Exeter stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Exeter stand

jerroll wrote:
MCB wrote:Will away fans have a seated area as well?

I like how you're getting 2 x bouncy stands instead of 1!
Football league regulations dictate you have to offer seats to away fans unless special dispensation is granted like FGR benefited from last year before their bizarre new stand popped up over the summer!!
I'd imagine that Exeter will allocate seats from the new stand to away fans.
John_c

barnetpete wrote:Am I right in understanding this deal was they got the stand 'free' but pay (to BFC/THL/TK empire) £1 per user for a certain period of time?
That is correct Peter.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Temporarily Exiled

MCB wrote:Will away fans have a seated area as well?
rudebwoyben wrote:I'd imagine that Exeter will allocate seats from the new stand to away fans.
Got it in one, rudebwoyben. Away fans that want to sit will retain the last block of the main stand. No season tickets will be allocated to the furthest block of the New Old Grandstand either, so the option to sell additional tickets to away fans is there too if there's sufficient demand.
ExeterRob

The stand is finished!

image here:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drpl-M-WsAI-XT7.jpg:large

Thanks!
ccollis_869

ExeterRob wrote:The stand is finished!

image here:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drpl-M-WsAI-XT7.jpg:large

Thanks!
Looks a right mess!
rudebwoyben

Why has it been sliced in two?!
ExeterRob

That is the only location (being on a hill) where emergency services can drive into the ground when required.
PBBee

Hmmmm not the most attractive looking.

TK does amaze me - the man could flog water to fish seemingly.

A team that could realistically be in league 1 next season taking half of our 2nd hand box of metal.

I’ve mentioned it before but Exeter must have millions & millions in the bank after all their sales in recent years. I suppose they spend it on the pitch rather than infrastructure, unlike us.
rudebwoyben

PBBee wrote:Hmmmm not the most attractive looking.

A team that could realistically be in league 1 next season taking half of our 2nd hand box of metal.

I’ve mentioned it before but Exeter must have millions & millions in the bank after all their sales in recent years. I suppose they spend it on the pitch rather than infrastructure, unlike us.
Er, they have purchased our terrace and replaced their aged grandstand as well as opening a new academy. If that isn't spending on infrastructure I don't know what is! Moreover, the point isn't that we haven't spend any money on players, this is probably the most we've spent on transfers for the last 20 years. It's more that because of the high turnover of managers at our club our recruitment has not been focused.
shankbee01

I like it. Looks totally mental, which is what I miss about new stadiums. It certainly has character, potentially of a psychopath buts it’s character none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBBee

rudebwoyben wrote:
PBBee wrote:Hmmmm not the most attractive looking.

Er, they have purchased our terrace and replaced their aged grandstand as well as opening a new academy. If that isn't spending on infrastructure I don't know what is! Moreover, the point isn't that we haven't spend any money on players, this is probably the most we've spent on transfers for the last 20 years. It's more that because of the high turnover of managers at our club our recruitment has not been focused.
I thought we had given it to them but receive £1 for every person that pays to stand in it (how long this goes on for I’m not sure).

Not sure they need a new academy - the players they’ve produced haven’t been bad so far.
ExeterRob

The project cost 3.5 million including another new stand (Short because of the trainline cutting across one corner). This was all paid for through the council selling land behind the ground, the club only paid for the away end (your stand) but that as said, was given to us then £1 per custromer until a number is reached.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/siteasse ... .jpg/Large

Still an improvement on the crappy old thing we did have, for not much money

Norfolk & Chance

Re the all seater stand, do the fans sitting in the first row have their feet on the pitch?
ExeterRob

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Re the all seater stand, do the fans sitting in the first row have their feet on the pitch?

Ive heard there is electronic advertising going in
John_c

I understand that the terracing has been paid up in full now. Without the silly £1 a head thing required.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player