Chairmans Q&A answers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby LeicesterBee » 15 Aug 2017, 11:48

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2017/augu ... ---part-1/

Some interesting and frank answers by TK

Safe to say that I don't think we'll be seeing MA back anytime soon!
User avatar
LeicesterBee
 
Posts: 939
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 15:27
Location: Leicester

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby Mr Smart » 15 Aug 2017, 12:08

Who are the "technical team"? Didn't elaborate on that. Was a bit of a politician's answer


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr Smart
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 18:20

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby adher36 » 15 Aug 2017, 12:46

I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

The supporters coach question in particular has been asked and answered so many times. It is not coming back because not enough people used it. I really struggle to understand why people do not understand the concept of breaking even.
adher36
 
Posts: 932
Joined: 28 Jul 2011, 20:52

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 15 Aug 2017, 12:57

adher36 wrote:I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

The supporters coach question in particular has been asked and answered so many times. It is not coming back because not enough people used it. I really struggle to understand why people do not understand the concept of breaking even.


Does literally everything have to break even or turn a profit? There is no chairman in the land who does the job to make a profit. On the odd special occasion I'd have thought losing a few quid would be worth it to help boost the numbers at a big away game. A 12th man on the terraces can conceivably carry a team to the next round and generate even more income. Mind you I'm not chairman of a football club though.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 312
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby ninestein » 15 Aug 2017, 13:05

I can understand TK's position on this subject. However, maybe there's a case that for big one-off games, the club could put the feelers out to see if there is enough demand. It's a shame this Brighton game is at reasonably short notice. But say we got through and drew Man Utd away again, perhaps the club could send an e-mail out and gauge the number of responses to see if there's enough demand for a coach before making a decision on it. We don't want the club to be losing money anywhere, at the end of the day that impacts our expenditure on the pitch. But if we know we can guarantee a break-even operation for big away games, the priority should be to get as many fans to the game as possible to back the side.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 3931
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby John_c » 15 Aug 2017, 13:21

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
adher36 wrote:I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

The supporters coach question in particular has been asked and answered so many times. It is not coming back because not enough people used it. I really struggle to understand why people do not understand the concept of breaking even.


Does literally everything have to break even or turn a profit? There is no chairman in the land who does the job to make a profit. On the odd special occasion I'd have thought losing a few quid would be worth it to help boost the numbers at a big away game. A 12th man on the terraces can conceivably carry a team to the next round and generate even more income. Mind you I'm not chairman of a football club though.
There are plenty of chairmen who try and break even. And fail.

It's the reason we haven't gone bust again. Seems sensible to me.
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby John_c » 15 Aug 2017, 13:22

He's basically saying that they've tried all sorts and it rarely makes a difference. Winning games - that's what makes a difference. Let's see what happens.
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby RichardM » 15 Aug 2017, 13:23

John_c wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:
adher36 wrote:I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

The supporters coach question in particular has been asked and answered so many times. It is not coming back because not enough people used it. I really struggle to understand why people do not understand the concept of breaking even.


Does literally everything have to break even or turn a profit? There is no chairman in the land who does the job to make a profit. On the odd special occasion I'd have thought losing a few quid would be worth it to help boost the numbers at a big away game. A 12th man on the terraces can conceivably carry a team to the next round and generate even more income. Mind you I'm not chairman of a football club though.
There are plenty of chairmen who try and break even. And fail.

It's the reason we haven't gone bust again. Seems sensible to me.


Exactly!
RichardM
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 18:19

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby BurntOakBee » 15 Aug 2017, 13:33

His dislike for MA comes across surprisingly strongly here. I'm surprised he managed to hold onto his job that long before the 'move' to Eastleigh!
BurntOakBee
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Oct 2015, 20:20

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 15 Aug 2017, 13:53

RichardM wrote:
John_c wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:
adher36 wrote:I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

The supporters coach question in particular has been asked and answered so many times. It is not coming back because not enough people used it. I really struggle to understand why people do not understand the concept of breaking even.


Does literally everything have to break even or turn a profit? There is no chairman in the land who does the job to make a profit. On the odd special occasion I'd have thought losing a few quid would be worth it to help boost the numbers at a big away game. A 12th man on the terraces can conceivably carry a team to the next round and generate even more income. Mind you I'm not chairman of a football club though.
There are plenty of chairmen who try and break even. And fail.

It's the reason we haven't gone bust again. Seems sensible to me.


Exactly!


We must surely be on a much firmer footing now. An occasional extravagant gesture to the fans (one that would probably break even anyway) isn't going to bring the club down imo. In fact I think the speculate to accumulate approach could be tried once or twice without risking the club's future and may even get the home crowds up. An end to austerity !
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 312
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby ninestein » 15 Aug 2017, 14:03

3) Why do think our crowds have not increased following our Conference winning season, most other that have won the Conference saw an increase the following season?

Personally I felt our style of football and results in League 2 were poor.


That response is very blunt and to the point, but it's refreshing to hear him say it.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 3931
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby Mr Smart » 15 Aug 2017, 14:30

I think the parting of ways came at the right time. MA was clearly digging at TK in his interviews when he kept mentioning how many kids he was giving debuts to.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr Smart
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 18:20

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby MCB » 15 Aug 2017, 14:30

Dear TK,

Can we have changing rooms like those Glenn Tamplin installed at Billericay?

Thanks!

https://twitter.com/glenntamplin/status/897153707124690944
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 15 Aug 2017, 14:31

ninestein wrote:3) Why do think our crowds have not increased following our Conference winning season, most other that have won the Conference saw an increase the following season?

Personally I felt our style of football and results in League 2 were poor.


That response is very blunt and to the point, but it's refreshing to hear him say it.


I would attach more credence to that response if the crowds started higher and then tailed off due to the style of football and performances.

I think there is more in play than just performances on the pitch and as an astute businessman, he probably knows that.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 312
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Postby peterstebbings » 15 Aug 2017, 15:25

Not sure how frank or interesting any of his answers are and don't feel like we've learnt a whole lot from it.
peterstebbings
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 14 Jun 2012, 18:40

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bee52, Bing [Bot], FreshB, JWTBee, LeicesterBee, RichardM, South_Belfast_Bee and 21 guests