Accrington (Away) The Flat Stanley Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeeBoi1980

Re: Accrington (Away) The Flat Stanley Match Thread

dawat wrote:Just repeating myself again guys! Two of the injuries were known to be season long and others were more serious than either appreciated or revealed. What did we do about the situation? Sit back and console ourselves that our decline was inevitable and that nothing would happen until our injured players returned. Try running a business like that and see how long you'd keep trading!
We signed Blackman to replace Elliot and Tarpey was injured after the window closed. Not sure what else we were supposed to do?
finchleyman

Stop panicking everyone. There is plenty of time yet and I think we have to all accept that we are not going to set League 2 alight this season so the main thing is to remain safe. I can remember a time when we were more or less top of the league at Christmas and were relegated in the same season so the reverse can happen! Let us give Rossi until the New Year.

Although I am not a great fan of TK, he does love the football club and for people to be questioning his motives is totally out of order.
Psycho

beeman wrote:
Psycho wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:That's it. I'm boycotting matches until changes are made.

Pay TK's outrageous prices to see park football? I'll stay in, thanks.

Swindon/Cambridge games seem a distant memory now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Careful.

You won't be called a true supporter by Bore Forever for having the gall not to spunk loads of money every week.

Where was he today? Oh yes, Portugal.
Grow up "psycho" what bee forever or anyone else for that matter does with the money that they have earnt is none of your business.
You're just annoyed because I keep betting on Barnet to lose and I'm winning. Tosspot.
#Beebot

finchleyman wrote:Stop panicking everyone. There is plenty of time yet and I think we have to all accept that we are not going to set League 2 alight this season so the main thing is to remain safe. I can remember a time when we were more or less top of the league at Christmas and were relegated in the same season so the reverse can happen! Let us give Rossi until the New Year.

Although I am not a great fan of TK, he does love the football club and for people to be questioning his motives is totally out of order.
Agree the main priority now is to stay up. I don't think we can arbitrarily set Christmas as a cut off point. We could be way adrift by then. Big decisions need to be made soon.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
let_it_bee

I don't doubt that Rossi is a nice bloke & talented coach, but I'm really struggling to see how he can pull this round. How is he going to motivate the current available crop of players into getting a result in 2 weeks time? From the evidence of his interviews he seems a bit monotone in personality and running out of ideas. I've no wish to see anyone lose their job, but sometimes circumstances conspire to make that an unavoidable necessity.
LoudmouthBFC

Accrington Stanley F.C. 4 v Barnet F.C. 1 | EMBARRASSING!!!! | (28/10/17) Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4_4k4rofI
pletch99

I think Rossi has been very unlucky - not only has he had to deal with the worst injury list anyone can remember, but some of the senior players left to him have under performed. I think one thing that has been overlooked on here is the decline in Nelson's form since last year. He just hasn't been as reliable as last year - he reads the game really well, but all to often he has taken a poor first touch this year. Last year he anticipated well, his touch taking balls out of the air or away from the opposition was excellent and his clearances generally got the ball out of danger. This year his anticipation is still good, but there have been a lot of poor touches trying to take the ball out of the air, he's started to lose headers to opposition forwards and there have been a LOT of sliced clearances. It could be confidence or it could be that he is decline. With older players it's always difficult to tell in advance when they will go from valuable older heads to liability. Now I don't think Nelson is quite in the latter state yet - but he's not been as steady as last year at a time when Rossi has very few senior players available to him. I would also say JCR has underperformed at times - not a lot of leadership for a young and struggling team.
antbfc

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Accrington Stanley F.C. 4 v Barnet F.C. 1 | EMBARRASSING!!!! | (28/10/17) Matchday Vlog

Good Vlog, think the majority share your frustration. This just isn't working.

IMHO a change is needed, we are getting worse and I believe RE has lost the dressing room.
dawat

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Accrington Stanley F.C. 4 v Barnet F.C. 1 | EMBARRASSING!!!! | (28/10/17) Matchday Vlog

Once again Mat, I totally agree with you! Personally I am fed up with the longest injury list in history saga. Of course it may be true, but its been an open secret for long enough to have done something about it, whereas next to nothing has been done. We have effectively written off 30 to 40% of this season points-wise in the unproven belief that we will rocket up the league once our injured players return. Well let's hope that belief is justified as otherwise the only topic to discuss during the rest of this season is who else is joining us in dropping to the National League.
Guiseleybee

Norfolkbee wrote:People have expressed surprise and despair that I wouldn't want MA back, but personally, if the change comes, I want a completely new broom to take the team by the scruff of the neck and sort things out dispassionately. Allen and Fairclough should be remembered for what they did in the past, but they are not the future.
Rossi has had it tough with injuries and perhaps under other circumstances he would've succeeded, but right now he is floundering out of his depth and, barring a miracle, won't cling on for more than a couple of matches.
Any replacement must not be a fire-fighter or a short-term fix, but somebody capable of progressing us into the top half of the table this season ready for a proper crack at promotion next season, providing the same funds are available to him as were to Rossi.
I can't understand why anyone would seriously suggest we get Martin back in. Yes as you say he's been part of some great moments in the past but when he left we were stale.

I will be absolutely furious if we bring Mad dog back yet again. There are so many other options out there, we would be a complete laughing stock to go back with him yet again.
adher36

The thing is, if all the injured players were miraculously passed fit tomorrow, we would rocket up the league upon their return. Injuries have killed the club and any chances of pushing for promotion, despite the Chairman and Manager's best efforts to avoid the slump.

Alas, there is no such things as miracles and the team just has to continue with that they've got. It is a crying shame that this season has gone to pot, purely due to bad luck.
hoppy

adher36 wrote:The thing is, if all the injured players were miraculously passed fit tomorrow, we would rocket up the league upon their return. Injuries have killed the club and any chances of pushing for promotion, despite the Chairman and Manager's best efforts to avoid the slump.

Alas, there is no such things as miracles and the team just has to continue with that they've got. It is a crying shame that this season has gone to pot, purely due to bad luck.
Bad luck? Good luck?
I believe that you make your own luck.
#Beebot

adher36 wrote:The thing is, if all the injured players were miraculously passed fit tomorrow, we would rocket up the league upon their return.
There is simply no guarantee of this at all. Look at how Nugent got on with a fit squad.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
becbee

Nobody could possibly dispute that we have a massive injury crisis. However that's been the situation all season. Earlier in the season we won at Peterborough, Swindon, home to Luton, Cambridge. We did well at Brighton. We had virtually the same injury situation then.

Rossi and the players have to believe that they can win. After yesterday I'm wondering whether they do.

I don't want to come across as a pessimist but the rot has to stop soon or we'll find ourselves too far afield to save our season.
Bee_Forever

Yes we have a massive injury crisis but in part one of our own making.

It cannot be a coincidence that Weston, Akinde and Coulthirst all were injured again in their 2nd game back from previous injury and all three with muscular injuries. Our medical teams assessment of risk of reinjury would seem to be extremely lacking.

Either that or we are taking dangerous
risks with players fitness due to the desperate situation we find ourself in.

We cannot wait til the injured players return and hope things get better then. Tarpey and Johnson are out for the season Brindley for more than two months and we have no date of return for the other 3.

The transfer window cannot come soon enough. The trouble is I have little confidence in us signing the right players and even less confidence in our medical team's ability to keep them fit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk