Morecambe (Hive) The Match Thread Bringing the Sunshine

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnet_pls

Re: Morecambe (Hive) The Match Thread Bringing the Sunshine

It certainly wasn't exciting - but seen plenty worse games! 0-3 defeat To Farnboro when Still was sacked! 1-0 last season against Nuneaton! 0-0 against Accrington the season we went down!
jerroll

barnet_pls wrote:It certainly wasn't exciting - but seen plenty worse games! 0-3 defeat To Farnboro when Still was sacked! 1-0 last season against Nuneaton! 0-0 against Accrington the season we went down!
Accrington in 12/13 was 1-1

Barnet
Byrne 71′ (pen)
Accrington
Boco 53′
barnetdw

hoofer2 wrote:For me it was getting knocked out 1-0 by Accrington Stanley on 8th December 2009 !
We were truly awful that day and the abiding memory was how fantastic the handful
of Stanley supporters were. Did not stop singing.
I brought a girl I was dating at the time to that match, she was a Forest supporter from near Blackpool. That was staggeringly bad football from both sides, we ended up just giggling together as another hoof was sliced into touch - and it was pretty cold too. There was a grand total of 1,288 at that game apparently - and that was an FA Cup replay where a game at home to Fulham in the 3rd round was the prize. Ah, those good ol' Underhill days! :)

Missed Saturday cos of a cold. Thankfully!
simmosenior

What was up with the pitch on Saturday? It was in a terrible state. Not that that excuses the football...
RichardM

simmosenior wrote:What was up with the pitch on Saturday? It was in a terrible state. Not that that excuses the football...
The rain, sleet or/and snow that had fallen over night and during the morning probably did not help.