Barnet Twitter Feeds

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Moonchild_Bee

Re: Barnet Twitter Feeds

Just updated as didn't have a couple, including the excellent Downhill 2nd Half (@Downhill2ndHalf).

Now if you'd have been following them, in the last couple of days you'd have discovered such gems as (although I think they are forgetting to utilise the # before Striker and Shift):

29 - Izale McLeod and Steve Kabba have scored 29 goals in just 56 starts between them. Only once have they scored in the same game. Striker.

570 - Four players have played every competitive minute so far this season. They are Kamdjo, Parkes, @DanSenda and Brill. Shift.
Jimbokav1971

That is indeed a brilliant link. Thanks. :hi:
MichaelStone100 Michael Stone
Poor result, disappointing performance. Need to be able to win matches or draw at the minimum when scoring 2 goals. #tighteningupisamust
40 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
I'm quite liking MS on twitter. Honesty is quite refreshing rather than just coming out with the same old rubbish or only commenting after positive results.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Jimbokav1971

@Barnet_Bee is a Twitter account that seems to be run by Adam Newson who is the Times Group reporter who covers Barnet FC.

With little coming out of the club, it might be a decent one to follow. Recent articles have certainly been pretty good.
antbfc wrote:
boloyboy

I use twitter as some of you will know quite a lot and i indeed use the # before certain words...........but i have no idea what the actual # does???

Could someone explain this to me please?

BTW am i right in thinking the only game Izzy and Kabba both scored was Colchester in the JPT?

Cheers
Karl (@boloyboy)
But the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning (Or a Yakubu clearance over the East Terrace)
GRH

boloyboy wrote: BTW am i right in thinking the only game Izzy and Kabba both scored was Colchester in the JPT?
They both scored in the 4-2 win over Lincoln last season, presuming you didn't mean just this season.
boloyboy

I was just trying to answer the 'stat' from Downhill Second half earlier on in the thread but the colchester game may have come after the comment so looks like there are now TWO games :-)
But the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning (Or a Yakubu clearance over the East Terrace)
Jimbokav1971

@Karl.

The # before words on twitter designates that word a "topic". If you then click on that topic, either in your tweet or anyone else's then it will take you straight to a list of all tweets with that topic. The # links them.

Then, the most common topics become trends in various areas and are called trending topics.

When the players or staff tweet about Barnet FC, they include #Bees in the tweet to identify that they are talking about Barnet FC. Anyone who then tweets about Barnet FC and who also used the #Bees is linked to their posts via the hash-tag topic.

You can either click on #Bees within a tweet or simply search for #Bees and the result will be the same, although it also covers non-Barnet areas that have used #Bees to identify it.

If I search right now....

The top one is a Brentford comment, then there are some insect tweets, but lower down we have Barnet_Bee, Cox, Owusu, Senda, all tweeting but identifying their subject matter as Barnet FC by using #Bees

So the basic idea is that any tweet involving Barnet FC should also contain #Bees simply to identify it more easily. That way it can be seen by those who are interested even if they are not following you, nor even know you.

Sorry if that is a convoluted way of explaining it but I "think" that's it.
antbfc wrote:
kingoffootball

Liam O'Brien seemingly on Twitter now.

@Obrien_91

Is there a correlation between use of Twitter and not getting a chance in the first team?
Three-time Conference champions
Bott3rz

Can we pin this?
@iainbotterill
Golf Delta

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
570 - Four players have played every competitive minute so far this season. They are Kamdjo, Parkes, @DanSenda and Brill. Shift.
And therein lies the answer to why our defense is complete pants.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Moonchild_Bee

Added Liam O'Brien, updated Sam Deering and an old Tommy Fraser.

Anyone else? I was thinking of adding Barnet fan tweeters, but they may not actually want hordes of lower league freaks outing them.
PBBee

Talking of twitter on the Cox thread. More positivity from a player who has barely had a sniff since signing, good team spirit being shown hopefully.

''LloydOwusu LloydOwusu(Official)
Massive game 2day 4 us, 6 pointer We need 3pts 2 move away from the edge of the table #letshaveit''
Moonchild_Bee

Simon King added (s_kingy05).

Who is co-incidentally back at Gillingham and available for loan (will be free from injury in about 10 days).

Incidentally, we're looking for loanee defenders... And Gills have shown they will loan to a League 2 club (as long as they are struggling);

Gowon everyone - get your twitter love in going with Kingy! Woo him back...
Jimbokav1971

(JoshWright4) is not on the opening post.

Not currently at a club.

Rumoured to be joining Peterborough shortly. Is he going to need a month somewhere to regain match fitness?
antbfc wrote:
Pushkin

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Gowon everyone - get your twitter love in going with Kingy! Woo him back...
It's gonna take a hell of a lot of lovin'. He endured a torrent of abuse from the East Terrace last time he was back at Underhill.