Hadley FC

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Hadley FC

Postby MCB » 11 Aug 2017, 12:29

BuzzingBee wrote:I think you are alittle out of touch with golf and golf clubs which has become alot more accessible to all in recent years and I am pretty sure will only continue. You only need to look at Trent Park in Oakwood which is routinely packed to the rafters and granted is a nightmare for serious golfers re waiting times but the facilities are great and at £ 20 a round and under a £ 10 in the afternoon a bargin.


I've played Trent Park about 20-30 times and the driving range a similar number of times, a mate used to run the now sadly closed Merryhills. You're right the facilities are great and it is affordable. And it's normally packed as well, and you're right about the demograph.

South Herts has 700 members, and charges £50 or £60 for an 18 hole round. No idea about memberships. I have no issue with privately owned golf courses - I was just surprised to see it was owned by the council - and 9 others, perhaps they should flog them?

Anyway, it's all a diversion, and obviously wouldn't happen, so sorry for the tangent - let's get back to the well trodden path of where the Town of Barnet actually is!
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Hadley FC

Postby John_c » 11 Aug 2017, 19:08

I see we're advocating the running of 2 sites these days? Mainly by people who thought they could run a supporters trust...

Fingers crossed that Hadley don't need to move again. The red wine drinkers amongst their new found fanbase would hyperventilate!
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Hadley FC

Postby Hiveoccupier » 11 Aug 2017, 19:28

John_c wrote:I see we're advocating the running of 2 sites these days? Mainly by people who thought they could run a supporters trust...

Fingers crossed that Hadley don't need to move again. The red wine drinkers amongst their new found fanbase would hyperventilate!


John knows all about red wine,mhow it addles the brain and makes you forget things. Clearly words drawn for years of expeience that youngsters should heed.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 2319
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: Hadley FC

Postby buzzinbee » 21 Aug 2017, 21:25

Hadley have been drawn against FC Romania for the first round qualifying of the FA Cup, to be played on the 2nd of September (we are playing in Wiltshire).

Other localish matches drawn:
Hendon v Wingate & Finchley
Potters Bar Town v Bishop’s Stortford
Enfield Town v Harrow Borough
Without football, my life is worth nothing.
buzzinbee
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 18:57

Re: Hadley FC

Postby alexbach » 23 Aug 2017, 13:11

Hadley now share with AFC south gate.remarkable the amount of teams trading

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
User avatar
alexbach
 
Posts: 238
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 15:42

Re: Hadley FC

Postby alexbach » 23 Aug 2017, 13:13

If you don't care don't comment

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
User avatar
alexbach
 
Posts: 238
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 15:42

Re: Hadley FC

Postby John_c » 23 Aug 2017, 17:36

alexbach wrote:Hadley now share with AFC south gate.remarkable the amount of teams trading

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
Good Lord.
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Hadley FC

Postby Hiveoccupier » 23 Aug 2017, 23:38

John_c wrote:
alexbach wrote:Hadley now share with AFC south gate.remarkable the amount of teams trading

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
Good Lord.


In other news Barnet FC are sharing facilities with a walking football team organised by some of their supporters.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 2319
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: Hadley FC

Postby John_c » 24 Aug 2017, 09:28

Hiveoccupier wrote:
John_c wrote:
alexbach wrote:Hadley now share with AFC south gate.remarkable the amount of teams trading

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
Good Lord.


In other news Barnet FC are sharing facilities with a walking football team organised by some of their supporters.


Well outside Southgate Town, surely?
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Hadley FC

Postby alexbach » 24 Aug 2017, 12:30

AFC south gate was initially mentioned to me by Thomas Salinger,so I naturally did not believe a word.however they really exist

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
User avatar
alexbach
 
Posts: 238
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 15:42

Re: Hadley FC

Postby jerroll » 24 Aug 2017, 12:44

alexbach wrote:AFC south gate was initially mentioned to me by Thomas Salinger,so I naturally did not believe a word.however they really exist

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

They are a huge youth club who have decided to set up a senior team so needed to find somewhere to play with the necessary facilities
jerroll
 
Posts: 7688
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Hadley FC

Postby alexbach » 24 Aug 2017, 12:47

Good luck to AFC Roumania.oystercard to Bucharest

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
User avatar
alexbach
 
Posts: 238
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 15:42

Re: Hadley FC

Postby Livibee » 25 Aug 2017, 06:26

South Herts golf club is a member's owned club and the local authority do not have any interest in it, financial or otherwise.
So the idea to concrete would be a decision for their members and not Barnet council.
To quote Trump any suggestion it's owned by the council is 'fake news'.
Livibee
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 21:30

Re: Hadley FC

Postby hoppy » 13 Sep 2017, 09:13

For those not going to Carlisle on Saturday one option is Hadley v Stotfold.
hoppy
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: becbee, BigBee, Bing [Bot], jerroll, let_it_bee, LoudmouthBFC, Mickbee, pauln50 and 37 guests