U23 match v Luton

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

U23 match v Luton

The game which was played on Tuesday seems to have gone right under the radar.
Apart from the result (0 1 defeat) we have been told nothing.
Does anyone know what our line-up was?
Did anyone go and watch it (I didn't even know it was scheduled until late on the Tuesday morning -1pm kick off, so too late to get there).
There was virtually no mention on Twitter, apart from half-time score and final result.
No report on the web site.
Yet the u18s get full publicity, Twitter feeds, interview with Danny Senda, report.
Did the u23 game actually happen? Or has Fake News arrived at The Hive?
jerroll

Re: U23 match v Luton

hoppy wrote:The game which was played on Tuesday seems to have gone right under the radar.
Did anyone go and watch it (I didn't even know it was scheduled until late on the Tuesday morning -1pm kick off, so too late to get there).
There was virtually no mention on Twitter, apart from half-time score and final result.
Yet the u18s get full publicity, Twitter feeds, interview with Danny Senda, report.
The Fa youth cup has been the only time any focus has been placed on the under 18's, their league matches are barely acknowledged - fa youth cup far more significant than a friendly on a field.
hoppy

jerroll wrote:
hoppy wrote:The game which was played on Tuesday seems to have gone right under the radar.
The Fa youth cup has been the only time any focus has been placed on the under 18's, their league matches are barely acknowledged - fa youth cup far more significant than a friendly on a field.
I'm not disputing that, Jerrol, far from it. I wish the u18s would get more publicity than they do.
It's just that I'm intrigued to know who played in our u23 game.
barnet34

was a dour match with both defences well on top, however Luton created the only meaningful chances and deserved the win. Sweeney played, and most of the young fringe players.
hoppy

barnet34 wrote:was a dour match with both defences well on top, however Luton created the only meaningful chances and deserved the win. Sweeney played, and most of the young fringe players.
Thanks barnet34
mcleod23

Luton played a lot of first teamers and bench players. Jonathan Douglas also lined up for them I believe trying to earn a contract.
hoppy

I was sort of hoping Curtis might have featured for us.
dawat

hoppy wrote:I was sort of hoping Curtis might have featured for us.
Would that have been as a 'Calais'under 23 player? :P :whistle: :D :laugh: :nonono: