Watson, Nicholls & Sweeney

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mem Beespod

Watson, Nicholls & Sweeney

What now for them? Looks like the clubs wasn't expecting them to leave yet they look destined for at least 5 months on the sidelines.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
jerroll

Re: Watson, Nicholls & Sweeney

loans or permanent moves to non league clubs still possible for them.
Masuka

Can they not still be sent away on loan to a conference club?
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Mem Beespod

If they want to play for them. Heard there was non league interest but no desire to drop down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Norfolkbee

Contracts can be mutually terminated at any time. I expect that to happen fairly shortly. The players then become free agents and can sign for any club. Surprised this hasn't happened already.
South_Belfast_Bee

Norfolkbee wrote:Contracts can be mutually terminated at any time. I expect that to happen fairly shortly. The players then become free agents and can sign for any club. Surprised this hasn't happened already.
I thought they had to be a free agent at the close of the window, in order to sign for another club? Otherwise clubs could get around the transfer window...
#Beebot

No transfer window in the NL, they can leave at any time. To be blunt, I can't see other L2 clubs wanting them anyway.
Norfolkbee

In many ways, I feel quite sorry for them, Sweeney in particular. Allen brought the others in and these things happen, but God knows how Sweeney came to pitch up, even as "one for the future". I still suspect the hand of Fairclough.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:Contracts can be mutually terminated at any time. I expect that to happen fairly shortly. The players then become free agents and can sign for any club. Surprised this hasn't happened already.
if under contract after window closes even if they become a free agent they can't sign for another club affected by the window!
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
if under contract after window closes even if they become a free agent they can't sign for another club affected by the window!
Ok, but I reckon it is only a matter of time before somebody challenges this in a court of law somewhere.
hoofer2

They could replace Rod, Jane and Freddie who are getting on a bit...
or even Mary, Mungo and Midge...
Last edited by hoofer2 on 01 Sep 2017, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
beew

Maidenhead will be looking for players, so wouldn't be surprised to see one of them leave as part of the deal.
pletch99

I think the problem is that in order for there to be a termination it does have to be mutual.

While I'm sure all three players want to play football, it is also their living. It only makes sense for a player to agree to a mutual termination, if he has something lined up or if continuing to be at the club is making them really unhappy. If the only options available are to drop down levels on a lot less money, you can understand why they might not be straining at the leash to get away.

While I'm sure the club would love to get all three off the wage bill, if it is only possible for the club to terminate by paying the full value of the contract there is no benefit to the club in doing so. If the player is not being disruptive to the rest of the squad where is the harm in keeping them in the squad. Who knows, we might get an injury crisis or change to a manager who rates them more highly than Rossi does. While it doesn't seem likely, that any of the three will feature in the near future, it wouldn't surprise me to see one or more of them back in the team at some stage.

In many ways the best option for all parties might be loans to lower league clubs - the players get to play and the club recoups at least some of the wages.

I don't think there is any question that the squad is bigger than ideal, but I can see why it is difficult to get players out.