Has McGee resigned?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Has McGee resigned?

becbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
pgbee wrote:NL managers have the benefit of the loan system, as was. It's a different job in the EFL.....less chance to bail out your mistakes.
The loan market is an irrelevance to Barnet as they never use it because TK doesn't like it. This as already been stated on this forum several times this week alone.
There seems to be the deluded view in some quarters that Barnet's academy is the new Class of 92. Sadly, this misapprehension will only become apparent to them with relegation, unless, of course, reality kicks in before it is too late.
Ridiculous to say that Barnet never use the loan market. We can all name many loan players - plus many we've forgotten as they weren't good enough. We haven't been able to use it this season between 1st September - 31st December as it's no longer available to EFL clubs.

I doubt anybody has over-inflated opinions of our Academy players, if they were considered to be that good then they'd be in the match day squad.
Since the abolition of the emergency loan market, 6 and 12 month loans are now commonplace for most EFL clubs.

In 18 months we've brought in one - Josh Vickers. It's very odd that we aren't using that avenue.
Letsbeehavinyou

I assume MM has been taking training all week?
Norfolkbee

Precisely. If Rossi was struggling to sign a defensive midfielder in September, he should've gone out and loaned one for the season. It's what other clubs would've done. That said, when we started the season like a train, Rossi (and some others) were in total denial that one was needed. I well remember various posters on here claiming that this type of player would hamper the type of free-flowing football Rossi wanted to play.
ninestein

Letsbeehavinyou wrote:I assume MM has been taking training all week?
Your guess is as good as mine. I expect he has.
We're all on here making assumptions that a new man is coming in. For all we know, this might be total hear'say and McGhee is carrying on as normal.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
northantsbee

Rossi was not making the signings, James Thorne was. He was under the assumption the Sule Deal would go through before the deadline, which it didn't, hence why it was announced as soon as it opened. Since then it appears Thorne has been picking his nose.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
dawat

Well unfortunately my predictions about our league position have almost come to fruition. I anticipated that we could well be bottom by the end of December 2017 and as far as 6 to 9 points adrift. It's a week later and we are 'only' three points adrift. Have we signed those players we so desperately need? Apparently not. Is our manager staying or going? Who knows for sure. Do we have a plan for survival in League 2? If we have then it's very well hidden.
Can we survive? Of course we can! Will we survive? Well I am still waiting for evidence that anyone at the club actually has a clue as to what needs to happen in order to achieve survival! Whilst we appear to be faffing about like headless chickens (no pun intended) other clubs are actually trying to do something positive to impact on their predicament.

The club is starting to remind me of an old 'Irish' joke (no offence intended). Three Irish guys are locked up in a south American prison waiting to be executed.
O'Hara turns to McDonal and asks "How on earth are we going to get out of this situation. They are going to shoot us at dawn tomorrow!" McDonal replies " Don't worry, Murphy always has a plan, he will think of something to get us out of this predicament."
Dawn arrives and the armed guards enter their cell to handcuff the three of them and march them out to the nearby courtyard. The handcuffs are removed and the three of them are tied up to posts in the ground in front of a firing squad and then blindfolded. The officer in charge of the firing squad gives the order to take aim.
Suddenly Murphy's voice is heard "Look boys, this is the plan".
ninestein

One of my fellow fans believes that McGhee will be reverting back to the Director of Football role which he was brought in to do in the first place. This will then open up the way for a new First Team Coach and assistant.

If that is the case, MM will effectively be doing the James Thorne role. At least he has experience of management and has a wealth of contacts within the game. Of course, this is just one of many vicious rumours. Nothing concrete has come out of the club yet... i just hope we don't 'faff around' for too long and the new man misses the boat of the transfer window.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:Precisely. If Rossi was struggling to sign a defensive midfielder in September, he should've gone out and loaned one for the season. It's what other clubs would've done. That said, when we started the season like a train, Rossi (and some others) were in total denial that one was needed. I well remember various posters on here claiming that this type of player would hamper the type of free-flowing football Rossi wanted to play.
Surely that would not have been an option as the loan window would have been shut along with the transfer window?
#Beebot

ninestein wrote:One of my fellow fans believes that McGhee will be reverting back to the Director of Football role which he was brought in to do in the first place. This will then open up the way for a new First Team Coach and assistant.

If that is the case, MM will effectively be doing the James Thorne role. At least he has experience of management and has a wealth of contacts within the game. Of course, this is just one of many vicious rumours. Nothing concrete has come out of the club yet... i just hope we don't 'faff around' for too long and the new man misses the boat of the transfer window.
I don't think we should have a DOF at all, it's a needless waste of funds, and certainly not one with a track record as poor as MM's.

Having said that he's still an improvement on Thorne.
Norfolkbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Precisely. If Rossi was struggling to sign a defensive midfielder in September, he should've gone out and loaned one for the season. It's what other clubs would've done. That said, when we started the season like a train, Rossi (and some others) were in total denial that one was needed. I well remember various posters on here claiming that this type of player would hamper the type of free-flowing football Rossi wanted to play.
Surely that would not have been an option as the loan window would have been shut along with the transfer window?
Maybe I didn't explain clearly. What I meant was that if there was a problem signing Player X, there should've been a Plan B to sign Player Y on loan before time ran out - belt and braces, if you like. Unfortunately, we now know that James Thorne is not a man for Plan Bs.
talldarkslim

I am relaxed about the situation as I have accepted we are heading to the national league. We are at crawley this coming saturday who were too energetic for us at the hive. We do not have a prayer against lincoln and cheltenham were also too strong. That will be 3 more defeats so we will be further adrift by the end of january. Forest Green have invested and should now pull away from the bottom. Goodbye league 2.
CrawleyBee

talldarkslim wrote:I am relaxed about the situation as I have accepted we are heading to the national league. We are at crawley this coming saturday who were too energetic for us at the hive. We do not have a prayer against lincoln and cheltenham were also too strong. That will be 3 more defeats so we will be further adrift by the end of january. Forest Green have invested and should now pull away from the bottom. Goodbye league 2.
As much as I want to say what a negative view..... I tend to agree, have we seen anything to suggest otherwise? We did have some good performances at the start of the season, but as been discussed MM doesn’t have a clue how to rekindle this form. Hindsight is a wonderful thing (and I know he tendered his resignation) but we would have had more chance under Rossi. We can live in hope that something will change at Crawley. There is a team there somewhere.
Formerly Watfordbee
northantsbee

I too can see the NL beckoning.I was very Northern based last time round but this time we hopefully should have local games against Orient, Dagenham, Boreham Wood, Sutton, Woking and Bromley and whoever may come up from the NLS (barring Truro!)
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Norfolkbee

Lack of leadership from the very top is the real problem. Uncertainty over manager situation, transfer window open, relegation a distinct possibility, but not a word (even the usual vague missive) about where the club is at. Even when mushrooms are kept in the dark, they are fed s**t, but we don't even get that.
Mem Beespod

#Beebot wrote:
ninestein wrote:One of my fellow fans believes that McGhee will be reverting back to the Director of Football role which he was brought in to do in the first place. This will then open up the way for a new First Team Coach and assistant.

I don't think we should have a DOF at all, it's a needless waste of funds, and certainly not one with a track record as poor as MM's.

Having said that he's still an improvement on Thorne.
Having a good DOF is imperative in my opinion as it takes TK away from transfer dealings. The issues we've been having are that James Thorne is in a position way above his experience level which would ultimately mean TK is involved. As good a money man as TK has been, a football man he is not
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod