We've signed Coulson after all...

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: We've signed Coulson after all...

Welcome to the board Jack & thanks for the info. Sounds promising your brother - let's hope he flourishes with us.

P.S. If you do see a negative comment on here don't take it to heart - on the whole we're a good supportive group though.
jackdcoulson

PBBee wrote:Welcome to the board Jack & thanks for the info. Sounds promising your brother - let's hope he flourishes with us.

P.S. If you do see a negative comment on here don't take it to heart - on the whole we're a good supportive group though.
Thank you, I have no doubt he will.

Ah, that's okay. I don't take things personally and will be the first to admit if he has an off game. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing but respect for that.

I'm sure you'll all like him. He works hard, puts in a shift and he's extremely down to earth.
hoppy

jackdcoulson wrote:
PBBee wrote:Welcome to the board Jack & thanks for the info. Sounds promising your brother - let's hope he flourishes with us.

Ah, that's okay. I don't take things personally and will be the first to admit if he has an off game. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing but respect for that.

I'm sure you'll all like him. He works hard, puts in a shift and he's extremely down to earth.
jackdcoulson wrote:Thanks! Yup, I'll be there on Saturday - assuming everything is sorted by then but he's under the assumption he'll be in the squad.

I'm not sure - but as far as we are concerned it's a done deal - nothing major.

The ethos and style of play sold him. He's a footballer - not Martin Allen style - and didn't want to risk getting stuck in the Conference for any longer. He's ambitious and your gaffer(s) and chairman sold him on your vision.

P.S. You'll recognise me easily. We look exactly the same and get mistaken for twins a lot.
Three Freddie Flintoffs, there's only three Freddie Flintoffs...
BeesKnees

jackdcoulson wrote:

Top man,
Looking forward to seeing your brother play for us.
hoppy

There's a message on the Eastleigh website that Coulson remains an Eastleigh player. Terms agreed between player and Barnet but some sort of problem with the paperwork between the two clubs.
GRH

They did the same thing when signing Togwell. They don't seem to like anyone breaking the news unless it's them.
Itsmeerc

Hopefully just formalities. Found this video in which he scored the first and third goals for Eastleigh. Obviously only one game but looks powerful and direct on the ball. Also both goals come from the left wing so could be a very suitable replacement for Gambin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJmV---9zY
kingpinfid

hoppy wrote:There's a message on the Eastleigh website that Coulson remains an Eastleigh player. Terms agreed between player and Barnet but some sort of problem with the paperwork between the two clubs.
I don't know what their problem is. Perhaps Barnet FC broke the news before the transfer was completely 100% signed off.

But after Martin Allen sold Bondz N'Gala to Eastleigh and then joined them a couple of days later himself (definitely not a case of insider trading... cough, cough), you'd think they'd be more relaxed. People in greenhouses and all that...

Anyway, hope this Coulson chap is a great success with us and goes on to play at a higher level, following the likes of Puncheon, Bolasie, Adomah and Yiadom.
Tuesds

Itsmeerc wrote:Hopefully just formalities. Found this video in which he scored the first and third goals for Eastleigh. Obviously only one game but looks powerful and direct on the ball. Also both goals come from the left wing so could be a very suitable replacement for Gambin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJmV---9zY
Two cracking goals there against Maidstone... but why didn't Sweeney stop him!!!!???
ccollis_869

when are we going to hear from either team confirming this signing.... all seems a bit up in the air at the moment
tomrose72

Confirmed on the Eastleigh website that 'after lengthy negotiations', Coulson has joined.

http://www.eastleighfc.com/2017/01/18/c ... or-barnet/
Mem Beespod

Maidstone's highlights are really good quality
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
pgbee

tomrose72 wrote:Confirmed on the Eastleigh website that 'after lengthy negotiations', Coulson has joined.

http://www.eastleighfc.com/2017/01/18/c ... or-barnet/
And for a record fee for them. Maybe just to appease their own fans ....
barnetpete

New club record sale for Eastleigh.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
John_c

kingpinfid wrote:
hoppy wrote:There's a message on the Eastleigh website that Coulson remains an Eastleigh player. Terms agreed between player and Barnet but some sort of problem with the paperwork between the two clubs.
I don't know what their problem is. Perhaps Barnet FC broke the news before the transfer was completely 100% signed off.

But after Martin Allen sold Bondz N'Gala to Eastleigh and then joined them a couple of days later himself (definitely not a case of insider trading... cough, cough), you'd think they'd be more relaxed. People in greenhouses and all that...

Anyway, hope this Coulson chap is a great success with us and goes on to play at a higher level, following the likes of Puncheon, Bolasie, Adomah and Yiadom.
Very unusual for BFC to release news like that before the deal is complete.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player