Mauro Vilhete

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Mauro Vilhete

Postby 0008158 » 16 Apr 2017, 18:45

I am probable going to get dogs abuse for this thread,but i think Vilhete has been very poor all season and after watching the Luton goal it looks like he chickened out of a tackle and Exeters 2nd goal with a half hearted challenge in the area forced this thread upon me.Vilhete i believe was on the tranfer list beginning of the season but the right back problem meant he was kept.38 apperances later and the impressive total of 3 goals and christ knows how many misses later he still ambles around like a star player when playing mid right he gives little help to the fullback and never doubles up on a trickey winger.Weston is far from my ideal mid fielder but looks to give 100% even if he's passing is awful but 8 goals between them speaks volumes.As Boreing Wood never came in for Vilhete after a poor loan spell there( this was a view of a long time Wood fan) Div. 2 seems far to high a level for him.I realise he's couple of goals got us back into the league but no club progresses on sentiment.
0008158
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby antbfc » 16 Apr 2017, 18:48

0008158 wrote:I am probable going to get dogs abuse for this thread,but i think Vilhete has been very poor all season and after watching the Luton goal it looks like he chickened out of a tackle and Exeters 2nd goal with a half hearted challenge in the area forced this thread upon me.Vilhete i believe was on the tranfer list beginning of the season but the right back problem meant he was kept.38 apperances later and the impressive total of 3 goals and christ knows how many misses later he still ambles around like a star player when playing mid right he gives little help to the fullback and never doubles up on a trickey winger.Weston is far from my ideal mid fielder but looks to give 100% even if he's passing is awful but 8 goals between them speaks volumes.As Boreing Wood never came in for Vilhete after a poor loan spell there( this was a view of a long time Wood fan) Div. 2 seems far to high a level for him.I realise he's couple of goals got us back into the league but no club progresses on sentiment.


Always felt he's overrated by our fan base. He's a useful player to have as he works hard and can fill in if needed but is, at best, a squad player.
antbfc
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 11:12

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby RichardM » 16 Apr 2017, 18:57

Unfortunately when he was playing much better for the team earlier in the season and up to Christmas his end product still disappointed. He tended to overdo things and not shoot or make a telling pass at the right time.
RichardM
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 18:19

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby hoppy » 16 Apr 2017, 19:05

"We need to get rid of the negativity and celebrate what we have".....Tony Kleanthous, 16th April 2017.
hoppy
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby BusheyBee43 » 16 Apr 2017, 19:12

You shouldn't get much hate it is your opinion after all and everyone in this forum should be allowed to write it

This is my breakdown of Vilhete in the 2016-2017 season

Martin Allen era- Very good our best player under him

Rossi Eames era- Decent not as good as he was under Allen but still good

Kevin Nugent era- Poor he gave the ball away under Nugent so many times and in the Notts County game he was having a go at one of their players when we were 1-0 down wasting our time

To an extent you are right but he IMO hasn't been poor all season
BusheyBee43
 
Posts: 559
Joined: 21 Feb 2017, 19:39

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby BeeinBristol » 16 Apr 2017, 19:27

BusheyBee43 wrote:You shouldn't get much hate it is your opinion after all and everyone in this forum should be allowed to write it

This is my breakdown of Vilhete in the 2016-2017 season

Martin Allen era- Very good our best player under him

Rossi Eames era- Decent not as good as he was under Allen but still good

Kevin Nugent era- Poor he gave the ball away under Nugent so many times and in the Notts County game he was having a go at one of their players when we were 1-0 down wasting our time

To an extent you are right but he IMO hasn't been poor all season


Good concise analysis. Well said.
BeeinBristol
 
Posts: 142
Joined: 19 Jan 2014, 20:43

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby gowerfan » 16 Apr 2017, 19:30

Could not agree more. Thinks he is probably better than he really is. So why have we just given him a new contract?
Apparently he usually opposes/disagrees with the overall team strategy and with that attitude you can hardly expect 100% commitment. Well known fact that he and Martin Allen never got on. Clearly has talent but needs careful handling. Next season could be crucial for him.
gowerfan
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 21 Feb 2011, 10:18

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby Mickbee » 16 Apr 2017, 19:47

Feel sorry for him,Just about the only position he wasn't covered is in goal. What is his best postion? Certainly not full back, but due to injuries etc he has had to cover there. Hell, he started out as a Forward and has been shunted around the team since then. The fact that he has been able to do this says he has ability and a football brain. Yes I agree he is found wanting in a physical challenge but for me that is his only weaknes as a footballer.IMO If he was a foot taller and a stone heavier he wouldn't be here he would be playing at a higher level. I thinks his performance levels, like the reset of the team has dropped since Xmas.
Mickbee
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 22:36

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby Masuka » 16 Apr 2017, 20:59

I doubt Mauro will ever play higher than League 2 and he is a decent player to have. I like him here.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
User avatar
Masuka
 
Posts: 1411
Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 17:47
Location: East Barnet

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby pgbee » 16 Apr 2017, 21:05

It's just the usual 'pick on a player and dissect his abilities' thread to have a reason as to why we are where we are. We are a team and it is not down to an individual player that we have underperformed. As we head into the retain/release debate.....
pgbee
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 20:56

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby RichardM » 16 Apr 2017, 21:25

BusheyBee43 wrote:You shouldn't get much hate it is your opinion after all and everyone in this forum should be allowed to write it

This is my breakdown of Vilhete in the 2016-2017 season

Martin Allen era- Very good our best player under him

Rossi Eames era- Decent not as good as he was under Allen but still good

Kevin Nugent era- Poor he gave the ball away under Nugent so many times and in the Notts County game he was having a go at one of their players when we were 1-0 down wasting our time

To an extent you are right but he IMO hasn't been poor all season


Spot on. Well done.
RichardM
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 18:19

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby Mr Smart » 16 Apr 2017, 23:26

I haven't seen a lot of Mauro of late but I believe he was one of the players KN was referring to in an interview where he said one or two players desperately needed a break but due to injuries were having to play.

In an attacking role, you need a freshness and last time I saw Mauro, he looked off the pace which would potentially explain why he's been so wasteful in front of goal of late.
Mr Smart
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 18:20

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby hoofer2 » 17 Apr 2017, 08:40

Mauro is a casualty of being a very competent utility player who has never specialised in one position. This means he plays somewhere different every game and is not first choice in any position. Yiadom benefited from being made a right back. However it's probably too late to specialise in a position at the Bees now as his versatility is important option.

He has had some outstanding games this season where he helped set rhythm if match, and he has also had some not so good games. But for me his overall level of play has been better than some who get picked more often and he has a nack of ghosting into the box with ball stuck to feet, the main issue being it is only ever big John in box.
hoofer2
 
Posts: 2278
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby hoppy » 13 Sep 2017, 21:13

Interesting to read the various comments on this old thread.
For me, Mauro has been phenomenal this season and is a major factor behind our recent excellent performances.
hoppy
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 09:43

Re: Mauro Vilhete

Postby PAC66 » 13 Sep 2017, 22:49

hoppy wrote:Interesting to read the various comments on this old thread.
For me, Mauro has been phenomenal this season and is a major factor behind our recent excellent performances.

To be fair, last year he played mainly out wide and faded as the year went on. Personally I think he is not a natural crosser as RW/RM and slows play down by cutting back. At RB/RWB he is decent but prone to switch off (Harry to his credit is more disciplined).

This year he has played mostly at CM and as you say has been phenomenal and such major factor to our strong performances. Playing in his best position IMO and it's getting the best out of him.
PAC66
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 07:19

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests