Kevin Blackwell
3%
Other Please State
18%

Total votes: 38

pgbee

Re: Throwing out names

jerroll wrote:
To bee or not to bee wrote:I’ve gone for other - Michael Nelson. The players and fans seem to respect him at least. Surely that’s a big part of being a football manager.
Every time we have had a player manager in a FL season we have been relegated - Phillips 93/4 , Cottee 00/01 & Davids 12/13 so probably not a good idea!
93/4 - another season where we dropped many points in the last 10-15 mins of matches having been on parity or better for the first 75-80......
ninestein

If we are to make a change, it has to be right now whilst the window opens, and it needs to be the 'fire fighter' type of manager who can get a reaction, not a 'thinker' type of manager. If it's true that MA has rejected the idea, that leaves us with few options.

I can understand if we approached Waddock as he is a good fit for us and has some history here. But right now why would he leave Aldershot given the position they are in. They could easily wave to us as they go on their way up.

I'm 90% certain that McGhee will remain in charge. In terms of player recruitment this January, any chance of doing deals willl have required them to be identified prior to now. What real chance will a new manager actually have to recruit the 2-3 quality players we need with such a short time left?

We've all been doing a lot of soul searching on here the last week or two. We have to prepare toaccept that MM is going to be in charge for the rest of the season, so we may as well get behind the side and hope that the weekend off has done us sone good and refreshed the players ready for the battle ahead. Hopefully Weston is nearing a return and Fuad Sule will bring a little bit extra to our midfield.

It may not be enough to save us come early May, but right now i hope we at least have a proper go and restore some pride in our club. But my goodness if we do manage it, what a grest relief it would be. I hope we as fans are all up for this battle.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
tonbridgebee

If it's true MA has turned down the chance to add another relegation saving act to his CV, then I struggle to see where the club goes to find a manager to drag the club up. Not that I think he is the answer beyond this season, but how many times can we go back to Groundhog Day? Only a few days ago, we hear on here there's an announcement to be made, but that's gone very quiet. Was MA the expected messiah? Did TK expect the only answer was a yes?

I don't get the chance to attend matches that often, but the lack of motivation from MM in the second half of the Swindon game was awful, a look of resignation to the fact we will and can go down, I can't say it looked as if he had the desire to lift and support the players, what manager would want to come into this situation including MA, maybe TK has shot himself in the foot this time.

9 days already into the window, time is ticking on and it's not on our side, if you're gonna act TK, get it sorted or at least explain and nullify the rumours, it's the only way to move forward (cue everything falling on deaf ears) :bash: :bash: :bash:
beeman

John Sheridan for me. Proven track record of keeping teams up and has a pretty decent record
Itai-bee

What about Ian Dowie?
He’s quiet local and as got a pretty shit record in management.
#Beebot

MM will lose his job before the end of the season IMO, but I can't see it happening during the transfer window unless we get smashed in any of our next few games.
beew

I've gone for Mark McGhee, although I don't think he's available atm. In Mark I trust, to turn the club around. Give it a year or so and we'll be calling for a stand to be named after him.
jamiefrbees

tonbridgebee wrote:
I don't get the chance to attend matches that often, but the lack of motivation from MM in the second half of the Swindon game was awful, a look of resignation to the fact we will and can go down, I can't say it looked as if he had the desire to lift and support the players, what manager would want to come into this situation including MA, maybe TK has shot himself in the foot this time.
A pertinent point - our second half performances have been generally dire. Half-time team talks are crucial in football and something I know Allen always excelled at. In McGhee it seems we have the complete opposite: the players start well, because they're actually pretty decent footballers. Second half: fade away to nothing.
millermart

Rotherham season ticket holder in peace here.
I have looked at this and other forums including chesterfield andhartlepool and it makes pretty grim reading.
Us supporters at Rotherham have seen some bad managers ourselves.
I would like to throw some names out there too.
Vastly experience. ..... Danny Wilson, John ward, Alan lewer, Dave Penney, Sean o Driscoll, Brian little, Peter Taylor, lennie Lawrence, Bryan Flynn, David Kelly, Mickey Adams.

or a season's worth of experience but just in this league....
James beattie, teddy sheringham, Paul peschisolido, Rob Edwards, Terry Fenwick, Paul Trollope, Dean Austin, Colin calderwood.
ninestein

Here's a thought... what about Ian Hendon? I know it didn't work out in the long run several years ago, but when Fairclough stepped down and we were struggling, he did at least make an impact.

He signed players of league quality that made a difference to the 2nd half of our season, like Matt Lockwood, Paul Furlong and Yannick Bolasie. I believe he's been doing a lot of scouting in recent times. His knowledge of players on the scene should be reasonably good. Plus the guy is well respected amongst fans. If he could pull us out of it, maybe that would right the terms in which he departed previously.

Right now it's about putting a fire out. The rebuilding job will have to wait until the end of the season.
pauln50

It's all very well suggesting names but if TK was going to get rid of MM then it would have happened by now. I just can't understand his apathy. It's no longer the club I started supporting over 50 years ago. Other teams have done well after moving to new grounds. We seem to be imploding. What's worse for me is I no longer have any interest in wasting my Saturday if TK can't be bothered
ninestein

I see TK is doing a mid-season Q&A session.
Get those questions in everyone...
foxy

ninestein wrote:I see TK is doing a mid-season Q&A session.
Get those questions in everyone...
Brave man, he is about to get battered
ninestein

Maybe we should open a fish & chip shop to...
jamiefrbees

Or maybe he knows communication is totally screwed between club and supporter and is making an effort to change it.

I've no doubt he will have hated Mcghee's last 4 games in charge as much as we did. We don't know exactly what efforts have been made to replace Mcghee which have been scuppered. Sticking with him may just be a hapless case of better the devil you know