New Manager Possibilities

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: New Manager Possibilities

I notice a new name on sky bet list Dean Saunders, also I thought Gerrard got job with Liverpool youth team now?

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-s ... t/20080171
cozytheref

Iain Dowie?
tonylaser

He's only got one mention so far but I would go for Alan Curbishley. He hasn't managed for several years but still talks sense on his various TV punditry appearances. Why would he want to manage at League Two level having managed at Premiership/Championship level ?. A team that is on the edge of the play-off zone, a training ground that Fabio Capello described as being equal to many Premiership clubs, a thriving youth set up. He would need a promise from TK to provide the funds for three or four League One standard players in the January window but if he gets that promise I can't see why he wouldn't go for it.
Of course if he has no intention of managing again then the I would go for Ian Hendon and Andy Hesenthaller. Hendon is Barnet through and through. His first stab at managing Barnet may not have been a success but if he came back he would be eager to prove he is a better manager now than he was then.
Other than that get an interim manager in for for 12 -18 months and wait for Allen to make his fifth and inevitable return to Barnet.
Norfolkbee

What odds can I get on Martin Allen as the next manager?
It could be a decent bet if TK doesn't get his finger out and appoint somebody soon.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:What odds can I get on Martin Allen as the next manager?
It could be a decent bet if TK doesn't get his finger out and appoint somebody soon.
Yes, lets panic and just appoint someone for the sake of it !!TK needs to get this one right so I would rather he takes his time and picks the right manager while still giving him enough time to assess the squad before the window opens.
BeesKnees

My favourite would be Chris Powell if he could be tempted.
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Yes, lets panic and just appoint someone for the sake of it !!TK needs to get this one right so I would rather he takes his time and picks the right manager while still giving him enough time to assess the squad before the window opens.
Lighten up. You obviously don't get my sense of humour. :-)
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
About as funny as toothache!! :D :D :D
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
About as funny as toothache!! :D :D :D
I also don't think things should be rushed. However, if a new manager rocked up this week, it would probably give some credence to the theory that a TK/MA rift had been festering for a few weeks.
jerroll

I agree, no one other than him will know if TK was tempted to pull the trigger after the Exeter debarcle!
dawat

Whoever is appointed as our next semi-permanent manager will have to want the position as either a proving ground or a way back into management. I say this because I am aware that the salary that Barnet pay their managers is nothing to write home about. In fact the salary that Paul Fairclough received was quite suprising when I learnt of it. The reason I mention it, is that many of the managers touted as a possible replacement for MA would not look at the Barnet job at the salary offered. On reflection MA augmented his club salary with newspaper articles and TV appearances, which obviously most other managers are unable to do.
Tuesds

Lots of mention, including from me, of managers who have managed several clubs at Championship level or above, such as Pearson, Freedman, Adkins, Powell etc. Not so much talk yet of the sort of managers whose experience and status suggests they might actually be interested in the job, such as Adam Murray or Andy Hessentaler. Murray's obviously keen to get another job quickly, as he was in The League Paper at the weekend talking himself up, no doubt trying to stay on the radar.
jerroll

Well made point, a lot depends on how desperate for a job some of these guys are - Freedman has been out of work since March & Adkins May so they won't want to fall off the merrygoround for too long. Adam Murray isn't a name to excite either - did an ok job at Mansfield with out tearing up any trees and I doubt Hess has sorted out his severence money from Orient yet so may not be in a position to take another job without giving up a lot of money - took Lee Harrison around 6 months after being sacked by them before they paid him up!
GRH

Tuesds wrote:Lots of mention, including from me, of managers who have managed several clubs at Championship level or above, such as Pearson, Freedman, Adkins, Powell etc. Not so much talk yet of the sort of managers whose experience and status suggests they might actually be interested in the job, such as Adam Murray or Andy Hessentaler. Murray's obviously keen to get another job quickly, as he was in The League Paper at the weekend talking himself up, no doubt trying to stay on the radar.
It's like being in a nightclub. You like to think you have a chance with the good looking ones, before you lower your standards towards the end of the evening.
BeesKnees

GRH wrote:
Tuesds wrote:Lots of mention, including from me, of managers who have managed several clubs at Championship level or above, such as Pearson, Freedman, Adkins, Powell etc. Not so much talk yet of the sort of managers whose experience and status suggests they might actually be interested in the job, such as Adam Murray or Andy Hessentaler. Murray's obviously keen to get another job quickly, as he was in The League Paper at the weekend talking himself up, no doubt trying to stay on the radar.
It's like being in a nightclub. You like to think you have a chance with the good looking ones, before you lower your standards towards the end of the evening.
Just hope we don't get to the point where we regret it in the morning .