Mansfield (Hive) The Wingless Bee Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

Re: Mansfield (Hive) The Wingless Bee Match Thread

Mauro is right footed?!!! And please not Harry Taylor at RWB. Moved on from him now, Mauro was class there tonight.

In answer to above thread, Shaq looked fine injury wise. Wouldn’t have known was out injured. Looked sharp. Good job we have him otherwise we’d even more in the shit.

Doesn’t do much all game and then pops up with the goal. Sign of a goal scorer.
letchbee94

Poor game but at least we got a draw out of it.
Nice for Shaq to get a goal on his return.
Poor attendance 1262 with 223 away, so just over 1000 Barnet fans, and I thought people stayed away because of Underhill.
Masuka

Poor turn out may have something to do with people like me who couldn’t get out of work in time and others who simply couldnt be arsed to watch Barnet on a tuesday night
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
mcleod23

Very poor crowd, people want to watch winning football. Our league position doesn’t make the floating fan want to come. It’s painful viewing currently.
letchbee94

mcleod23 wrote:Very poor crowd, people want to watch winning football. Our league position doesn’t make the floating fan want to come. It’s painful viewing currently.
Agree.
hoofer2

Masuka wrote:Poor turn out may have something to do with people like me who couldn’t get out of work in time and others who simply couldnt be arsed to watch Barnet on a tuesday night
I was taking my cub pack night time Geocaching
LeftSideRun

mcleod23 wrote:Mauro is right footed?!!! And please not Harry Taylor at RWB. Moved on from him now, Mauro was class there tonight.

In answer to above thread, Shaq looked fine injury wise. Wouldn’t have known was out injured. Looked sharp. Good job we have him otherwise we’d even more in the shit.

Doesn’t do much all game and then pops up with the goal. Sign of a goal scorer.
Mauro offers loads more than Harry at RWB. Has to be first choice there. That said, Santos whipped in the best cross of the night from the right. One from Tutonda in the first half across the face of goal just needed a touch to be a goal but our forwards hadn't gambled.
DerekRocholl

Milkfloat wrote:Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We have several players who will be coming back from injury soon plus we still have not played that many teams in the bottom half. Looking forward, in particular, to seeing Shaq and Big John playing together. Could be as good as Bull and Carter. Mansfield were expected to be the team to beat in League Two so not a bad result today. We should be well clear of the bottom - possibly even mid table.
Disappointing that we didn’t get all 3 points today. There isn’t much missing from this team being able to trounce teams like Mansfield and what is missing is undoubtably in the squad and coming back from injury. I would not be surprised at all if we are in the hunt for a play off spot come March.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 17 Oct 2017, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Masuka

Also dont forget it was a huge night in the Champo league which will have caused a lot of floating fans to stay at home
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
DerekRocholl

Masuka wrote:Also dont forget it was a huge night in the Champo league which will have caused a lot of floating fans to stay at home
However you look at it 1000 home Supporters for a League game at this point of the season is really poor. The Club obviously knew it was going to be dire because they scaled back on all fronts. Neither tea huts nor toilet blocks were open in the South Stamd and they didn’t even turn on the hot water boilers in the tea hut in the West.
beew

rudebwoyben wrote:
chesbee wrote:
Mickbee wrote::grrr: 7.10pm in the Legends Bar. One till open and if you want a hot drink from the refreshment booth forget it the hot water urn is fucked. What a fucking joke.
It's embarrassing, staff behind counter look completely out of their depth
It is a complete balagan. The card reader didn’t work in there, which meant that I didn’t spend any money in the bar in the end.
Yes, another shambles in Legends. Compete chaos with people waiting an age to get served and then when they finally did, there wasn't anyone to take their money. I never understood the concept of a freehouse but after tonight I think I've finally got it!
Masuka

Shambles is an understatement. That bar made a heavy loss tonight. Not only because the card readers didn't work, but also I've heard from a number of people that they were charging way under the correct prices or not charging for some drinks at all. Complete failure.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
ninestein

And yet over in Pecking Order before the game i experienced a really nice meal with quick service. I'm not fussed about trying to cram buying a drink and downing it into a 15 minute window at half time. But if we are to make this experience better for those that do, i really think we should look into offering a half time pre-order service. Was chatting with one of the chaps after the game in Legends bar and he also believes this is the way forward.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Stingtastic

Masuka wrote:Shambles is an understatement. That bar made a heavy loss tonight. Not only because the card readers didn't work, but also I've heard from a number of people that they were charging way under the correct prices or not charging for some drinks at all. Complete failure.
I gave up after a long wait. Had planned to order a burger, fries and a Theakston XB so probably circa £10-£14. Not much on it's own but when put together with other lost revenue it probably added up to quite a lot of lost income.
ealingbee84

Not neccessarily a pre-order but pull x amount of pints on an estimate of how much has been sold at other games and attendance. A couple of pints may go to waste but one thing that always put me off was that unless I went to the bar before half time I wouldn;t get served for ages. I stopped bothering.
As Stingtastic puts it, 1 pint not being sold may not sound much but if it leads to 20-30 less being sold per game (plus food etc) you lose a fair amount over the season. It also helps towards there being a less fun match day experience, lowering ticket sales.