Everything isn't awesome, but is another manager the answer?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
dawat

Re: Everything isn't awesome, but is another manager the ans

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
ETBee wrote:I fear for our little club. We could be experiencing the start of a rapid decline as so much seems to be going wrong. There appears to be a mood around to self destruct. Hiveoccupier is right, there seems to be so much vitriol in many fans these days. It may be something to do with the influence of social media where everybody believes they have aright to be as obnoxious as they like. Perhaps it's another example of the populist/brexit/Trump phenomenon!

Sad times.
Yes, it's sad! Sad when people will relate anything and everything they might not like to the democratic decision, voted for by 17.4 million people, to leave the European union. The majority of those that voted.

What a pathetic comment ETBee.

Brexit equals obnoxious fans having a go at players. Good grief.
FFS, I've been following the Bees for 40 years plus and we've had fans like that throughout.

Brexit!! Jesus fecking Christ!
Quite agree Norfolk! People who wish to be obnoxious come from all walks of life in my experience and are not limited by race, politics or nationality! If it is being suggested that this type of behaviour originates from one source as opposed to another or has just suddenly emerged, that is frankly being disingenuous.
gafferbee

I’ve been missing more games than I wanted to this season - a combination of poor performances by the Bees reducing my motivation to attend games alongside personal commitments, family holidays, favours owed at home and so on.

Last game I saw was Grimsby (terrible) and I’ve been largely avoiding this board as the results have got worse. Now I come back and this place is full of innuendo about angry characters, a sullen mood at the club, all the rest of it. Can anyone elaborate? Have the staff and players at BFC suddenly all taken against the fans? Have the moaning brigade in the crowd taken over?

We’re in trouble if the club itself is riven by mistrust. The group needs to stick together if they want to avoid the drop.
John_c

gafferbee wrote:I’ve been missing more games than I wanted to this season - a combination of poor performances by the Bees reducing my motivation to attend games alongside personal commitments, family holidays, favours owed at home and so on.

Last game I saw was Grimsby (terrible) and I’ve been largely avoiding this board as the results have got worse. Now I come back and this place is full of innuendo about angry characters, a sullen mood at the club, all the rest of it. Can anyone elaborate? Have the staff and players at BFC suddenly all taken against the fans? Have the moaning brigade in the crowd taken over?

We’re in trouble if the club itself is riven by mistrust. The group needs to stick together if they want to avoid the drop.
This is kind of standard when the results are poor.

I always laugh when people say it's the worst ever. It's not. Get a grip.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
gafferbee

Well that was kind of my point. We’ve had lots of bad results over the years, so I just wondered what makes this period worse.

Apart from sheer exasperation, I guess.
John_c wrote:
gafferbee wrote:I’ve been missing more games than I wanted to this season - a combination of poor performances by the Bees reducing my motivation to attend games alongside personal commitments, family holidays, favours owed at home and so on.

This is kind of standard when the results are poor.

I always laugh when people say it's the worst ever. It's not. Get a grip.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
becbee

I guess all football clubs supporters are the same. Back in the days when we used to have good wins (!), I'd read on opposition message boards how it had been their team's worst performance for 20/ 30/ 40 years! You'd think then, get a grip.
It's also like how fans reactions are so often solely based on the result, not the 90 minutes which preceded it.
paulbuckley

Well as a long term supporter who now lives in Devon this was the first time I have seen Barnet this season. They played really well and gave everything and I felt very proud for them and desolate that they lost this game in the last minute. I hope they are not too despondent and crack on with playing this well. If they do I hope they will have some luck and be OK. I don't know much about the manager but he has experience and I don't see too many clubs benefiting from constant changes. I say focus on getting behind the players and the manager. Barnet players and their fans should feel proud today. I wish them luck for the critical next games
CrawleyBee

paulbuckley wrote:Well as a long term supporter who now lives in Devon this was the first time I have seen Barnet this season. They played really well and gave everything and I felt very proud for them and desolate that they lost this game in the last minute. I hope they are not too despondent and crack on with playing this well. If they do I hope they will have some luck and be OK. I don't know much about the manager but he has experience and I don't see too many clubs benefiting from constant changes. I say focus on getting behind the players and the manager. Barnet players and their fans should feel proud today. I wish them luck for the critical next games
Thanks Paul for the positive post. I think everyone accepts we were unlucky today, but struggling with the shambles this season. Let’s hope we have turned a corner.
Formerly Watfordbee
#Beebot

Judging by a post made by a club employee on BTID earlier it looks like MM is here to stay.

It's going to be a long, hard slog until the end of the season. The sad thing is that it's entirely avoidable.

Not sure why TK feels MM is owed more time based on what he's done so far.