Re: Exeter (Hive) The Ex in the City Match Thread

Combined 31 shots! What a game !
northantsbee

bollocks 2-1 exeter
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Golf Delta

I knew they would score. The amount of times Exeter score in injury time is just crazy, they seemed to do it almost every game last season.
Last edited by Golf Delta on 12 Sep 2017, 21:00, edited 2 times in total.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
pgbee

northantsbee wrote:bollocks 2-1 exeter
The current injuries make us less able to close out games. Sounds like we,deserved,something out of this one.
John_c

We hung on for the last half hour. Can't really complain. We dropped back and let them come at us. Tiredness I suspect.

I was hoping they could hold on for the draw in the end. Ah well. Great to see Akinde back.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Psycho

barnetpete wrote:
Psycho wrote:I'm really looking forward to the start of the Champions League tonight - Roma v Atletico Madrid and checks on Celtic v Paris Saint Germain are my personal choices of all the matches.

A wet and windy Hive doesn't appeal to me especially with a slow journey home, being an 8pm kick-off and less trains leaving later from Victoria. So get your money on a Barnet win - the Bees are always successful when I don't watch them!

#armchairfan.
You're the mug :rofl:
Really? Enjoy your wet journey home. :D
pgbee

Two games coming up against sides that haven't started particularly well will be,a good measure of where we're at. This league is very close though.
Berlinbee

One of those rare times I reflect on a loss with a sense of optimism and positivity. Shades of Saturday in there tonight. There'll be a lot more from this team I reckon. Anything below 8th or 9th place would be an underachievement
Psycho

One clean sheet all season tells it's own story. We can't score two or three every game.
Last edited by Psycho on 12 Sep 2017, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Beesting

Once again we show our loser mentality and fold. How many times does this happen?

There is a cancer within this club that keeps us with this negative mind frame and it just doesn't seem to change.

Why did Rossi not make changes until they equalised? It needed changing 15 minutes earlier!

He was reactive rather than proactive and was hoping we'd cling on, well look what happened. By the time the subs come on Exeter had the bit between their teeth.

Rossi wants us to be the fittest team in the league and we were on our arse at the end against a team who have had two away games in 4 days and covered a lot of mileage.

Expect this to happen a lot more this season. I had 20 quid on Cambridge to go and get a draw against us on Saturday as I expected it then.
Barnetrob

Another strong performance tonight from the Bees and deserved a point at least. Well on top for much of the game but as has been said cannot understand Rossi waiting that long to freshen things up. That apart, plenty to like and much to look forward to this season. Great to see Big John back tonight too.
ninestein

Until 60 mins we were toying with them but couldn't find the killer 2nd goal. Exeter then made a change and put Hirem Boeteng in midfield. After that they saw more of the ball. Ross made a couple of excellent saves.

A poor pass by Jack led to tbe first. Shame because he'd played so well. He just looked knackered. John looked short of fitness but at least he managed to blow the cobwebs out for 20 mins. He did win us a couple of corners. The free kick we gave away at the end you knew what was coming. It was a good delivery in and once again it's a loose ball in tbe box.

Overall we didn't deserve to lose that. Some of the football we have played over the past 4 days has been excellent. A bit of game management let us down tonight.
Last edited by ninestein on 12 Sep 2017, 21:12, edited 2 times in total.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Psycho

foxy wrote:An overnight stay in Carlisle for the team would be far more important in my eyes
Surely you can afford to pay for the whole team and management's hotel bill?
John_c

Beesting wrote:Once again we show our loser mentality and fold. How many times does this happen?

There is a cancer within this club that keeps us with this negative mind frame and it just doesn't seem to change.

Why did Rossi not make changes until they equalised? It needed changing 15 minutes earlier!

He was reactive rather than proactive and was hoping we'd cling on, well look what happened. By the time the subs come on Exeter had the bit between their teeth.

Rossi wants us to be the fittest team in the league and we were on our arse at the end against a team who have had two away games in 4 days and covered a lot of mileage.

Expect this to happen a lot more this season. I had 20 quid on Cambridge to go and get a draw against us on Saturday as I expected it then.
Do behave. Calm down and get some sleep.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player