Cheltenham (Hive) The Adverse Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LoudmouthBFC

Re: Cheltenham (Hive) The Adverse Match Thread

beesknees99 wrote:Saw Loudmouth BFC’s face at the full time whistle. The bloke looked completely distraught.

I had a good moan at the players and the manager at FT, but JCR didn’t deserve the abuse. Watson did. McGhee did. Blackman did.

Gotta be honest it’s the first time I’ve slated the performance directly in front of the players, and on this occasion I think it was entirely deserved.

How Watson gets in the team every week I do NOT know. Blackman is also abysmal.

So glad I have now cancelled plans for Cambridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd think I'd be use to it by now, maybe I have Amnesia and can't remember our last game. That's why I go in to every game with high hopes.
BusheyBee43

becbee wrote:
BusheyBee43 wrote:
pokal02 wrote:Agree Stephens' kicking isn't great but he makes one or two brilliant saves (including one today at 0-0) that I'm not sure Ross would have made. It seems a bit harsh to drop him for this - we're not Man City. Seems a bit like saying we lost the Ashes because our bowlers didn't score enough runs.
1. Ross is a fantastic shotstopper and can kick better than Stephens and personally I think he would of made that save
2. Where did I say it was his fault but IMO the indirect free kick wouldn't of happen with Ross in goal and Stephens at one point went out for a punch and completely missed the ball so poor from him.
Stephens aerial kick was an absolute shocker and he'd really have had egg on his face had Cheltenham scored from the resultant free kick. However it doesn't really matter whether we play him or Ross - we didn't lose today because of our goalkeeper.
We lost because we defended badly, because we had nothing in midfield, because we never tested their goalkeeper and because we showed no heart.
I agree that in this particular game it would of made no difference however he did make some mistakes that Cheltenham failed to capitalise on. In my opinion if Ross played those mistakes will happen less frequently
BeesKnees99

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:Saw Loudmouth BFC’s face at the full time whistle. The bloke looked completely distraught.

I had a good moan at the players and the manager at FT, but JCR didn’t deserve the abuse. Watson did. McGhee did. Blackman did.

Gotta be honest it’s the first time I’ve slated the performance directly in front of the players, and on this occasion I think it was entirely deserved.

How Watson gets in the team every week I do NOT know. Blackman is also abysmal.

So glad I have now cancelled plans for Cambridge.

You'd think I'd be use to it by now, maybe I have Amnesia and can't remember our last game. That's why I go in to every game with high hopes.
I was gonna shout ‘cheer up Loudmouth’ but I was too angry and disappointed myself.

#Beebot

Beeloyal123 wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:There is a small group of fans who seem to think I had it in for Rossi on the basis of one drunken argument at Blackburn.

To be clear I wanted Rossi to succeed as a Lester finch winner and club man of several years and a thoroughly nice bloke.

What became clear however was that the job was too big for him and he did the right thing for himself and the club and stepped down.

I admit being a bit disrespectful to him when my frustration got the better of me after games but I have always been 100% behind him when games in play. The fact that the same small group decided to share my Facebook posts with him speaks more about them than me in my view.

I am taking a calmer approach to games now and have no wish to continue the debate with that group about whether it was right for Rossi to leave his post.

I will only say this. If you think it is ok to abuse other fans because they did not hold our former manager as highly in their esteem as you do and you see the shambles of McGhee as vindication of Rossi. I would respectfully suggest a careful evaluation of priorities is in order.

Today's game was dreadful enough without that nonsense

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I witnessed that drunken rant by you and it was pretty embarrassing. As an ambassador for the club you let us down. I am not saying that your behaviour led to Rossi’s downfall but it hardly helped.
I cannot condone anyone abusing Rossi - who for all his mistakes was a decent man who cared about the club. However, any manager who cannot handle this kind of stuff is going to struggle in the role. My understanding from others I have spoken to is that Rossi felt genuinely upset and uncomfortable at much of what was said. It's not okay that people said it, but given that it will happen to literally every manager at any club it's a pre-requisite that you have to have a very thick skin to be a manager. Sadly it seems like Rossi wasn't able to handle that. For this reason I can't see him back in the role even as caretaker. Some people are more suited to coaching than managing and Rossi is one of them.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Bee_Forever

#Beebot wrote:
Beeloyal123 wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:There is a small group of fans who seem to think I had it in for Rossi on the basis of one drunken argument at Blackburn.

