Underhill

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees

Re: Underhill

becbee wrote:Obviously Underhill had more character than The Hive, just as many quaint non league grounds have more character than soulless new stadia. However IMO, The Hive has more character than a lot of new grounds, maybe because it is quite open compared to many.
The new development is going to change that. Until I looked at the plans this lunchtime I hadn't realised by how much.
WinchyBee

pgbee

WinchyBee wrote:https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... V3RXpYQi1n

Photos of Underhill today..
Sad to see , although good to see one person in attendance still , nearly as many as THL on match days.....:-)
MCB

I was under the impression that the Underhill South Stand was a revolutionary new build that worked like lego and could be taken down easily and moved. I'm not saying it should go to Hadley (due to repulsive suits their supporters wear) but surely it's got more value than the stand we flogged to Exeter and could go somewhere (Wealdstone?).
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:

I was under the impression that the Underhill South Stand was a revolutionary new build that worked like lego and could be taken down easily and moved. I'm not saying it should go to Hadley (due to repulsive suits their supporters wear) but surely it's got more value than the stand we flogged to Exeter and could go somewhere (Wealdstone?).
What stand did TK flog to Exeter ?
_ABeeSee_

How awful. The pictures from on the pitch immediately bring back two vivid memories... relegation against Torquay, and promotion against Halifax.

Incidentally, how did you get in to take the photos? Is it just a case of turning up at the right time and hoping security let you in?
We're gonna piss this tin pot league
jerroll

Hiveoccupier wrote:
MCB wrote:

The North terrace from The Hive London
WinchyBee

_ABeeSee_ wrote:How awful. The pictures from on the pitch immediately bring back two vivid memories... relegation against Torquay, and promotion against Halifax.

Incidentally, how did you get in to take the photos? Is it just a case of turning up at the right time and hoping security let you in?
A friend's Dad sent them to me! Not too sure how they got in though :cold:
DerekRocholl

jerroll wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
MCB wrote:

The North terrace from The Hive London
Thanks.
ninestein

From what I understand, it's the roof part of the North Terrace stand that Exeter will be using. Maybe they will be installing some seating underneath?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
DerekRocholl

WinchyBee wrote:
_ABeeSee_ wrote:How awful. The pictures from on the pitch immediately bring back two vivid memories... relegation against Torquay, and promotion against Halifax.

A friend's Dad sent them to me! Not too sure how they got in though :cold:

Gerry Bates and Gary Cooper went to Underhill yesterday by arrangement with Ark to see if there is anything that is worth salvaging and perhaps selling or auctioning as memorabilia to raise funds for some form of memorial to Barnet FC and its supporters on the site of the old stadium. I

If and when they are able to secure any items for this purpose next steps will be communicated through this forum.
RichardM

MCB wrote:

I may be wrong but surely Tony Kleanthous has no say in what happens to the south stand at Underhill having sold the site 2 years ago.
MCB

Hiveoccupier wrote: Gerry Bates and Gary Cooper went to Underhill yesterday by arrangement with Ark to see if there is anything that is worth salvaging and perhaps selling or auctioning as memorabilia to raise funds for some form of memorial to Barnet FC and its supporters on the site of the old stadium. I

If and when they are able to secure any items for this purpose next steps will be communicated through this forum.
What a good idea. Have Ark been broadly supportive?

Also if anyone hears back from the auctioneers do let the forum know...
barnetpete

RichardM wrote:
MCB wrote:

I may be wrong but surely Tony Kleanthous has no say in what happens to the south stand at Underhill having sold the site 2 years ago.

Would depend on the terms of the agreement (for example the fact the hive now has the bandstand) but the recent tweets from a third party would suggest he no longer has any control over the items within the ground.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
MCB

As you say, without knowing the terms it's impossible to say. We obviously had an agreement to take the Colin Montgomery, or any other removable stands / items as part of the deal.

Am suprised by the South not going anywhere as relatively new and would improve many a ground.