Pecking Order

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
eastbarnetsupporter

Re: Pecking Order

As someone who works in marketing, I think Barnet are missing a trick here.

In a world where we want the full package at a affordable price, why not sell a package with includes the match day ticket, a pre-match meal at Pecking Order and a drink voucher for HT/or FT.

Sounds like a cinema combo meal, and that's because it is. We love chicken and we love some footy. Include the whole package for £35 for the West stand, saving yourself about £4 if bought individually (Adult prices)

It's basically like a cheap hospitality package for the masses, without the 'prawn sandwich' feel that comes with the more executive packages. This could work well with the younger demographics who are obsessed with chicken.

Food for thought, Literally.
barnet_pls

I think l saw them try this for a London Bees match where you were buying a ticket for the match and a meal for £15 together or whatever it was, l thought it was a good idea, but maybe it didn't sell enough to repeat at a Barnet match?
LadyBee

The thing is, it's always very busy in Pecking Order on matchdays, so they don't need to give discounts.
Masuka

Never have and never will bother with Pecking Order. Rotisserie chicken and football doesn't work for me. I'm a beer and half time burger man, so don't have an opinion on the problems mentioned with the chicken shop.

However I do use the Graz bar every game and I can not understand why lagers are not pre-poured. You just need one person in the corner pouring pints and laying them out ready for bar staff to pick up. Saves time and makes more money.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
ninestein

Or if you are in a group that regularly has a drink together at HT, take pre-orders before the match. Less waiting around in a short 15 min timeframe. The bar staff have 45mins to prepare the drinks without being rushed off their feet.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Jimbokav1971

ninestein wrote:Or if you are in a group that regularly has a drink together at HT, take pre-orders before the match. Less waiting around in a short 15 min timeframe. The bar staff have 45mins to prepare the drinks without being rushed off their feet.
Especially with the way technology has advanced in recent years, this is a no-brainer.

Create an ap. Link it into membership. Pre-pay when you order. It saves time all-round.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
BeesKnees

I had high hopes for the membership. When we moved I assumed part of the reason for the switch was so add ons like the car parking could be added\automated. Then the app came along for ordering food and I thought great they've got a plan to extend it, but then it disappeared.

I think it's a shame. Add ons or the ability to pre-order through your membership things like a program, beer and burger would've been a real plus and could've taken the pressure off at half time.

Imagine if you had an app where these add ons could be selected in advance and were confirmed when you go through the turnstile.
JWTBee

BeesKnees wrote:I had high hopes for the membership. When we moved I assumed part of the reason for the switch was so add ons like the car parking could be added\automated. Then the app came along for ordering food and I thought great they've got a plan to extend it, but then it disappeared.

I think it's a shame. Add ons or the ability to pre-order through your membership things like a program, beer and burger would've been a real plus and could've taken the pressure off at half time.

Imagine if you had an app where these add ons could be selected in advance and were confirmed when you go through the turnstile.
Far too sophisticated! But it would be great!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
becbee

I don't profess to know anything about catering, however West End theatres take pre-orders for drinks at the interval in order to save time so presumably we could do that. It would give the bar staff something to do whilst the first half is in play and certainly encourage more sales.

It might even reduce the numbers of people going off to the bar from 40 minutes onwards and blocking the views for the rest of us!
pgbee

Yesterday I witnessed the following : presumably someone ordered a lager top in PO. A full pint was poured, froth tipped away in the sink, lemonade added, more froth tipped away, topped up with more lager!! A fair amount of wastage...
Last edited by pgbee on 24 Sep 2017, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reckless

pgbee wrote:Yesterday I witnessed the following, presumably someone ordered a lager top in PO. A full pint was poured, froth tipped away in the sink, lemonade added, more froth tipped away, topped up with more lager!! A fair amount of wastage...
That was me....a little bizarre.
One of our band of brothers left about 1/4 pint on Kleandos Bar and a staff knocked it over. They apologised and my chum said "Ok no worries just pour me a 1/2 to cover it". They served him a fresh pint! Might try that one that when I'm not driving!
Jimbokav1971

Reckless wrote:
pgbee wrote:Yesterday I witnessed the following, presumably someone ordered a lager top in PO. A full pint was poured, froth tipped away in the sink, lemonade added, more froth tipped away, topped up with more lager!! A fair amount of wastage...
One of our band of brothers left about 1/4 pint on Kleandos Bar and a staff knocked it over. They apologised and my chum said "Ok no worries just pour me a 1/2 to cover it". They served him a fresh pint! Might try that one that when I'm not driving!
That's not a negative.

If the barmaid/barman knocked it over, then as a boss I would want them to replace it. It doesn't matter how much was left in the glass. It's about turning a negative experience into a positive one and that that is worth far more than the cost of the pint.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Reckless

Thanks for that.
pgbee

Jimbokav1971 wrote:
Reckless wrote:
That's not a negative.

If the barmaid/barman knocked it over, then as a boss I would want them to replace it. It doesn't matter how much was left in the glass. It's about turning a negative experience into a positive one and that that is worth far more than the cost of the pint.
I didn't know the background, just thought it was a unique way of doing a lager top..
barnet_pls

Just seen on the London Bees tickets that they offer a "deluxe" ticket £15 includes adult entry and a Pecking Order meal...