To be clear I wanted Rossi to succeed as a Lester finch winner and club man of several years and a thoroughly nice bloke.

What became clear however was that the job was too big for him and he did the right thing for himself and the club and stepped down.

I admit being a bit disrespectful to him when my frustration got the better of me after games but I have always been 100% behind him when games in play. The fact that the same small group decided to share my Facebook posts with him speaks more about them than me in my view.

I am taking a calmer approach to games now and have no wish to continue the debate with that group about whether it was right for Rossi to leave his post.

I will only say this. If you think it is ok to abuse other fans because they did not hold our former manager as highly in their esteem as you do and you see the shambles of McGhee as vindication of Rossi. I would respectfully suggest a careful evaluation of priorities is in order.

I witnessed that drunken rant by you and it was pretty embarrassing. As an ambassador for the club you let us down. I am not saying that your behaviour led to Rossi’s downfall but it hardly helped.
I cannot condone anyone abusing Rossi - who for all his mistakes was a decent man who cared about the club. However, any manager who cannot handle this kind of stuff is going to struggle in the role. My understanding from others I have spoken to is that Rossi felt genuinely upset and uncomfortable at much of what was said. It's not okay that people said it, but given that it will happen to literally every manager at any club it's a pre-requisite that you have to have a very thick skin to be a manager. Sadly it seems like Rossi wasn't able to handle that. For this reason I can't see him back in the role even as caretaker. Some people are more suited to coaching than managing and Rossi is one of them.

This.

Bee_Forever

#Beebot wrote:
Beeloyal123 wrote:

This.

Jon83

#Beebot wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:It all got a bit heated after the final whistle. JCR took exception at what someone in the crowd said and big John had to restrain him.
I cannot fault his passion, he flipped at Blackman last week over his reckless behaviour and rightly so.

Don't agree with personal attacks on players and certainly not on JCR who is one of the players we need to drag us out of this mess.

JCR also had a go at Watson during the second half after Watson took a free kick aimlessly towards Akinde and shouted at him ‘it’s not working’ ... Watson took offence to that along the lines of that’s what he’s being told to do.

All is not well in the squad it would appear.
#Beebot

Jon83 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:It all got a bit heated after the final whistle. JCR took exception at what someone in the crowd said and big John had to restrain him.
I cannot fault his passion, he flipped at Blackman last week over his reckless behaviour and rightly so.

Don't agree with personal attacks on players and certainly not on JCR who is one of the players we need to drag us out of this mess.

JCR also had a go at Watson during the second half after Watson took a free kick aimlessly towards Akinde and shouted at him ‘it’s not working’ ... Watson took offence to that along the lines of that’s what he’s being told to do.

All is not well in the squad it would appear.
Good spot. I find it hard to fault either player here. Watson is poor, but I know that MM is instructing the players to get the ball to Akinde, but it isn't working. You can't blame the players for following instructions, but I also won't criticise JCR for calling bullshit on his manager's instructions when necessary.

Agree that it's a worrying sign. For me, further evidence that MM needs to go immediately.

rudebwoyben

To bee or not to bee wrote:
ninestein wrote:Look on the bright side. FGR lost, and Chesterfield got stuffed 5-1. We're still in touching distance of the 2 sides immediately above us. Today was an opportunity missed but we go again Boxing Day. Surely we should get a reaction...
Positivity is all very well but how was today an opportunity missed? Outfought, outthought and out played. We need to be realistic or nothing will change. There is something seriously wrong at Barnet FC. Complete lack of team spirit. Players fighting with each other on the field of play. 1 shot on target, well a ball that dribbled to the keeper, not really a shot IMHO. A kick up the arse won’t do it. Maybe a rocket up the arse and the good old fashioned hairdryer treatment in the dressing room. Ah diddums the players don’t like angry fans shouting at em. Well I don’t like shelling out good money to go and see that pile of shit even if it was buy one get one free. It makes my blood boil it really does.
What a load of cliched nonsense. A squad of players that inadequately managed and made to play in a totally unsuitable formation with the wrong personnel selected in several positions won’t suddenly improve because thry’re being shouted at and made to feel even worse.
mcleod23

Few thoughts on today.

