A Season Free Of Relegation Worries?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jamiefrbees

Re: A Season Free Of Relegation Worries?

We will be comfortably mid-table and more likely to finish in the upper half than the lower half in my opinion.

Life's too short to be so negative. 70 minutes into the game against Exeter and 2-0 up and only Barnet fans could be that eerily quiet. I'm surprised the team didn't throw it away given the barometer of unease around the ground.

If you're not singing at 2-0 up when do you?
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
BeesKnees

I don't think the unease was due to the likelihood of throwing the game, more at the gifting the ball to the opposition rather than keeping hold of it.
BeeSuperEagle

I don't think so...We will still be in the relegation battle this season but we will finish above Stevenage.
letchbee94

BeeSuperEagle wrote:I don't think so...We will still be in the relegation battle this season but we will finish above Stevenage.
Agree with your last statement, but no way will we be in a relegation battle this season, I'm going to stick my neck out now and say we will finish easily above 18th place.
amberforever

Ive got a sneaking feeling that MA will pull off a play-off challenge! (at least!)
beew

amberforever wrote:Ive got a sneaking feeling that MA will pull off a play-off challenge! (at least!)
If Bailey turns out to be a good acquisition and we can replace Clarke (when he goes) with someone who performs just as well then I'd agree. Highly unlikely though. I'd imagine the business plan was to consolidate a mid table finish and build a base to kick on in the coming years with the increased income that we will be producing from being in a higher league to last season.
antbfc

Why will Clarke go? If Brentford keep doing well I can't see them requiring his services, fingers crossed!
beew

antbfc wrote:Why will Clarke go? If Brentford keep doing well I can't see them requiring his services, fingers crossed!
Because he's on a short term loan deal till Jan 3rd 2016, which can't be extended. They may well recall him in the next fortnight if they wish to.
jerroll

beew wrote:
antbfc wrote:Why will Clarke go? If Brentford keep doing well I can't see them requiring his services, fingers crossed!
Because he's on a short term loan deal till Jan 3rd 2016, which can't be extended. They may well recall him in the next fortnight if they wish to.
That's not correct, It can be converted into a season long loan when the transfer window opens in january or maybe we could even buy him permanently if we wanted to.

Josh Wright was an example of this in 07/08 . was with us for 93 days on emergency loan , went back to charlton and the he signed on a season long loan during the january window.
Last edited by jerroll on 02 Nov 2015, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
BeesKnees

Interesting predicted league table
http://after38.com/after38teams.aspx?team=Barnet

I think we will do better than lose every away game
hoofer2

Don't forget Lincoln City's plummet to relegation that was equivalent to our own in 2000. Sitting comfortably about the playoff zone then a Spring plummet. We need to rack up the points. The thing that pleases me so far is that we are picking points off teams at both the top and bottom of the table. One of our recent faults has been to lose to teams who are around us. When fighting relegation we struggled to pick up points against teams in relegation zone last season we dropped points against top 5.
becbee

jerroll wrote:
beew wrote:
That's not correct, It can be converted into a season long loan when the transfer window opens in january or maybe we could even buy him permanently if we wanted to.

Josh Wright was an example of this in 07/08 . was with us for 93 days on emergency loan , went back to charlton and the he signed on a season long loan during the january window.
I think what we need is for Brentford to continue their current good run, that way they are less likely to be concerned about his return.
Workerbee

I agree that it’s still too early to dismiss the prospect of a potential relegation fight.

The one positive thing is that we are in a much better position at the moment than in recent seasons. At the halfway mark (23 games) in 08-09, 10-11, and 11-12 we only had 20 pts, and in 12-13 just 19 pts. Saying that though, in 09-10 we had 28 pts and still only finished with 48 pts once again!

Overall, I am far more optimistic than we can finish at least in a secure mid-table position this year.
ealingbee84

BeesKnees wrote:Interesting predicted league table
http://after38.com/after38teams.aspx?team=Barnet

I think we will do better than lose every away game
If I was asked before the season if I would of accepted that I would have said yes. I've seen Barnet win 5 times and win 1 at Home this season and considering I have missed a home game I have been pretty well entertained as the only time I have seen Barnet lose was against Wycombe. I do think Barnet can do better but I cannot say for certain as so far injuries have not seemed to impact us too badly, Stack and Lisbie have both been covered. However having a player like Akinde or Yiadom out would be a massive loss. However this could change. Becbee makes a point about Clarke, if Brentford do carry on doing well they may want him to have a full season of experience with Barnet. I think his 4 games with Barnet have helped and am sure they would have given him confidence, then again he may go. We do not know what future Barnet plans are with Bailey or Mclean are.