Cambridge (Hive) The Shaqademical Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LoudmouthBFC

Re: Cambridge (Hive) The Shaqademical Match Thread

Just watched Rossi talk about injurers, he said john is still far off, but not too far ???? what does that even mean? either he will be back in a week or 3 months
wearebees

Sorry just listened to it again and you are right.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
BeesKnees

So do we think Santos is fit?
ninestein

I wonder whether Santos was making a meal of an injury just to help kill time last week?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Itai-bee

ninestein wrote:I wonder whether Santos was making a meal of an injury just to help kill time last week?
Don't think so.It did look quiet bad at the time.Also,we were 4-1 up in stoppage time when Santos was stretchered off.

There's a couple of good you tube videos of David Tarpey playing for Maidenhead.He looks like a real handful.Very good from free-kicks too.Scored a couple of scorchers.
becbee

ninestein wrote:I wonder whether Santos was making a meal of an injury just to help kill time last week?
What a horrible thing to say, it was clear at the time that he was in pain and couldn't get up.
The 4th official had already signalled 4 minutes injury time. We were 1-4 ahead. Do you really think Santos was thinking that Swindon might score 3 goals in the minimal time remaining ?
hoofer2

HE is a warrior and would not demean himself with such behaviour...
ninestein

becbee wrote:
What a horrible thing to say, it was clear at the time that he was in pain and couldn't get up.
The 4th official had already signalled 4 minutes injury time. We were 1-4 ahead. Do you really think Santos was thinking that Swindon might score 3 goals in the minimal time remaining ?
It may have been clear if you were there. Unfortunately I wasn't in the country to see it. Just making a suggestion. Other players do it...
Bee_Forever

There are some injuries which are very painful at the time but have a swift recovery period. The information coming out at the County Ground was that Santos was OK.

I miss the era of Liam Hatch where he would pick up an arm injury, a head injury and a leg injury but still play, and hurtle round the pitch like a mummy with bandages trailing behind him.
b4life

So which Barnet team will turn up at the Hive tomorrow? The swashbuckling, dynamic team against Swindon or the slightly clueless, impotent team against the Chavs? I can't make this one so it will probably be the former knowing my luck! With Tarpey in the team my concerns over Akinde's injury are lessened but I do hope that Tarpey gets on the score sheet tomorrow as it will do his and the team's confidence a world of good. How annoying would it be if it's still several weeks until we can get Tarpey and Akinde playing together though?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
ninestein

Tarpey will have had a full week training with the side. I'm looking forward to this.
I hope he opens his account quickly for us.
ETBee

I think this is a good test for the team as I've always considered Cambridge to be on a par with us. Anything but a good win and I'd be disappointed. The Us are not scoring many goals and I think our defence can handle them, assuming Santos is fit. We just need to be positive and Shaq to carry on where he left off at Swindon (and not waste time falling all over defenders) and Tarpey to get on the scoresheet. My Cambridge friends are pleased to see Nelson still playing and doing well.
Norfolk & Chance

Bee_Forever wrote:
I miss the era of Liam Hatch where he would pick up an arm injury, a head injury and a leg injury but still play, and hurtle round the pitch like a mummy with bandages trailing behind him.
On occasions Hatchy reminded me of Monty Python's Black Knight. Shouting ''Tis but a scratch.......'. as he dragged his bloody stump behind him.
Psycho

becbee wrote:
Ninestein never means to say anything nasty. I'm sure he thought it was possibly earlier in the match than injury time. Having met him he is an extremely nice person who brings his young daughter along and is a credit to our football club.

Chill, Becbee.
hoofer2

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:
On occasions Hatchy reminded me of Monty Python's Black Knight. Shouting ''Tis but a scratch.......'. as he dragged his bloody stump behind him.
I went to watch a West Ham vs Watford game and Stuart Pearce broke his leg. You could actually hear it go, yet he stood up straight away
and tried to continue playing. He had to be told by the physio etc. he is in no fit state to carry on. A warrior !