Ross now has to come in. We put ourselves under severe pressure everytime we have a goal kick, it's schoolboy stuff. Ross is just as good, if not better so play the bloke.

Brindley looked so short of match fitness or isn't actually that good.

Clough looks off the pace, short of confidence and just not up for the gritty 50:50's. Rightfully subbed at HT.

Midfield is absent as per every game we've played this season, yet we actually have 2 holding CM's on the bench. Severe midfield overhaul required in January. Ryan bloody Watson is not the answer and never will be.

Positives, JCR, J Taylor and Akinola. All actually tried and put some effort in.

We are in the shit big time based on today.
jamiefrbees

Not that it's the biggest problem, as that is clearly the lack of effective management, tactics and basic team selection. But it's a problem none the less. We still have far too many individuals.

Akinde, Coulthirst, Akinola, Blackman, Brindley

Whether one likes it or not, all have a distinct air of individuality about them. Egos. Brands in themselves.

The lack of togetherness was summed up on a couple of occasions when individual players resorted to trying to run much of the length of the pitch with the ball themselves. Nelson even tried it on one occasion and Akinola shortly after.

We've had a number of disunited sides over the years but this has got to be up there with the worst.

Now more than ever we need committed team players, but Nelson and Campbell-Ryce aside, I can't see much hope other than Chesterfield, Morecambe, FGR somehow out-shitting us. Then it's once again, clear out! And recruit some characters that actually understand pulling together as a team. Make that the focus, rather than skill and swagger.
Itai-bee

jamiefrbees wrote:Not that it's the biggest problem, as that is clearly the lack of effective management, tactics and basic team selection. But it's a problem none the less. We still have far too many individuals.

Akinde, Coulthirst, Akinola, Blackman, Brindley

Whether one likes it or not, all have a distinct air of individuality about them. Egos. Brands in themselves.

The lack of togetherness was summed up on a couple of occasions when individual players resorted to trying to run much of the length of the pitch with the ball themselves. Nelson even tried it on one occasion and Akinola shortly after.

We've had a number of disunited sides over the years but this has got to be up there with the worst.

Now more than ever we need committed team players, but Nelson and Campbell-Ryce aside, I can't see much hope other than Chesterfield, Morecambe, FGR somehow out-shitting us. Then it's once again, clear out! And recruit some characters that actually understand pulling together as a team. Make that the focus, rather than skill and swagger.
Good post

Today was a embarrassment.
At the moment.McGhee looks clueless in every department.
That doesn’t exclude the team from showing a bit of character.Today we showed nothing.
amberforever

The most worrying thing about the performance today for me was, that at no point did we look remotely like gaining the upper hand. Usually no matter how dire, we at least have shown hope at one stage in the match. Full credit to Cheltenham, they deserved it.
peterstebbings

We were truly abysmal today and on that showing we are getting relegated.

I actually quite liked JCR having it out with the fans and admire him for having the balls to do it, rather than sloping off to the dressing room.

All the players were poor, but he was among the least poor and is one who can help us get out of this mess.

Not sure a change of manager is the answer. I would like MM to have the transfer window to get in a couple of hard bastards in midfield.

An awful lot of work to be done.
#Beebot

peterstebbings wrote:Not sure a change of manager is the answer. I would like MM to have the transfer window to get in a couple of hard bastards in midfield.
Have to disagree with this, his team selections so far have been awful and make me seriously question his judgement. I'd be very concerned about the calibre of player he'd bring in during the transfer window on that basis.