Carlisle (Away) The Scotch Tape Reinforced Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Carlisle (Away) The Scotch Tape Reinforced Match Thread

mcleod23 wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:So gutting to concede late on after being ahead in game for so long, made the journey home feel a lot longer.

Looked good going forward but they was first to headers when we defending set pieces/ throw ins.

Credit to Ross for his save near the end with header from Carlisle player and Nelson with his last ditch tackle when the Carlisle player looked liked he was through.
Agree with the above, he's always done ok for us. Clinical strikes last season at Cambridge and Yeovil shows the guy has got a bit of nous. Get him back involved.
Nicholls has not 'always done ok' for us. There's a reason why he and Watson fell out of favour.
LoudmouthBFC

letchbee94 wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Sorry it's late I was almost coming back from Scotland

Carlisle United F.C. 1 v Barnet F.C. 1 | Running on empty | (16/09/17) Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRb45ehaZw
8.58 train? You wished.... we was on 7.30am from Euston Matt

Shit you are right, I was meant to say the 5:58am as we was meant to get that at 1st from my station, never mind
Bee_Forever

Just about recovered from Carlisle, sufficiently to post my views. On reflection not particularly proud of my posting on the facebook group but was in the wake of a bitterly disappointing throwing away of points.

Having had a chance to calm down and decompress after 17 hours on the road, I think a point at Carlisle with a knackered, decimated squad is not bad at all. The frustration is that for 60 minutes we played them off the park then fitness and substitutes told (copied and pasted from Exeter).
kingpinfid

It would be helpful if the club could publish an injury update prior to our next match. Although the way things are going, it could end up being longer than War and Peace.
canadabee

Jimbokav1971 wrote:I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how far we allowed the GK to come with the ball before delivering it to their goal-scorer Miller. Forget absolutely everything else, if Big John closes him down earlier, the ball doesn't even get to the edge of our box. Really poor.

Just watched the highlights and thought the same thing. Why would you allow their keeper to come so far up the pitch, if he closes him down and stops the ball getting in the pen. area we win the game.
canadabee

Jimbokav1971 wrote:I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how far we allowed the GK to come with the ball before delivering it to their goal-scorer Miller. Forget absolutely everything else, if Big John closes him down earlier, the ball doesn't even get to the edge of our box. Really poor.

Just watched the highlights and thought the same thing. Why would you allow their keeper to come so far up the pitch, if he closes him down and stops the ball getting in the pen. area we win the game.
dpa

Remembering this was the 85th minute and for most of the 2nd half we were falling further an further back. There was no real closing down happening in the 2nd half from us. We looked tired. Had the game gone on a few more minutes I would have expected them to win it. They also had one cleared off the line and Ross pulled off two good saves in the last 10 mins.

When the players came over at the end to applaud the fans, the team looked shattered (and very downbeat). Hope they have a few days rest this week. Looked like they need it.

On a separate matter, popped into the Beehive Pub before the game (next door to the ground). Lovely little pub. Footie on TV. No hassle from the locals although I wasn't wearing any colours. Sampled the local Ale - couldn't find a mild I liked, which was probably the worst part of the day (apart from the cancelled connecting train @ MK).
hoofer2

kingpinfid wrote:It would be helpful if the club could publish an injury update prior to our next match. Although the way things are going, it could end up being longer than War and Peace.
Perhaps they will list the players who aren't carrying injuries instead.

At this rate we will need a conveyor belt through the MRI scanner.