The club also intends clamping down on adults who come in on childrens tickets
petersperoni

greavsie wrote:Hi there.

For what its worth, I think that it's actually disgraceful in the modern game that the club doesn't offer a proper season-long family membership or family season ticket deal. In fact its backward when you compare it with other clubs. How do they expect to entice the next generation of supporters?

What incentive is there for families in the club, who want weekly dedicated seats together, without having to regularly book them through the ticket office and then queue up to collect these tickets before games (which we often struggle to get to on time already, after the kids Saturday football games)?

Just to add insult to injury, after announcing a PRICE FREEZE, the small print shows that they have now removed the 8% loyalty discount that we enjoyed. Some price freeze and great timing (close season, with no games to enjoy). At a time when they should be getting extra income from having re-joined the football league (TV rights, etc).

I have emailed and written to the club and will keep doing so. However, the more people who do likewise the more weight it might carry with the money grabbers who are behind the scenes.
Hi Greavsie,

While we don't agree with some of your comments (money grabbers and are you aware we have four 'close season' friendlies being played at The Hive soon, 3 against higher ranked opponents) you post in whole was given to the Chairman on Thursday evening. The Chairman said he hasn't seen your email or letter (although not having your actual name to hand it does present difficulties trying to trace them. Perhaps you could give me your actual name, either on here or by p.m. and I could forward this to TK) and he does look at every email that comes in. He requested you email/write again and I suggest you mark it 'for the attention of Mr A A Kleanthous' (to.
differentiate from his son Alex)

In respect of the loyalty discount, this has been addressed on another thread in which loyalty cards will be soon in operation

Please also don't forget because we are back in League 2 players salaries have increased, more players have been signed (we even have to have 2 more on the bench this season I seem to recall) and so expenses have also gone up. It's not just extra spare money not being spent.
Moonchild_Bee

petersperoni wrote:
Moonchild_Bee wrote:There have been some long standing threads regarding pricing for tickets - is this something the Liaison Group will be looking into?

Moonchild,

Firstly may I say I've siad previously (somewhere on this forum!) I personally didn't feel comfortable our group dealing with ticket prices. Yes, it has to be considered as part of the match day experience but it also crosses into the club's finances and as such I (again personally) feel this is more of an aspect a Suppporters Trust should deal with. We, as a group, haven't finally decided as to whether we should take this on but in the interim your information was passed to the Chairman anyway on Thursday evening, having previously been circulated to the rest of the group. The initial response was the Daggers option you included seemed expensive (and this came from others in our group who attened, especially when considering the membership fees they require. To be honest I've been so busy at work recently I've not had the time - or energy - to look at this myself. They said with the £2 per month membership allowing a 15% discount on tickets it seemed competitive. This will be looked at though.
Thanks Peter.

If I knew it was going to be passed on, I would have spruced it up :D

However, if you want a more formal precise and current comparison of Family Ticket Prices next season (without hyperbole) - i'm quite happy to research and put it up or email you something better to present. It's a bugbear of mine.

Secondly as you say for those of us who can only attend 10-15 games the 15% membership discount (which I have & use) does offer some discounts, but it only takes one special offer (i.e. £10 entry, 2 for £20 etc which happen every season) and actually the membership discount is pointless.

As I say - happy to put something more precise together if you think that would help?
BeesKnees

Terrace membership £264 pa for 23 games + friendlies etc
Dagenhams Flexicard £280pa for 23 games

Hive membership for 5 games (including 12mnth Hive membership) = £98.25 , Daggers offer £100
Hive membership for 10 games £170.00, Daggers £150
Hive membership for 15 game £242.75, Daggers £200.

I think it's clear that Daggers offer is better value for those planning on going to around 15 games and the Hive membership for less than 10 games ( if you allow for other benefits, 5 games if you dont), They are essentially the same thing, one is £50 + £10 per game. The other is £26 + £14.45 per game.
petersperoni

Thanks Moonchild and BarnetSteve - very useful information from both you guys and I'll certainly pass this over - possibly next Thursday (if I can get there).

Moonchild, if you could do the research please if you don't mind - anything to help strngthen the case - it would be appreciated.

In any case both of your comments and figures will be passed as soon as I can.

Thanks again guys.
Moonchild_Bee

Hi Peter, sorry for the delays, but many clubs hadn't announced prices. Having a look today at Family Tickets (typically 2a+2c) I was surprised to see that hardly anyone offers them, but I still priced them up. And to be honest, we're certainly not uncompetitive - i.e. we're £39 for 2 adults & 2 under 14's. Other London (ish) L2 clubs are:

AFC Dons – no family tickets 2a+2c in terrace = £40 or £58 seating
D&R – no family ticket but free for Under 10’s if bought in advance. 2a+2c = £36 in terrace or £42 in Family Stand
Leyton Orient = No family tickets, but Under 11’s free – 2a+2c = £40 + £0.50 booking fee
Luton Town – no family tickets – from £42 (2a+2c for a Cat C game)
Northampton Town – no family tickets – Under 7’s free – from £40 2a+2c in family stand
Oxford United - no family tickets – Under 7’s free – from £38 2a+2c in family stand
Stevenage – no terrace family tickets – 2a+2c from £38. West Stand - Family of Three (1 Adult, 2 U16s) - £30, Family of Four (2 Adults, 2 U16s) £40
Wycombe – no family tickets Under 7’s free – 2a+2c from £30 (family stand)

So for seats - only Wycombe are actually cheaper than us. Welcome to be picked up by anyone else if they would like to re-confirm?
petersperoni

Thank you so much for doing that Sam although I feel the club will thank you more!

These comparisons though are always useful - they may even demonstrate a mis- calculation somewhere along the line (though I hope not in this case unless the prices get even lower!).

Thanks again.