Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

Re: 1303

I've said it before, the main issue we have this season is the fact Tottenham can offer cheap tickets at Wembley to watch premiership football. Our numbers are down and will carry on to be down until the absurd prices we charge are addressed. I'm surprised the club didn't put up objections to the PL when Tottenham proposed their move to Wembley to stop the cheap £20 tickets. They will carry on taking support away from us for their length of stay in Wembley and when they've gone Chelsea will most probably take their place for a further 3 seasons.
Norfolkbee

Boreham Wood had a crowd of just under 2000 yesterday.
wearebees

1264 of those were Leyton Orient fans. So 656 home fans.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
rudebwoyben

There is also no way that B'wood have 656 fans!
hoppy

It's probably my aged eyes, but I didn't think Cambridge had as many fans as was declared for them. I guesstimated about 400 max.
MCB

hoppy wrote:It's probably my aged eyes, but I didn't think Cambridge had as many fans as was declared for them. I guesstimated about 400 max.
Second that - quite surprised. Thought more home support than quoted as well.

As a secondary point, presuming we have roughly half the 2017 home memberships we need to get them half price, shame everyone didn't think of a way of getting everyone to buy 2, thus paying the same amount. Then just give the spare memberships to friends to come for free and try out the hive...v :....:
StephenM

beew wrote:I've said it before, the main issue we have this season is the fact Tottenham can offer cheap tickets at Wembley to watch premiership football. Our numbers are down and will carry on to be down until the absurd prices we charge are addressed. I'm surprised the club didn't put up objections to the PL when Tottenham proposed their move to Wembley to stop the cheap £20 tickets. They will carry on taking support away from us for their length of stay in Wembley and when they've gone Chelsea will most probably take their place for a further 3 seasons.
I'd be very surprised if Tottenham play more than 2 or 3 times at 'home' on a Saturday all season, let alone the same day Barnet are at home. It won't be and isn't a factor worth worrying about in relation to Barnet attendances.
beew

StephenM wrote:
beew wrote:I've said it before, the main issue we have this season is the fact Tottenham can offer cheap tickets at Wembley to watch premiership football. Our numbers are down and will carry on to be down until the absurd prices we charge are addressed. I'm surprised the club didn't put up objections to the PL when Tottenham proposed their move to Wembley to stop the cheap £20 tickets. They will carry on taking support away from us for their length of stay in Wembley and when they've gone Chelsea will most probably take their place for a further 3 seasons.
I'd be very surprised if Tottenham play more than 2 or 3 times at 'home' on a Saturday all season, let alone the same day Barnet are at home. It won't be and isn't a factor worth worrying about in relation to Barnet attendances.
I think you've missed the point. Many of our casual fans are also supporters of Spurs, and many of them haven't had the opportunity to watch them live in their lifetime as supply of tickets at WHL was so sparse and very expensive. Until now they'd come to Barnet with mates and maybe catch a Spurs game before ours or after on the TVs in our bars. Now they have the option of saving the money spent coming to the Hive and watching Spurs at Wembley, I'm sure many didn't come yesterday but instead have chosen to spend that money watching CL football on Wednesday v Dortmund, or maybe the game on Saturday v Swansea. Most people can only afford to go to football fortnightly and I'm convinced this is the current dilemma the club have.
StephenM

beew wrote:
StephenM wrote:
I think you've missed the point. Many of our casual fans are also supporters of Spurs, and many of them haven't had the opportunity to watch them live in their lifetime as supply of tickets at WHL was so sparse and very expensive. Until now they'd come to Barnet with mates and maybe catch a Spurs game before ours or after on the TVs in our bars. Now they have the option of saving the money spent coming to the Hive and watching Spurs at Wembley, I'm sure many didn't come yesterday but instead have chosen to spend that money watching CL football on Wednesday v Dortmund, or maybe the game on Saturday v Swansea. Most people can only afford to go to football fortnightly and I'm convinced this is the current dilemma the club have.
It's possible this applies to some but I can't see the number of people this applies to really being noticed in general. And I believe it's been mentioned previously, someone has produced the figures to show it, the numbers aren't significantly down. They just aren't increasing.
Norfolk & Chance

There are, I'm sure, a multitude of seemingly insignificant reasons why a small number of fans don't turn up. But add them altogether, and they may indeed add up to hundreds.
Dismissing a 1300+ crowd whilst basking in the glow of a great win is as daft as jumping out the window following a bad defeat.
There are structural issues and the chairman should be fixing them imo.
Relying on the team winning practically every game to get the numbers up is a fools business plan.
beew

StephenM wrote:
beew wrote:
StephenM wrote:
It's possible this applies to some but I can't see the number of people this applies to really being noticed in general. And I believe it's been mentioned previously, someone has produced the figures to show it, the numbers aren't significantly down. They just aren't increasing.
The numbers are significantly down as we have played 3 of the bigger games at home so far. If you took the average home crowds at the Hive v Luton, Stevenage and Cambridge, I think we'd all be in for a big shock. Probably down 400 and with a team that is considerably better than before, and playing some decent football.
RichardM

The average home attendance at the first 3 league games last season was 1,319. This season it is 1,365. Just another statistic to show that our core support for the last few seasons has not changed significantly. History shows that a few hundred more may come to games as the season progresses and that is probably reliant on results.
hoppy

RichardM wrote:The average home attendance at the first 3 league games last season was 1,319. This season it is 1,365. Just another statistic to show that our core support for the last few seasons has not changed significantly. History shows that a few hundred more may come to games as the season progresses and that is probably reliant on results.
We had a Tuesday evening fixture in September 2016 against Morecambe.
The attendance was 1164 (1127 home, 37 away).
RichardM

hoppy wrote:
RichardM wrote:The average home attendance at the first 3 league games last season was 1,319. This season it is 1,365. Just another statistic to show that our core support for the last few seasons has not changed significantly. History shows that a few hundred more may come to games as the season progresses and that is probably reliant on results.
We had a Tuesday evening fixture in September 2016 against Morecambe.
The attendance was 1164 (1127 home, 37 away).
That game was not one of the first 3 last season and we have a Tuesday evening game in 2 days time. It will be interesting to see what the attendance is especially as we have had 2 good results in the last 9 days.
beew

Last year we played Acrington, Carlisle and Blackpool on a Tuesday night. This year Luton, Stevenage and Cambridge all on a Saturday, but there's only been 50 more in attendance? Something is wrong somewhere but as some have said it must be down to holidays. Wish I could afford a 4 week holiday!