Mauro Vilhete

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Barnetchris

Re: Mauro Vilhete

I didn't originally see the date on the first poster and thought it was a total wind up, but just shows how quickly players can improve through good instruction, coaching , confidence and being played in a position that suits them and the team.
Mauro was unbelievable on Tuesday and is getting better and better at an age when he should be reaching his peak soon hopefully still with us.
A few more performances like last week may see a few clubs come knocking in the future.
Barnetchris

I didn't originally see the date on the first poster and thought it was a total wind up, but just shows how quickly players can improve through good instruction, coaching , confidence and being played in a position that suits them and the team.
Mauro was unbelievable on Tuesday and is getting better and better at an age when he should be reaching his peak soon hopefully still with us.
A few more performances like last week may see a few clubs come knocking in the future.
X-Bumble

It was interesting that an earlier post questioned why his contract was renewed. It just goes to show that the manager has much better insight about the players than we do.
barnetpete

He was carrying an injury for a large part of the season, was made to play on with injections. If you remember he had an op at the end of the season, went away over close season, rested it, did the rehab and has come back to show us his best.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
dawat

X-Bumble wrote:It was interesting that an earlier post questioned why his contract was renewed. It just goes to show that the manager has much better insight about the players than we do.
Also depends on the manager doesn't it. From recollection MA was not a great fan of Mauro and seemed keen to offload him despite many fans like myself considering losing such a versatile player as nonsense. Unfortunately some managers form an opinion based on perception rather than a true analysis of a player. I can remember when my own son played Sunday league football he was always down the pecking order as a striker with his club because their manager preferred the 'style' of other players. What he never seemed to cotton onto was that my son had a far higher goals per minute played ratio than anyone else. He was the third highest scorer in the team despite only playing a fraction of the time of the two scorers above him and had provided assists for many of their goals.
So well dome Mauro for confirming the ability that so many of us had faith in. Hopefully you will remain a Barnet player for a long time to come but if another club in a higher league entices you away I will still wish you nothing but success.
Guiseleybee

Like many players before him , his versatility has actually been his undoing up until now.

But playing him in one position as Rossi has done this season, has seen Mauro flourish. Remember Derek Payne? Just because Mauro is small, he actually has strength, and is great in the air as well as exceptional pace and balance. So maybe CM is actually his best position. The danger is that he may have to cover other positions if injuries and suspensions occur, especially right back whilst Brindley still out.

Rossi has made several decisions already in his two spells in charge that have been inspired. This, along with bringing Jack back from loan spell and playing JCR behind front two seem like masterstrokes.
NorthFinchleyBee

Just to add my thruppence worth. I think Mauro has been first rate. I went to the Exeter with a friend who's a Liverpool fan amd at one point he said to me he '(Mauro) is easily the best player on the pitch for you guys (he also mentioned Shaquiles first time ball which he said was leagues above Barnet), he is slicing through their defence time and time again'. I had to agree. He was one of the reasons we've done well in the two previous games as well. I think he's had a great start to the season IMHO. The guy has scored good goals too. I'm not quite sure what else he needs to do to get people on side.

Well done Mauro!

COYB
Sam_BFC

I think the original post from many months ago is a bit harsh anyway.

Vilhete looked to be on his way out then forced his way back into the team on merit. Before he left for Eastleigh I think I recall even Martin Allen acknowledging that Vilhete was one of our best players before Christmas last season.

I agree he faded as the season wore on, however hadn't realised he was actually carrying an injury the whole time.
amberforever

Have to say, for me, Mauro is an immense player/ one of the first names on the team sheet I look for. He has a very unique, easy running style, for an average height he gets up well and out jumps taller guys for headers, and shows great skill and footballing brain in his assists. To think MA consigned him to the wilderness for so long is hard to believe.
mcleod23

Mauro is probably one of the most important players to us due to the amount of positions he can play. His energy is top notch and has started to influence play in the final third now.

Love it when he sticks his head down and off he goes. So hard to get the ball off him. Two goals to get us promoted so will always be a favourite of mine.
LoudmouthBFC

BusheyBee43 wrote:You shouldn't get much hate it is your opinion after all and everyone in this forum should be allowed to write it

This is my breakdown of Vilhete in the 2016-2017 season

Martin Allen era- Very good our best player under him

Rossi Eames era- Decent not as good as he was under Allen but still good

Kevin Nugent era- Poor he gave the ball away under Nugent so many times and in the Notts County game he was having a go at one of their players when we were 1-0 down wasting our time

To an extent you are right but he IMO hasn't been poor all season

Agree with this