Exeter stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
adher36

Re: Exeter stand

Presume it will be built eventually but may not be for a few years.
Looking forward to standing in it when the time comes. Will it be the first time that we have sung 'Barnet Reject' at a stand rather than a player?
barnetpete

I am always surprised no one has every taken the band stand from the top end of Undrhill, or even that TK hasn't got it put up on the training pitches at the north end the reserve team use - maybe one planning application too far! .
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
John_c

Blimey. That's an odd deal? Obviously beneficial to Exeter.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
jerroll

barnetpete wrote:I am always surprised no one has every taken the band stand from the top end of Undrhill, or even that TK hasn't got it put up on the training pitches at the north end the reserve team use - maybe one planning application too far! .
Wasn't that mentioned in hendon4bee's notes of the supporters meeting with tk that it was coming to the hive?
John Hunt

Correct Mr Erroll
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
rudebwoyben

Aren't we making a profit on this stand? After all, we didn't build it.
John_c

rudebwoyben wrote:Aren't we making a profit on this stand? After all, we didn't build it.
:-)
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
barnet_pls

In my mind thats an amazing piece of business selling that stand. It must rank with getting £150k for liam hatch!!
Edd1

Seems a good bit of business to me. I honestly can't see us getting much in scrap value so a deal with the potential for ongoing income based on another clubs gate receipts seems sensible.

Coming back to the Underhill south stand....

I've seen regular comments on here about it being moved. First to the hive. Then southport. Then Exeter.

This board is the only place I have seen that written about it. Never on the club website or in a program or anything like that. Yet somehow it seems to have become the received wisdom that one day it will be moved rather than bulldozed with the rest of Underhill.

Where did that all come from? Can anyone point me towards a link?
BeesKnees

Edd1 wrote:Seems a good bit of business to me. I honestly can't see us getting much in scrap value so a deal with the potential for ongoing income based on another clubs gate receipts seems sensible.

Coming back to the Underhill south stand....

I've seen regular comments on here about it being moved. First to the hive. Then southport. Then Exeter.

This board is the only place I have seen that written about it. Never on the club website or in a program or anything like that. Yet somehow it seems to have become the received wisdom that one day it will be moved rather than bulldozed with the rest of Underhill.

Where did that all come from? Can anyone point me towards a link?
I can't be bothered to dig back to find the links but I will happily confirm what I know to be true.

When I was given a tour of the Hive in the summer before we moved TK told us all in person that he intended to move the Underhill South Stand to the Hive but he hadn't fully made his mind up.
There is also the very original plans, and the plans in 2013 which first placed an elongated version of that stand as the West Stand and then placed it as the North stand.

Southport directors confirmed to their supporters in a press statement that they had been offered the south stand and had been keen to take it but we're unable to because the grant money isn't available for used stands and the cost of transporting it was to high.

Exeter is more tenuous, rumours that they are taking a stand from us have been going for a a while but as far as I know this is the first official statement. The planning application itself made me think that thy were referring to the north terrace. The new main stand has some similarities but I don't think enough to claim it would be the south stand.
Edd1

Cheers! Was just curious.
ShankBee

barnet_pls wrote:In my mind thats an amazing piece of business selling that stand. It must rank with getting £150k for liam hatch!!
Huh? Getting money for that stand is amazing, the amount P'boro got Hatch for was daylight robbery. I don't see how these two things relate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikel Bee

With Underhill sold, isn't it now up to the Department of Education to decide what happens to the South Stand?

Would make a cracking assembly hall seating.
X-Bumble

This article reminded me of the time when we were up at Forest's ground petitioning other Chairman not to throw us out of the league. How great it is to see Tony helping and supporting another club where possible rather than just turning up at a ground in a Rolls Royce to kick them out of the league for their own gain.

Well done Tony!
Mem Beespod

This is so bizarre. Surely a local metal works place could have knock up something similar?!
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938