Numbers to Crawley

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pgbee

Re: Numbers to Crawley

Couldn't make my local away game, but the spirit of the Bees followed me as a band in the pub/restaurant outside Honfleur we were in struck up 'Sweet child of mine' to close their first half. It went well til they sang..
BeesKnees

I agree with ob,
There is always a boost for end of season games and expecting over 300 at this point in the season was probably expecting too much.
becbee

I don't see why there'd be a boost for a dead rubber match. But then, I didn't go in May because it seemed pointless and I did go yesterday.

What also didn't help was how spread out we all were, hardly helped create an away atmosphere.
Psycho

rudebwoyben wrote:Kenilworth Road is a proper football ground. Compared to Crawley's ground it's the Nou Camp and Stevenage is our local match. I went to see us play at Crawley back in 04/05 and unless it's a very important match I have no desire to make a second visit there, plus there's that annoying guy with the bell!
Ah, yes, Kenilworth Road and Fratton Park. Traditional grounds with room for only anorexics. And the fans to our right prove the theory that if you dare score against them they'll offer you out for a fight. Like stepping back into the eighties again.

Two visits to Crawley in three months is quite enough though. Our first ever draw with them yesterday.

I'm looking forward to visiting MK Dons as it's a new ground for me. Hopefully it'll be just a fiver or tenner at most to get in.
BeesKnees

becbee wrote:I don't see why there'd be a boost for a dead rubber match. But then, I didn't go in May because it seemed pointless and I did go yesterday.

What also didn't help was how spread out we all were, hardly helped create an away atmosphere.
Same,
I didn't go in May and went yesterday so clearly there must be a set of supporters with a different mindset to ours.
Probably along the lines of 'haven't been to many games this season so best make the effort before it's to late.'
foxy

And it was much better weather on our last visit
ShankBee

rudebwoyben wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
Psycho wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:But it's Crawley! Hardly an appealing trip.
By that logic we'll take around 70 to Luton.
And about 35 to Stevenage lol
Kenilworth Road is a proper football ground. Compared to Crawley's ground it's the Nou Camp and Stevenage is our local match. I went to see us play at Crawley back in 04/05 and unless it's a very important match I have no desire to make a second visit there, plus there's that annoying guy with the bell!
+1

Although if I could be guaranteed a Dean Sinclair screamer I'd go every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShankBee

rudebwoyben wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
Psycho wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:But it's Crawley! Hardly an appealing trip.
By that logic we'll take around 70 to Luton.
And about 35 to Stevenage lol
Kenilworth Road is a proper football ground. Compared to Crawley's ground it's the Nou Camp and Stevenage is our local match. I went to see us play at Crawley back in 04/05 and unless it's a very important match I have no desire to make a second visit there, plus there's that annoying guy with the bell!
+1

Although if I could be guaranteed a Dean Sinclair screamer I'd go every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rudebwoyben

That was a great away fan moment that was!
letchbee94

foxy wrote:And it was much better weather on our last visit
Aww should have said I would have leant you my jacket Foxy.
RichardM

Our attendance at yesterday's match at Crawley was 23.06% down on last season. The home attendance was 14.71% down despite their good start to the season. You would expect the away attendance to me affected more than the home attendance at this time of the year and I don't find either drop too surprising.
BeeArmy

We took similar numbers to York and Exeter last year!
beew

In terms of percentage of home support we must have the best away following in the world!