Quick Managerial Poll

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Who should manage us until the end of the season?

Mark McGhee
18%
Martin Allen
32%
Rossi Eames
7%
Bring in a completely different manager
43%

Total votes: 76

Norfolk & Chance

Re: Quick Managerial Poll

MCB wrote:You know that game Chinese Whispers? Where one person says one thing and it ends up as something else...

Well, i'm hoping that's the case with Barnet FC this evening.
Agreed MCB.

Surely that must be the case.
He might just have flu!
DerekRocholl

bee33 wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
WinchyBee wrote:MA until the end of the season please, if he wants the job past then give it to him.

Can't believe how people are doubting a manager who got us promoted playing some fantastic football and kept us up (v.comfortably) in the first season back in the league.
Sorry I can't believe you want this bloke back. His tactics and man management skills are from the Ark he bombed badly at Eastleigh, gave us several months of the dire football when last here, carried out some of the worst transfer business ever, and sodded off when it suited him again !

I'm firmly in the Anyone But Bloody Allen camp - It's all Money Money Money with him and if we are issuing an SOS we should Take a Chance on someone else! (Although having said all that I would draw the line at Sanchez too !)

Hiveoccupier - Your clueless. Your basing MA's career on Eastleigh stint and saying he gave us months of dire football that left us 8th in the league just outside the play offs goal difference ??? Fast forward a year later and we are bottom with out him.

I get what you say on the loyalty bit but you can't write off his man management style regardless of you not liking his style of football in this league.

Remember this is League Two and not the Prem, the style of footy is completely different.

And we did issue an SOS with someone else and that someone has done nothing !!!

Who else do you think can get us out of the mess with out taking any risks.
I’m not sure you need to introduce yourself as my clueless, it is evident from your posts.

This is all a moot point because I don’t think we will see Allen back at BFC. I sincerely hope that is the case because he has bleed enough of a blight already. Personally I think Eames with a squad that is mostly fit and with the addition of a couple of decent transfer window signings would do a decent job. In similar circumstances last season he racked up more points per game than Allen achieved in charge of Barnet for league games.

Rossi is a Super Trouper !
lemming3k

b4life wrote:Chances of MA keeping us up - 90%, chances of a poll just like this one to get rid of him sometime around the middle of next season - 100%
Seems a lot of people have forgotten how they wanted MA out just over a year ago. He had a good 8ish months but reverted to 'route 1 do a job' football and it went downhill. At the end it was dire and signings embarrassing, many of which we have suffered for over the past year and at least partly resulting in us being where we are.
If we're honest even the title was a lot closer than it ever should have been and we lost the momentum that so many teams use to kick on up the divisions.
Definite impact manager and would probably scrape enough points to survive (if he bothered to hang around long enough) but that's a huge risk and it'll be horrible to watch - and god forbid we give him a transfer window or we'll be back to square minus one again.
Not the answer for me. Thanks for what he's done but this club needs to move on.

We need a philosophy and some continuity. We had the chance to safely do that and work towards something and instead we appointed Nugent.
bee33

Hiveoccupier wrote:
bee33 wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
WinchyBee wrote:MA until the end of the season please, if he wants the job past then give it to him.

Can't believe how people are doubting a manager who got us promoted playing some fantastic football and kept us up (v.comfortably) in the first season back in the league.
Sorry I can't believe you want this bloke back. His tactics and man management skills are from the Ark he bombed badly at Eastleigh, gave us several months of the dire football when last here, carried out some of the worst transfer business ever, and sodded off when it suited him again !

I'm firmly in the Anyone But Bloody Allen camp - It's all Money Money Money with him and if we are issuing an SOS we should Take a Chance on someone else! (Although having said all that I would draw the line at Sanchez too !)

Hiveoccupier - Your clueless. Your basing MA's career on Eastleigh stint and saying he gave us months of dire football that left us 8th in the league just outside the play offs goal difference ??? Fast forward a year later and we are bottom with out him.

