What is to be done?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mike

Re: What is to be done?

I also think that Tony K has been crucial to the survival of our club. I think of what happened to Leyton Orient and others. I am not uncritical but he brings us solidity and financial reason.
Norfolk & Chance

Mike wrote:I also think that Tony K has been crucial to the survival of our club. I think of what happened to Leyton Orient and others. I am not uncritical but he brings us solidity and financial reason.
And that sums up the Barnet FC attitude.
Survival!
It's not just about survival surely to God?
We were a debt free going concern when he took over. Survival should be the bare minimum and that's setting the bar pretty low!
ETBee

I worry that there won't be any decent players who would want to join us in January. Why would any player join us - a club in disarray, changing managers every 5 minutes, unable to offer a consistent, progressive and attractive style of play and looking more and more likely to be in the Conference next year. Sadly I fear that the only players who could be interested are those at the end of their careers who are looking for a last pay day and 2 year contract. We've seen too many of those.

If what I say is true then I can't see us staying up this season. I'd assumed that by now with his so called experience McGhee would have stabilised matters (see Moyes at West Ham, Allerdyce at Everton) but the game against Cheltenham showed that he's even managed to destroy the players' ability to pass the ball and his only tactic is to hoof the ball towards JA.

Oh dear!
Mike

I share your despair but what next?
LeicesterBee

ETBee wrote: If what I say is true then I can't see us staying up this season. I'd assumed that by now with his so called experience McGhee would have stabilised matters (see Moyes at West Ham, Allerdyce at Everton) but the game against Cheltenham showed that he's even managed to destroy the players' ability to pass the ball and his only tactic is to hoof the ball towards JA.

Oh dear!
As well as refuse to take any blame and instead shift it all on to the players. His post match criticism of Jack Taylor on 2 occasions this evening is embarrassing
Masuka

I put a fair portion of the blame on our chairman. He decided a manager with a very shit CV would be the right man to get us out of danger, and to be honest I havent thought much of him since he raised ticket prices to fund better football. Yeah good one TK like any of us believed that was the case. It was pure greed. Your increased bank balance wont last.... The football has been utterly dire for most of the season. You've lost a load of casual fans, and more importantly, you've lost a big bunch of season ticket holders. I can count almost 10 people I know this season who have ditched theirs. Combined with the traffic laden drive to and from the Hive from Barnet, the shambolic car park, the extraordinarily useless bar staff, the extraordinarily disgusting beer... the list goes on.
There are many people like me who simply cant be arsed anymore.

There is an old saying 'the writings on the wall'. I think our sinking ship has too many holes in it. Anyway I prefer the conference away days.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
BigBee

Masuka wrote:I put a fair portion of the blame on our chairman. He decided a manager with a very shit CV would be the right man to get us out of danger, and to be honest I havent thought much of him since he raised ticket prices to fund better football. Yeah good one TK like any of us believed that was the case. It was pure greed. Your increased bank balance wont last.... The football has been utterly dire for most of the season. You've lost a load of casual fans, and more importantly, you've lost a big bunch of season ticket holders. I can count almost 10 people I know this season who have ditched theirs. Combined with the traffic laden drive to and from the Hive from Barnet, the shambolic car park, the extraordinarily useless bar staff, the extraordinarily disgusting beer... the list goes on.

There is an old saying 'the writings on the wall'. I think our sinking ship has too many holes in it. Anyway I prefer the conference away days.
AAK does not visit this Forum
Suggest if you want to get his attention,
then e-mail him, or for him, via the club.
jamiefrbees

Sadly I don't think Martin Allen would

A) want to come back
B) be the same presence he was before. Since his shock heart issues I imagine he has lost some of his gusto
Itai-bee

Hated Allens football.But a mix of Allens Man managment and Rossi's football would be quiet good.
Sorry if that sound ridiculous,but we are in a desprate situation.
Mem Beespod

BigBee wrote:
Masuka wrote:I put a fair portion of the blame on our chairman. He decided a manager with a very shit CV would be the right man to get us out of danger, and to be honest I havent thought much of him since he raised ticket prices to fund better football. Yeah good one TK like any of us believed that was the case. It was pure greed. Your increased bank balance wont last.... The football has been utterly dire for most of the season. You've lost a load of casual fans, and more importantly, you've lost a big bunch of season ticket holders. I can count almost 10 people I know this season who have ditched theirs. Combined with the traffic laden drive to and from the Hive from Barnet, the shambolic car park, the extraordinarily useless bar staff, the extraordinarily disgusting beer... the list goes on.

then e-mail him, or for him, via the club.[/

I've been told by one of his employers he definitely monitors the forum
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
LoudmouthBFC

Mr Smart wrote:
BigBee wrote:

then e-mail him, or for him, via the club.[/

I've been told by one of his employers he definitely monitors the forum

Ain't he's name on here just Anthony or Tony? I swear he has answered questions on here before.
John_c

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Mike wrote:I also think that Tony K has been crucial to the survival of our club. I think of what happened to Leyton Orient and others. I am not uncritical but he brings us solidity and financial reason.
And that sums up the Barnet FC attitude.
Survival!
It's not just about survival surely to God?
We were a debt free going concern when he took over. Survival should be the bare minimum and that's setting the bar pretty low!
Apart from the small matter of a CVA to pay off, oh and the losses the club was making.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
cozytheref

Start by getting rid of James Thorne. He is a wage we could put to better use. Rossi could do what he is doing now and do Thorne’s job. He is an arrogant waste of space that we do not really need around the club. He gas brought nothing to the table since he has been put in the job. Just my take on things
BEE428

I would just get Martin Allen in, secure league status, and write this season off
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
Mem Beespod

BEE428 wrote:I would just get Martin Allen in, secure league status, and write this season off
With 22 games left and a transfer window there's no way I would right this season off. With the right appointment and a good transfer window we could easily put a run together. It's far too early to be having a siege mentality
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938