Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

Number of home fans for a local derby. Surely with all these weddings, pitch hire, coffees etc TK can afford to lower the prices for the main event... the football.

Shocking result, but even more worrying home attendance.
Formerly Watfordbee
BEEGONE

Re: 1303

watfordbee wrote:Number of home fans for a local derby. Surely with all these weddings, pitch hire, coffees etc TK can afford to lower the prices for the main event... the football.

You missing the fact that Barnet FC is the smallest part of the Hive. :whistle:

It barely scrapes a profit compared to the rest of the complex.
beew

Just waiting for the email offers of cheap tickets. They need to scrap the membership scheme and start offering prices that attract fans in. £25 to sit and watch L2 football isn't popular. Standing in a terrace behind a goal for £19 where each fan could literally pitch an uncomfortable tent isn't either.
Itai-bee

I bought my 17 year old son along today.£25 less 15% discount because I'm a member.Still very expensive.Especially when the demand is not there.
I would understand if we were full to capacity every week.
It does need to be looked at again.
hoppy

watfordbee wrote:Number of home fans for a local derby. Surely with all these weddings, pitch hire, coffees etc TK can afford to lower the prices for the main event... the football.

Was the poor home attendance figure down to seasonal factors (holidays/bank holiday weekend/ carnival etc)?
We have had home fixtures on August Bank Holiday Saturday in each of the past two seasons.
Last season we were at home to Carlisle and the home attendance was 1322, not a lot different to today.
On the Bank Holiday Saturday 2015/16 we had a home fixture against Cambridge United. The home support in that game was 1624.
Not fully conclusive but maybe TK hasn't won back the lost fans after the price increase/ communication fiasco of summer 2016.
StephenM

Can also factor in that, yes it's a local "derby", but it is a local derby against a team that Barnet has no long term history with. Also, I am willing to bet now that Barnet have more fans at Stevenage than Stevenage had at Barnet.
CrawleyBee

Any news on the 2016 members? What a desperate attempt that was! Just frustrating that's all. Surely lowering the matchday prices would help? The other amenities must cover it? Not that I have any idea to be fair!
Formerly Watfordbee
iBee

1303 speaks wonders about the position we are in and the contempt that TK holds us all in.

The route cause of this issue is TK and it stems out to many different reasons.

1) The price of tickets, the price of food and the price of drinks. All well above the the level of service and quality you get back. Although, I am not sure many people will want to pay £10 to watch that drivel!
2) Always doing things in the cheap. I would love Rossi to be amazing for us but let's face it, that is not going to happen this time round. He needs to learns from someone that has been there and done it. It's too big a job for a novice is we have ambition to get promoted.
3) TK's fallout with Gambin's agent has lead to our bar being "rebranded". If Gambin's agent wanted to, he could have told him to see the season out and go on a few at the end of the season. He didn't, and managed to get a deal that earns BFC £120k+. TK has also not paid Gambin his part of the deal. Is it any wonder Ex players and agents a like don't want anything to do with us and also don't have a good word to say about us. He doesn't care what we think or want. It's all about him!

I think TK has done a lot of good things for our club...but then again so did Flashman before he nearly killed us.
BEEGONE

iBee wrote: 3) TK's fallout with Gambin's agent has lead to our bar being "rebranded".

I think TK has done a lot of good things for our club...but then again so did Flashman before he nearly killed us.
People are not staying away because of the name of a bar. :huh:
Anthony

BEEGONE wrote:
iBee wrote: 3) TK's fallout with Gambin's agent has lead to our bar being "rebranded".

People are not staying away because of the name of a bar. :huh:
Quite. And despite what people seem to think, memberships have been a success. We sold more for the first season at the hive than season tickets for the last season at Underhill.
Barnetchris

Well ok we've had a disappointing result but let's not go overboard.
Always plenty of negativity here after, but plain and simple we got 1300 today ( not good I admit) our average is about 1500-1600 there are 200-300 regulars on holiday and making it worse it was a bank holiday weekend,how many other people were we really expecting?.
As somebody has stated it's no different than normal.
Bee_Forever

No away fans, alot of bees fans on holiday. Granted the mausoleum was quiet but am sure things will pick up for the Hive game against Cambridge who bring a decent crowd.
becbee

We have a home match v AFC Wimbledon in the EFL Trophy before that. I guess that will make yesterday's attendance seem like a full house!
CrawleyBee

Barnetchris wrote:Well ok we've had a disappointing result but let's not go overboard.
Always plenty of negativity here after, but plain and simple we got 1300 today ( not good I admit) our average is about 1500-1600 there are 200-300 regulars on holiday and making it worse it was a bank holiday weekend,how many other people were we really expecting?.
As somebody has stated it's no different than normal.
I guess the bigger picture is can a team with a core support of 1600 ( which is being generous!) expect to challenge for promotion and sustain time in the league above? Only time will tell....
Formerly Watfordbee
MCB

becbee wrote:We have a home match v AFC Wimbledon in the EFL Trophy before that. I guess that will make yesterday's attendance seem like a full house!
I think I'm right that us and AFC Dons had the 2nd & 3rd lowest first round attendance last year with their fans actively boycotting.

This could be an incredible figure - 200?