I get what you say on the loyalty bit but you can't write off his man management style regardless of you not liking his style of football in this league.

Remember this is League Two and not the Prem, the style of footy is completely different.

And we did issue an SOS with someone else and that someone has done nothing !!!

Who else do you think can get us out of the mess with out taking any risks.
I’m not sure you need to introduce yourself as my clueless, it is evident from your posts.

This is all a moot point because I don’t think we will see Allen back at BFC. I sincerely hope that is the case because he has bleed enough of a blight already. Personally I think Eames with a squad that is mostly fit and with the addition of a couple of decent transfer window signings would do a decent job. In similar circumstances last season he racked up more points per game than Allen achieved in charge of Barnet for league games.

Rossi is a Super Trouper !

Now I do know that you are clueless. 'Rossi is a Super Trouper' ??? Are you ok mate??

Please remember how beat he was in post match interviews, he looked so worn out to the point where I thought he looked like he needed a bucket to throw up in. I can't remember seeing a Super Trouper.

If RE signed players like Sweeney then use them, no excuses. Yes injuries occurred but this is football. Like I've said it recent posts, Hodgson has the same team that he took over from De Boer plus injuries and look how well Palace are doing now.

I would say if Rossi had a DoF like Ian Hendon for example helping him then maybe it would be a different story with Ian Hendon helping him with transfers and contacts in getting him good loan players etc.... Then stepping in if all goes wrong.

What I'm saying is is there any point in taking on a new manager like we have with MM that is just a guess chance of doing better then we are now when we could simply get MA as we know what we would get with him and thats SAFTEY whether it's ugly football or not.
DerekRocholl

Mama Mia there you go again. As I said Anyone But Bloody Allen !
bee33

Hiveoccupier wrote:Mama Mia there you go again. As I said Anyone But Bloody Allen !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BshxCIjNEjY
DerekRocholl

bee33 wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:Mama Mia there you go again. As I said Anyone But Bloody Allen !

Ah ha you got there in the end :hi:
bee33

Hiveoccupier wrote:
bee33 wrote:

Ah ha you got there in the end :hi:

Just a bit banter mate :Drink1:

P.S Your fave film is currently on iTV lol
northantsbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:

Allen left with us just outside the play-offs mainly with players signed on free transfers. Had he stayed and received the transfer budget available last January we may well have been in League One now rather than back in our customary position without him.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Mikel Bee

How about Peter Beadle? He has experience coming in and avoiding relegation with struggling teams like Newport and Hereford. Seems to have good contacts as well bringing in players from Championship/Prem sides. Ex-Bee, charismatic manager, with experience?
Mem Beespod

This is turning into brexit with a definite split down the middle
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
MCB

Mr Smart wrote:This is turning into brexit with a definite split down the middle
What - 83% want McGhee out, and 17% want him in?
DerekRocholl

Or 66% are ABBA supporters.
becbee

Mikel Bee wrote:How about Peter Beadle? He has experience coming in and avoiding relegation with struggling teams like Newport and Hereford. Seems to have good contacts as well bringing in players from Championship/Prem sides. Ex-Bee, charismatic manager, with experience?
(
Charismatic? I saw him on the BBC F A Cup draw programme ( either 1st or 2nd round draw) and just looked like a chubby bearded matey guy from down the pub. Nothing wrong with that - but hardly charismatic.
Norfolk & Chance

becbee wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:How about Peter Beadle? He has experience coming in and avoiding relegation with struggling teams like Newport and Hereford. Seems to have good contacts as well bringing in players from Championship/Prem sides. Ex-Bee, charismatic manager, with experience?
(
Charismatic? I saw him on the BBC F A Cup draw programme ( either 1st or 2nd round draw) and just looked like a chubby bearded matey guy from down the pub. Nothing wrong with that - but hardly charismatic.
Sounds like a fantastic bloke to me !!

:hi: