A Barnet FC Fans' Blog

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
buzzinbee

A Barnet FC Fans' Blog

Came across this blog about a month ago and found it very enjoyable and interesting with the goings on during pre-season and match reports, also the interviews with Tony and Rossi.

A few tasters from previous articles:

On Jamie's double save in yesterday match;
Morison firing a shot at Jamie Stephens who acrobatically saved, only for the rebound to fall to Shane Ferguson whose header was heading in had it not been for Jamie to get back up and catch the rebounded shot before it crossed the line.

TK about the Hive;
Forget that I own Barnet, I support Barnet and even if we moved to Edinburgh i’d still support us.

Rossi about future transfers;
There are two positions we want to strengthen in. I won’t reveal what they are but as the number 11 shirt is free, I think people can work out one of the positions we are looking at.

Worth bookmarking https://dansblogtime.wordpress.com/

Thanks and great work in putting it together Dan :y:
RichardM

Re: A Barnet FC Fans' Blog

buzzinbee wrote:Came across this blog about a month ago and found it very enjoyable and interesting with the goings on during pre-season and match reports, also the interviews with Tony and Rossi.

A few tasters from previous articles:

On Jamie's double save in yesterday match;
Morison firing a shot at Jamie Stephens who acrobatically saved, only for the rebound to fall to Shane Ferguson whose header was heading in had it not been for Jamie to get back up and catch the rebounded shot before it crossed the line.

TK about the Hive;
Forget that I own Barnet, I support Barnet and even if we moved to Edinburgh i’d still support us.

Rossi about future transfers;
There are two positions we want to strengthen in. I won’t reveal what they are but as the number 11 shirt is free, I think people can work out one of the positions we are looking at.

Worth bookmarking https://dansblogtime.wordpress.com/

Thanks and great work in putting it together Dan :y:
A very good and well presented blog but I do question the accuracy of the statement that Barnet paid £100,000 for Luke Coulson. I am not sure the fee was ever disclosed but £40,000 seems to ring a bell.
becbee

We paid £40K for Simeon Akinola.
The fee for Luke Coulson was undisclosed, however it was reported as being Eastleigh's record transfer fee received, more than they'd received from Bristol Rovers for Joe Partington a week or so earlier and that was said to be between £50K - £100K. So £100K for Coulson is quite feasible.
jonbonbaby

while most of it is pretty good 'whilst Akinola has just been dreadful since his arrival in January' is a ridiculous comment
Masuka

jonbonbaby wrote:while most of it is pretty good 'whilst Akinola has just been dreadful since his arrival in January' is a ridiculous comment
Akinola has been dreadful since his arrival. He is a striker that does bugger all and does not score goals.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
LeicesterBee

Masuka wrote:
jonbonbaby wrote:while most of it is pretty good 'whilst Akinola has just been dreadful since his arrival in January' is a ridiculous comment
Akinola has been dreadful since his arrival. He is a striker that does bugger all and does not score goals.
Apart from the goal of the season of course :whistle:
#Beebot

He's been underwhelming but by no means dreadful.

I suspect he may be on his way out though as JLAA and Shomotun are starting ahead of him now and have looked more impressive in PSFs.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
becbee

Masuka wrote:
Do you actually like any of our players? I can't recall you ever making a positive post.
becbee

Masuka wrote:
Do you actually like any of our players? I can't recall you ever making a positive post.
adher36

Akinola was a big part of the second half of our season last year, and I am sure he will play an even bigger part of our season this time round with a full pre season under his belt.

He looked very good cutting in from the wing last year and although he perhaps didn't find the score sheet as much as he/we would have liked, he was not the reason for Barnet failing to achieve a better Play Off push. With him and JLAA in the squad (alongside the youngsters), I don't go along with the notion that we need another striker to replace Akinde should he get injured (which he probably won't anyway.)
WinchyBee

Good all-round blog but I totally disagree with the Akinola comment.

I think you'll all see an improved Akinola after a good pre-season behind him. I think you've got to bear in mind he was playing for a relegated team(to be) in the Conference for the first half of last year and was thrown into a team in the Football League that was struggling under Nugent.

He's a really silky player so let's hope he can start the reason on the front foot.
ninestein

For me, Akinola is the "rough diamond" type of player. He shows flashes of brilliance, and knows how to scare defenders. What he needs is to learn the holy grail of good decision making. When to go it alone and when to get your head up and pass. Some of our best football in the 2nd half of the season involved him and we need to hope that Rossi and his staff are working with him. I think he has a lot to offer this side.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Masuka

becbee wrote:
Masuka wrote:

I like Luisma.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Barnetchris

I like Akinola.
becbee

Masuka wrote:
becbee wrote:
Masuka wrote:

I like Luisma.
You like one ex player and seemingly no current ones. It sounds like you're following the wrong club. Try Arenas Club de Getxo.