Exeter stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: Exeter stand

That's lovely.

But I always thought we were giving them the South Stand / West Bank from Underhill :?:
beew

MCB wrote:That's lovely.

But I always thought we were giving them the South Stand / West Bank from Underhill :?:
I don't understand this either. When I walked past Underhill yesterday the south stand was still there but Exeter are saying it's stored at their training ground? Maybe it's the seats that have gone and the structure will follow but it's a good bit of business for both clubs and a kind gesture by TK to allow them to pay for it over a number of years.

Oops. Just noticed it's the north from the Hive!!! Who'd want that?
Last edited by beew on 09 Sep 2016, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
MCB

They are getting the bouncy stand from the Hive - Wealdstone's old stand...
John Hunt

FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

Will they name it the Sean Devine Stand?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
wearebees

Barnet get a £1 per away supporter? I'm so confused! Will the Underhill stand eventually be the away end?
MCB

hendon4bee wrote:Reminds me of this;

http://www.citymetric.com/skylines/was- ... ridge-1162
:laugh:

And I can totally see that happening!

I have no idea why they would want the bouncy castle terrace over a decent stand from Underhill which from my understanding can be taken down and moved a lot easier.
hoppy

It does seem very generous of TK to accept payment from Exeter in dribs and drabs (over many years) rather than a one-off capital repayment. But maybe there are tax benefits to all this.
Can any accountants out there shed any light on this?
MCB

hoppy wrote:It does seem very generous of TK to accept payment from Exeter in dribs and drabs (over many years) rather than a one-off capital repayment. But maybe there are tax benefits to all this.
I presumes that that is the only way we can actually make any money from it..

It's not very good. The views crap, there are no facilities, it's just a concrete box with a tiny slope.

Meanwhile a lovely little stand that's easily dismantled sitting rusting at Underhill.
jerroll

MCB wrote:
hoppy wrote:It does seem very generous of TK to accept payment from Exeter in dribs and drabs (over many years) rather than a one-off capital repayment. But maybe there are tax benefits to all this.
I presumes that that is the only way we can actually make any money from it..

It's not very good. The views crap, there are no facilities, it's just a concrete box with a tiny slope.

Meanwhile a lovely little stand that's easily dismantled sitting rusting at Underhill.
Have you not been to Exeter? the away end is an open crumbling terrace several yards back from the pitch due to them moving it a few years ago - even in its basic limited state our old terrace will be an upgrade on what they have. I'm sure they would prefer the underhill south stand but unless they block off the road behind there is no way it would fit in the space.
kingpinfid

I doubt that there are many football clubs lining up to buy the Hive's old North Terrace. TK's options were probably sell it as scrap metal or sell it to Exeter.

Presumably Exeter's total offer was better.
ninestein

At least the Hive North Terrace has some history... Several inflatables made the news whilst attending a game in there.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

I imagine the reason why Exeter are not buying the South Stand from Underhill is the same reason as Southport didn't - Southport were very keen until they found out that it would cost them £250K in transportation and dismantling /reassembling costs to do so.

Anyway actually finding a club who will pay us for the North Terrace from The Hive, which I imagine most of us presumed would go for scrap, sounds like excellent business. Exeter sound pleased too - so good deal all round.

It doesn't say for how long we'll continue to receive our £1 per away supporter - there presumably is some time lapse involved (!).
BeesKnees

Nothing in the article says they are actually going to use it that I can see. They've taken it off our hands and if they do use it then they will pay us.
Maybe I've Misunderstood