Promised much but disappointed

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Promised much but disappointed

I loved Yanick Bolasie's stay with us too. An unknown on loan to us who regularly set Underhill alight with his pace and goals.
Reckless

BEEGONE wrote:Dwane Lee.
Mate, with respect that's bollox :-)
Mem Beespod

Norfolkbee wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Really?!!
I'd hardly say that he failed to deliver.
Lee was an unsung hero of the Conference winning season. He absolutely ran the show when we won at Carlisle apart from scoring goal that knocked the stuffing out of them. His few games the following season were promising - notably a Cheltenham when he also scored a vital goal.
I think everybody knows why he left, which could've been avoided if PF had put his foot down and told all concerned to "get over it and get on with doing what you're paid to do".
We've all had to work with people we can't stand and footballers are no different (Messrs Sheringham and Cole to name but two).
This ^^^

Dwane and I have a mutual friend and I'm trying to pin him down for an interview with Beespod.

A Dwane Lee type would be perfect for this team. A big guy that can play and can put his foot in
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
hoofer2

Norfolkbee wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Really?!!
Lee was an unsung hero of the Conference winning season. He absolutely ran the show when we won at Carlisle apart from scoring goal that knocked the stuffing out of them. His few games the following season were promising - notably a Cheltenham when he also scored a vital goal.
I think everybody knows why he left, which could've been avoided if PF had put his foot down and told all concerned to "get over it and get on with doing what you're paid to do".
We've all had to work with people we can't stand and footballers are no different (Messrs Sheringham and Cole to name but two).
One of my favourite Bees goals is when he stole the ball from Notts County (or one of the other teams in black and white) keeper, after hiding next to goal behind keeper. As keeper put ball down and prepared kick, Lee sneaked in for a tap in.
ninestein

Costas Constantinou
And what about that John Cosgrove fella we apparently signed in the late 90's...?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolkbee

Lee was known as Casual D, but he only looked languid on the ball because to make time and pick his pass. Oh for someone in today's squad who is capable of doing that. Haven't had anyone like it since Luisma.
MCB

hoofer2 wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Really?!!
One of my favourite Bees goals is when he stole the ball from Notts County (or one of the other teams in black and white) keeper, after hiding next to goal behind keeper. As keeper put ball down and prepared kick, Lee sneaked in for a tap in.
Was that not vs Farnborough - their keepers a young bloke on loan from QPR - our very own Jake Cole? 9-0 or something with the march up Barnet hill afterwards.
Tuesds

MCB wrote:
Was that not vs Farnborough - their keepers a young bloke on loan from QPR - our very own Jake Cole? 9-0 or something with the march up Barnet hill afterwards.
The Farnborough one did indeed involve a young Jake Cole, but the scorer in that case was Grazioli. The Dwane Lee one was in the following season, and came in a 2-1 win over Rushden and Diamonds in the autumn..
Barnetchris

I didn’t know much about Dave Regis when he arrived, but wow really enjoyed watching him, his strength and pace were great, scored quite a few goals aswell.
letchbee94

Danny Brown, started of so well for us.
MCB

letchbee94 wrote:Danny Brown, started of so well for us.
What an enigma he was. Hell of a left foot. Wasn't he due to sign for a top club and messed up badly? He was so awful in some games. So, so awful, in a so so awful team, such a shame as he talent to burn.
hoofer2

The way he ended up playing, he looked as if he was playing with an injury. Elliot Johnson also seemed to have this the season before last - i.e. seemed to struggle for pace.
Norfolkbee

hoofer2 wrote:
The way he ended up playing, he looked as if he was playing with an injury. Elliot Johnson also seemed to have this the season before last - i.e. seemed to struggle for pace.
Danny Brown could ghost past anybody but Ronald McDonald.
Yachtsman

Norfolkbee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
Danny Brown could ghost past anybody but Ronald McDonald.
I came across Danny at a motorway services when he was playing for Crawley and, to be fair, he was eating a bowl of pasta. Whether or not he'd already been to Burger King, I couldn't say.
JohnH
becbee

I remember people on here being very pleased when we signed Anwar Uddin, singing his praises. I dared to suggest that there had to be a reason why D&R had released him and very much getting my head bitten off. Unfortunately I was right. So I'd say he was a signing whom fans had high expectations of but who disappointed,