The Rossi Eames Appreciation Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
RichardM

Re: The Rossi Eames Appreciation Thread

Letsbeehavinyou wrote:do any of us really know Rossi well enough to make a judgement whether he is or isn't the right person for the job? based on his statement he will be in charge for Yeovil at least, looking at the way he takes the warm ups the players seem to respond really well to him I'm sure where MA had his favourites and the players he didn't rate Rossi would have played good cop and his appointment would have come with most if not all the squad and staffs approval. I just hope MA takes James Russell and Carl Muggleton with him they were MA's appointments and if those remain then it could undermine Rossi, Muggleton in particular seemed very vocal and dominating in the technical area it would be nice if Rossi and Henry can bring in their own people if or when confirmed as permanent. Lets try and not expect too much its ideal that Rossi has a few days training before the match on the 10th we have a very tough festive period but if we can get a few wins over December/January then why not give it to Rossi until the end of the season, he comes across as a good guy and nothing would please me more than seeing us promote from within as oppose upsetting the squad with a potential incorrect external appointment. Good Luck to Rossi and Henry. COYB!
I heard that Russell has gone with Martin but Muggleton stays. I suspect that won't be for too long.
tomrose72

I'd want nothing more than for Rossi to do a great job for us. But as we saw when Landvreugd and Schreuder were in charge after Davids left, even after a great start, things may quickly change and then inevitably people will grow impatient and start to question whether we should've really appointed a manager with experience.
Jon83

RichardM wrote:
Letsbeehavinyou wrote:do any of us really know Rossi well enough to make a judgement whether he is or isn't the right person for the job? based on his statement he will be in charge for Yeovil at least, looking at the way he takes the warm ups the players seem to respond really well to him I'm sure where MA had his favourites and the players he didn't rate Rossi would have played good cop and his appointment would have come with most if not all the squad and staffs approval. I just hope MA takes James Russell and Carl Muggleton with him they were MA's appointments and if those remain then it could undermine Rossi, Muggleton in particular seemed very vocal and dominating in the technical area it would be nice if Rossi and Henry can bring in their own people if or when confirmed as permanent. Lets try and not expect too much its ideal that Rossi has a few days training before the match on the 10th we have a very tough festive period but if we can get a few wins over December/January then why not give it to Rossi until the end of the season, he comes across as a good guy and nothing would please me more than seeing us promote from within as oppose upsetting the squad with a potential incorrect external appointment. Good Luck to Rossi and Henry. COYB!
I heard that Russell has gone with Martin but Muggleton stays. I suspect that won't be for too long.
Russell has gone. Confirmed on Eastleigh Twitter.
letchbee94

I would like to think we will have a new manager in by Yeovil, if not though then good luck to Rossi.
Norfolkbee

It took MK Dons nigh on six weeks to get the man they wanted.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 03 Dec 2016, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:It took MK Done nigh on six weeks to get the man they wanted.
They chose to employ a manager who was already in a job, will depend if the man TK wants is in a job or not.
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:It took MK Done nigh on six weeks to get the man they wanted.
They chose to employ a manager who was already in a job, will depend if the man TK wants is in a job or not.
Part of me says I hope he is, but the rest says let's get a move on. Somebody in a job is less likely to be tainted with failure.
ninestein

Rossi and Henry were at Yeovil today scouting them. They won 5-0 against Crawley. I hope they saw enough to devise a game plan...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
letchbee94

Lets hope Yeovil got all their goals out they system yesterday then.
Norfolkbee

ninestein wrote:Rossi and Henry were at Yeovil today scouting them. They won 5-0 against Crawley. I hope they saw enough to devise a game plan...
This probably means that a new appointment will not be imminent - if indeed one is coming at all.
Mem Beespod

I'd be happy for them to take 1/2 games so TK doesn't rush this decision. This truly is a Sliding Doors moment.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
RichardM

Mr Smart wrote:I'd be happy for them to take 1/2 games so TK doesn't rush this decision. This truly is a Sliding Doors moment.
If TK is to bring in a new manager the sooner the better as far as I am concerned. He will need as much time as possible to assess the current squad with a view to possible additions in the January window.
Sparkles

Personally I don't see the need to rush anything. I am sure that Rossi and Henry have enough nous, they are certainly intelligent well qualified people and have some good players in the squad. Pick the best team give them a simple game plan and allow the players to play lead and make decisions on the pitch. I can't imagine their substitutions would be any more ludicrous than those we have seen at times from MA. Time will tell but there should be no rush and time for Rossi and Henry to demonstrate what they can do.
GRH

Mr Smart wrote:I'd be happy for them to take 1/2 games so TK doesn't rush this decision. This truly is a Sliding Doors moment.
I'd agree with that. We can't afford to waste this opportunity to bring in someone to push us on.

I could be wrong, but I don't think TK has ever employed a manager that required them to leave their current employment. Is he prepared to pay the money needed to buy someone out of their contract now? If not, then they are ready to start now, once we find them.