Stadium Expansion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees

Re: Stadium Expansion

hoofer2 wrote:Out of interest, do we still have the cap on maximum ground attendance? And has the 10 year restriction on League football been waived now?
The restriction was in the lease. As TK has now bought the freehold, I assume it's no longer an issue.
Mikel Bee

hoofer2 wrote: Out of interest, do we still have the cap on maximum ground attendance? And has the 10 year restriction on League football been waived now?
It's now 8500 and TK bought the freehold a year or two back so the 10 year restriction no longer applies.

Good point about hospitality. Without the West extension, VIP guests will be standing on the East, behind the goal in the South or squeezing into Legends at half time, so perhaps the club are going to go ahead with extending the West but they must be getting near the 3 year limit since that application passed?

I'm sure the money has been invested in the right places for the long term future of the club and THL and I applaud TK for pushing the club's facilities forward but I can't help being distracted by the eye watering sums. Of the £60m overall spend on the Hive, £15m has been covered by the sale of Underhill. Are the rest loans? Grants? TK's pockets? Toshiba? Any of our accountants on here able to tell us how much debt we've repaid since acquiring PEPF?
ccollis_869

Any idea when these developments will start, I appreciate he said over the next 2-3 years but does that mean we will start seeing things happening this summer?
MCB

Want to know more about the terracing. It states it will be repurposed, but let's face it, there are two options

1) the cheap options of simply removing seats an popping in some metal supports
2) completely redesigning it so it has a steep incline, low roof that covers the entire stand for weather protection and atmosphere
3) good bar & cafe facilities

Come on, let's do this properly as we're spending £100 million! It could make a vast difference to the atmosphere at the club.
eastbarnetsupporter

Very excited to see these plans come into fruition. Other clubs at our level would dream to see this happen to their club and stadium.

We're creating a stable and solid future by doing this and eventually we'll see this growth on the pitch too.
eastbarnetsupporter

pgbee wrote:Having a long narrow terrace with a high back wall along the side of the pitch is rubbish. I suspect most South standers would not go there, which is of course the point , to remove the low paying end of the fan base by making the facilities to stand the worst they could be. Save by only doing half the length as there won't be enough standers to fill even that.
It will be similar to the old east terrace at underhill so what's the gripe?

Sure the roof needs extending along the sides but I'd happily stand there, you'll be up and close with the pitch and having sat there many times the view is great (and that's sitting!)
RichardM

Mikel Bee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote: Out of interest, do we still have the cap on maximum ground attendance? And has the 10 year restriction on League football been waived now?
It's now 8500 and TK bought the freehold a year or two back so the 10 year restriction no longer applies.

Good point about hospitality. Without the West extension, VIP guests will be standing on the East, behind the goal in the South or squeezing into Legends at half time, so perhaps the club are going to go ahead with extending the West but they must be getting near the 3 year limit since that application passed?

I'm sure the money has been invested in the right places for the long term future of the club and THL and I applaud TK for pushing the club's facilities forward but I can't help being distracted by the eye watering sums. Of the £60m overall spend on the Hive, £15m has been covered by the sale of Underhill. Are the rest loans? Grants? TK's pockets? Toshiba? Any of our accountants on here able to tell us how much debt we've repaid since acquiring PEPF?

I think the chairman is exaggerating just a bit when quoting £60m spend on The Hive. He has had a tendancy to exaggerate.
ninestein

Plenty of reaction on Facebook as you'd expect. A fair few people commenting that we should use the money to build a good side.
When are people going to learn we have squad budget restraints? A lot of fans living in the age of 15 years ago where clubs would spend beyond their means in the hope of climbing up a league and then hoping for the best.

These plans are for the next few years, and as it comes together we will get more people from outside using the facility. All of that revenue goes into the pot, and then it finally becomes available to the manager to spend on players. This is the model for a sustainable club. Rewind 20 years and we could only dream of this.

If John Still and Darren Currie can get us playing the sort of football they talk about in their first interviews, and we get back into the FL with a successful side, the jigsaw will really start to look good as crowds start to build gradually to watch a winning team.

I can see more international fixtures being played at the Hive as well. England U20's, U19's or U17's could well be featuring at our ground once the new stand is up and running, and those age groups are providing a lot of excitement for football in our country right now. Once again, think of the revenue those occasions would bring in and what it would mean for our side.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

We had a lot of money to spend on players over the past couple of years. It did not end well.

The myth that TK's alleged lack of spending sent us down really needs to stop.
RichardM

ninestein wrote:Also, if the East side is being converted back to a terrace, what are TK's plans to relocate matchday guests, press and club officials who currently sit around the dugout?

There has been talk of a second tier on the east side so that could be where The Directors, Press, etc would be located. the dugouts could be moved to the front of the West Stand or just left where they are now.
eastbarnetsupporter

ninestein wrote:Plenty of reaction on Facebook as you'd expect. A fair few people commenting that we should use the money to build a good side.
When are people going to learn we have squad budget restraints? A lot of fans living in the age of 15 years ago where clubs would spend beyond their means in the hope of climbing up a league and then hoping for the best.

These plans are for the next few years, and as it comes together we will get more people from outside using the facility. All of that revenue goes into the pot, and then it finally becomes available to the manager to spend on players. This is the model for a sustainable club. Rewind 20 years and we could only dream of this.

If John Still and Darren Currie can get us playing the sort of football they talk about in their first interviews, and we get back into the FL with a successful side, the jigsaw will really start to look good as crowds start to build gradually to watch a winning team.

I can see more international fixtures being played at the Hive as well. England U20's, U19's or U17's could well be featuring at our ground once the new stand is up and running, and those age groups are providing a lot of excitement for football in our country right now. Once again, think of the revenue those occasions would bring in and what it would mean for our side.
Couldn't agree more. Let's compare Underhill in the 90s to this set up... a million miles better
BeesKnees

RichardM wrote:
ninestein wrote:Also, if the East side is being converted back to a terrace, what are TK's plans to relocate matchday guests, press and club officials who currently sit around the dugout?

There has been talk of a second tier on the east side so that could be where The Directors, Press, etc would be located. the dugouts could be moved to the front of the West Stand or just left where they are now.
Not happening without a major rework of the east side.

Any second tier would be too close to the pitch and fail the sightlines test in the green sports ground safety guide that modern grounds have to adhere to.
Any seat must be able to see the near and far touchlines without requiring the person to stand up.
barnetpete

The plans suggest a big new corporate / office spaces to the rear of the West Stand. Would expect that would bring directors, press etc across to the west, - so look out Block D!!!, and leave the Amber Banqueting suite to worry about weddings.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
hoofer2

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:
ninestein wrote:Plenty of reaction on Facebook as you'd expect. A fair few people commenting that we should use the money to build a good side.

Couldn't agree more. Let's compare Underhill in the 90s to this set up... a million miles better
Hopefully England C so we get a chance to give PF credit for his service to Barnet FC
pgbee

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:
pgbee wrote:Having a long narrow terrace with a high back wall along the side of the pitch is rubbish. I suspect most South standers would not go there, which is of course the point , to remove the low paying end of the fan base by making the facilities to stand the worst they could be. Save by only doing half the length as there won't be enough standers to fill even that.
It will be similar to the old east terrace at underhill so what's the gripe?

Sure the roof needs extending along the sides but I'd happily stand there, you'll be up and close with the pitch and having sat there many times the view is great (and that's sitting!)
I like standing at an end because generally when I was an impressionable teenager that was where standing areas were, swapping ends at HT....also easier to see the whole pitch. Went to ET out of necessity in the later years