Exeter (Hive) The Ex in the City Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BigBee

Re: Exeter (Hive) The Ex in the City Match Thread

ah, had it's a curse I tell EE it's a curse.
( to be spoken like a pirate )
BigBee

Predictive text is stupid.

Should read.

Ah, hah, it's a curse I tell ee, it's a curse
ninestein

Tarpey originally picked up his knock on the East side, but by the time he tried to run it off, he ended up out on the West.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
LoudmouthBFC

Barnet F.C. 1 v Exeter City F.C. 2 | Invited pressure & ran out of steam | (12/09/17) Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--J3dRA9jNk
dawat

Is it just me, but I never understand how a free kick floated into our penalty area isn't a dead cert header for our defenders. The angle doesn't really suit the attacking forward and the defender can see the ball all the way and even usually has time to adjust his position if need be.
BigBee

dawat wrote:Is it just me, but I never understand how a free kick floated into our penalty area isn't a dead cert header for our defenders. The angle doesn't really suit the attacking forward and the defender can see the ball all the way and even usually has time to adjust his position if need be.
If you watch the highlights you will see that it was Akinde in front of their player who won the header and J A did not jump or was impeded in some way.
letchbee94

Played so well last night, was gutting to lose in last minute, having said that playing well does not always guarantee 3 points.
Mickbee

A young team and a young manager, I'm sure they will have learnt fron last night. More than happy with things so far.
Jimbokav1971

X-Bumble wrote:I listened to the commentary, and then watched the game on ifollow. The guys on the commentary made an excellent point, and after watching the game I wholeheartedly agree with them :- We are playing youngsters, and a side effect of that is that they will make silly mistakes. Whether that is a mis-timed tackle, or bad passes.

Taylor (J) was making some poor decisions, and it cost us the first goal. His confidence was then shot after getting bollockings from Nelson (rightly so in my opinion, as that is how he will learn).

Both goals were given away by silly errors from our players, but that is the by-product of playing young players.

I thought we were good value, and if those silly mistakes had not taken place we would have won the game. I believe Rossi's main job over the coming days is in man management rather than tactics. Leave the tactics to Armstrong for a day or two and look after the young lads and help them learn rather than shrink back into lack if confidence.

We have some excellent players, who in my opinion should already be playing at a higher level and I think that we forget that they are so young.
Good post. Harry looked upset with himself when coming off.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
JWTBee

Jimbokav1971 wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:I listened to the commentary, and then watched the game on ifollow. The guys on the commentary made an excellent point, and after watching the game I wholeheartedly agree with them :- We are playing youngsters, and a side effect of that is that they will make silly mistakes. Whether that is a mis-timed tackle, or bad passes.

Taylor (J) was making some poor decisions, and it cost us the first goal. His confidence was then shot after getting bollockings from Nelson (rightly so in my opinion, as that is how he will learn).

Both goals were given away by silly errors from our players, but that is the by-product of playing young players.

I thought we were good value, and if those silly mistakes had not taken place we would have won the game. I believe Rossi's main job over the coming days is in man management rather than tactics. Leave the tactics to Armstrong for a day or two and look after the young lads and help them learn rather than shrink back into lack if confidence.

We have some excellent players, who in my opinion should already be playing at a higher level and I think that we forget that they are so young.
Do you mean Jack?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Jimbokav1971

JWTBee wrote:
Jimbokav1971 wrote:

Do you mean Jack?
Yes. Sorry.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
NorthFinchleyBee

Very late (it's almost the next game) comment on the game. Crazy week at work. Some silly mistakes cost us the game on Tuesday but generally speaking, I thought it was a bloody gutsy and at time enormously skillful game, with Barnet showing some wonderful moments of style and flair alongside some really gutsy tackling and defending. Sounds a bit twee, but I was really proud to be a Bee's fan on Tuesday. The lads were clearly gutted and angry with themselves, deserved a draw or probably the win, but Exeter and Paul Tisdale are experienced and could bring on experienced subs, whereas we were struggling with injuries. I feel sorry for Jack (he was clearly gutted with himself), but he's only 19, and lots of talent there. The response the players got when they came over to the West Stand was very positive, and it's some of the best singing I've heard at Barnet by the fans. It didn't feel like 1600 odd fans but many more.

I also thought the ref was enormously average, but who'd be a League 2 referee, it's a thankless task I guess..

If we play like that, and put that kind of effort in, we will be a League One team next season. There's a prediction!

COYB!
LoudmouthBFC

I'M UP I'VE HAD TWO CANS OF REDBULL LET'S FUCKING HAVE IT, COME ON BARNET.
LoudmouthBFC

Just seen iv posted in the wrong chat. Wow
beew

Let's hope your on the M1, M6 and not the M4,M5.