Stadium Expansion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mikel Bee

Stadium Expansion

Plans unveiled at the Q&A night show some big developments for The Hive. From what I can tell so far:

1) A large extension to the rear of the north stand which will be taller than the current roof.
2) New south stand the same as the north with a large extension on the back to house the academy.
3) West stand rear extension
4) East stand to become terracing.
5) Stadium capacity increased to 8,000
6) Mention of longer term plans to "complete the bowl" shape of the stadium.
7) New indoor sports academy building on the field behind the North Stand.
8) Astroturf areas to become a sports hall.
9) Improvements will allow us to potentially aim for Academy 1 status currently only held by Premier League and a few big Championship sides.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ETBee

Re: Stadium Expansion

The planners will have a fit!
GRH

What did the Gym members make of it? Yes I'm being flippant and facetious, but it deserves it.
John_c

GRH wrote:What did the Gym members make of it? Yes I'm being flippant and facetious, but it deserves it.
:-)
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ShankBee

Terracing on the East Stand is a brilliant decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talldarkslim

This is great news and the Hive could become a wonderful place to watch football. However on the minus side we need a much better side to put the necessary bums on seats
BeesKnees

Details posted on Twitter say a multi story car park as well.
Mikel Bee

ShankBee wrote:Terracing on the East Stand is a brilliant decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must agree. Stood at the back of that stand this evening and the view is rather good. An opportunity to rebuild an East Terrace Underhill type atmosphere.
northantsbee

Was there any mention of improvements on the pitch at the Q&A? Having an 8,000 capacity all singing, all dancing stadium with multi storey car park and academy 1 status isn't going to do us much good if we're back in the conference.... unless TK is going to start hosting music concerts to chicken lovers
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
ninestein

TK told me that we already have planning permission for the rear extension to the West stand, we have held back from building it until it was necessarry. Only one of the astro pitches would become an indoor multi-sports hall, the one nearest the railway.

The multistorey parking would be in the rear of the new South Stand. The area to the rear of the New North stand would become an indoor facility. East Stand to be re-profiled as a terrace once the directors and press seats are relocated to the West with its hospitality extension. Capacity to be increased to 8,000

Big ambitions, we need the successful side now to match them. Planning has already been submitted for all of this!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
LeicesterBee

ninestein wrote:TK told me that we already have planning permission for the rear extension to the West stand, we have held back from building it until it was necessarry. Only one of the astro pitches would become an indoor multi-sports hall, the one nearest the railway.

The multistorey parking would be in the rear of the new South Stand. The area to the rear of the New North stand would become an indoor facility. East Stand to be re-profiled as a terrace once the directors and press seats are relocated to the West with its hospitality extension. Capacity to be increased to 8,000

Big ambitions, we need the successful side now to match them. Planning has already been submitted for all of this!
All seems like a lot of effort and expense for what is a temporary home after all :whistle:

If it's to become a terraced stand, then the east stand could certainly do with a lower roof that covers all the stand. Nice idea to convert it, though. :Drink1: Guess the west stand extension would need to happen before that in order to provide more hospitality areas in that stand.
DerekRocholl

Any mention of planning permission for the extra works and capacity increase. Difficult to envisage the latter won't be contentious. road access and egress must need some significant attention.
MCB

MCB