There are two mh1983's on the board

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mh1983

There are two mh1983's on the board

Just to make you aware that there are 2 x mh1983's on this board.

There is myself who joined the board around 730pm and then another mh1983 who joined around 920pm

The other mh1983 might just be a massive fan of mine and want to be me.....or he may be and I repeat may be a troll or WUM in disguise.

Currently the fake mh1983 has been fine on the board - been very nice ..... however he has done one thing which clearly identifies that he isn't the real mh1983...that was pointing out a grammer mistake....albeit in a nice way.

As you all know my grammer is dreadful and I wouldn't notice a grammer mistake if it stared me in the face.

So an early issue we have on this board is that the same id can be used by two different users.

I would say the solution to this problem is to get the mh1983 who joined at 920pm to change his user name.

I wish you all a good day as I am off up north now for the game!
tolbinc

Re: There are two mh1983's on the board

I think I can see the problem -

you (real) are mh1983, the other is mh 1983 (a space between the 'h' and the '1')

So it doesn't look like you can copy a username but you can have one that looks very similar.
Moonchild_Bee

I just had a look, and it appears I have Admin rights (?).

There are two MH 1983's. Well, the original MH1983, and the more recently added MH 1983 complete with space.

The have different real names, different e-mail addresses, and different ip addresses.

What is interesting with this forum is how easy it is for Admins to ban users, e-mail addresses, and most important, ip addresses.

To prevent the ridiculous nature of the old board carrying over here, I think it's worth cracking down on impersonations early.

However, it's not my board, and not my position to do anything, and not sure if I have these 'privileges' by accident. This is for Mikel, and the rest of you to decide I guess!

I have taken the liberty of changing the name of the newer, fake MH though just to help people clarify that this is two different people. After all, we wouldn't want people to get confused?
Golf Delta

It's good that the board can track ip addresses as anyone can create multiple email addresses. I also think it is a good idea to warn or ban anyone trying to impersonate anyone else by using a similar username. I guess you just have to keep an eye on anyone who looks suspicious.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
bucks bee

If in doubt, kick them out!
Mikel Bee

I think there's a way of only allowing one username with a certain string of characters. Will look into it.
Moonchild_Bee wrote:I just had a look, and it appears I have Admin rights (?).

There are two MH 1983's. Well, the original MH1983, and the more recently added MH 1983 complete with space.

The have different real names, different e-mail addresses, and different ip addresses.

What is interesting with this forum is how easy it is for Admins to ban users, e-mail addresses, and most important, ip addresses.

To prevent the ridiculous nature of the old board carrying over here, I think it's worth cracking down on impersonations early.

However, it's not my board, and not my position to do anything, and not sure if I have these 'privileges' by accident. This is for Mikel, and the rest of you to decide I guess!

I have taken the liberty of changing the name of the newer, fake MH though just to help people clarify that this is two different people. After all, we wouldn't want people to get confused?
Moonchild, you have mail (at the address you signed up with).
torontobee

The inability or unwillingness to ban an IP address on the old board seemed to be the main problem there.

So well done for cracking down on this straight away - the posting rules on signing up are clear.

If any help is needed in moderating (this board may get very popular very quickly!) I would be happy to assist if needed, and I am sure others would as well.
mh1983

so is this sorted now?€
Moonchild_Bee

mh1983 wrote:so is this sorted now?€
It's sorted out in terms of we know all their details. I havn't banned them yet as I didn't think it's my place. I've been having a bit of fun, using the copycat to test out a few features, ie i've renamed them 'I ♡ Johnny Doolan', and if it's ok, I won't delete them so I can test out a few more features on them. I will do if they cause any more issues.

However, if there are any more copycats, that's it, they will be deleted without pause.
mh1983

yeah thats fine - in all fairness the fake mh1983 hasn't done anything wrong .... apart from using my user name with a space ... aka mh 1983
mduffy_918

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
mh1983 wrote:so is this sorted now?€
It's sorted out in terms of we know all their details. I havn't banned them yet as I didn't think it's my place. I've been having a bit of fun, using the copycat to test out a few features, ie i've renamed them 'I ♡ Johnny Doolan', and if it's ok, I won't delete them so I can test out a few more features on them. I will do if they cause any more issues.

However, if there are any more copycats, that's it, they will be deleted without pause.
What like mduufy_918? lol