A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

Re: A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

StephenM wrote:He was speaking with Ian Hendon the other day, for those out there that like to put 2+2 together....just smashed £2000 on him being the next permanent head coach.

Think Hendo is what we need.... someone committed to the cause.
Formerly Watfordbee
#Beebot

watfordbee wrote:
StephenM wrote:He was speaking with Ian Hendon the other day, for those out there that like to put 2+2 together....just smashed £2000 on him being the next permanent head coach.

Think Hendo is what we need.... someone committed to the cause.
We have one tactically inept manager, we don't need another.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
letchbee94

barnetpete wrote:We’ll have the best ‘European model’ converluted management structure in conference, but it’s ok, the relationship with the fans is 8/10
I could not also believe he thinks the match day experience (taking out the results) is a 7.
John_c

#Beebot wrote:
StephenM wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:In the coming weeks? Please, what a joke. Does he not grasp the need for urgency?
On the flip side, does he rush the appointment and end up with another sub standard person or make sure he gets the correct person for the job,if it takes one week or eight weeks.
The process should have started weeks ago, if he's rushing it now it's his fault.

A new manager needs the next couple of weeks to bring in his own players.
Do you think the process hasn't started?

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
RichardM

Somebody asked this question - "You have often said because we are a London based club we have higher ticket prices how come Borehamwood, Crawley, Stevenage is lot cheaper and if we go down to non-league again who going to pay £25 to watch us crowds will go down to 500 will then change the prices also the view from the south terrace is rubbish not worth £19"

I have looked at the prices at Stevenage. Their most expensive seat costs £1 less than Barnet if bought on the day of the match. A concession costs £7 MORE than Barnet. It costs £1 less for an adult to stand at Barnet and £8 less for a concession. I fail to see that it is a lot cheaper to support Stevenage and the facilities are far superior at the Hive.  
John_c

RichardM wrote:Somebody asked this question - "You have often said because we are a London based club we have higher ticket prices how come Borehamwood, Crawley, Stevenage is lot cheaper and if we go down to non-league again who going to pay £25 to watch us crowds will go down to 500 will then change the prices also the view from the south terrace is rubbish not worth £19"

I have looked at the prices at Stevenage. Their most expensive seat costs £1 less than Barnet if bought on the day of the match. A concession costs £7 MORE than Barnet. It costs £1 less for an adult to stand at Barnet and £8 less for a concession. I fail to see that it is a lot cheaper to support Stevenage and the facilities are far superior at the Hive.  
So basically it was made up? The hysteria over these questions is a bit silly now.

He's clearly not answered some very well. But the agenda appears clear from a number of quarters.

I for one am fuming that the extra money spent on the squad had resulted in automatic promotion...

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

#Beebot

John_c wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
StephenM wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:In the coming weeks? Please, what a joke. Does he not grasp the need for urgency?
On the flip side, does he rush the appointment and end up with another sub standard person or make sure he gets the correct person for the job,if it takes one week or eight weeks.
The process should have started weeks ago, if he's rushing it now it's his fault.

A new manager needs the next couple of weeks to bring in his own players.
Do you think the process hasn't started?

I would think it didn't start until shortly after the Swindon game and isn't moving quickly enough if a new boss is still weeks away.

In reality it should have started after the loss to Cheltenham and possibly earlier. MM shouldn't have been appointed in the first place with his track record but it became clear he wasn't up to the job weeks ago.
John_c

What dick asked this question?

52- Please can we drop that awful Guns n Roses song the players walk out to?

DerekRocholl

barnetpete wrote:We’ll have the best ‘European model’ converluted management structure in conference, but it’s ok, the relationship with the fans is 8/10
Perhaps he means the relationship with his fans is an 8 out of 10.

There is something increasingly Trump like in the approach. I guess we will have to wait a bit longer for the PSF against Pyongyang FC !
Jon83

In reality it should have started after the loss to Cheltenham and possibly earlier. MM shouldn't have been appointed in the first place with his track record but it became clear he wasn't up to the job weeks ago.[/quote]

MM’s interview today indicates that he had to do the job when RE stepped down and that he’s in the process of finding someone who can do it. Interviews have taken place and there are people ready to step in but MM wants to make sure the right man is appointed. To keep us up and then take us up next season!
RichardM

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Perhaps he means the relationship with his fans is an 8 out of 10.

There is something increasingly Trump like in the approach. I guess we will have to wait a bit longer for the PSF against Pyongyang FC !
So now Trump gets a mention at this most stressful time to be a Barnet supporter. Well I have held back until now but I maintain this disappointing season is all due to Brexit.
#Beebot

And now McGhee says we are behind the curve on transfers, despite saying we needed to strengthen the squad before the transfer window was even open.

Does anyone at the club actually give a shit right now?
letchbee94

So now Trump gets a mention at this most stressful time to be a Barnet supporter. Well I have held back until now but I maintain this disappointing season is all due to Brexit.[/quote]

Oh please.......
Jon83

#Beebot wrote:And now McGhee says we are behind the curve on transfers, despite saying we needed to strengthen the squad before the transfer window was even open.

I reckon we’ve had some rejections! Hardly surprising as we’ve yet to appoint a permanent manager.
curlybee

#Beebot wrote:And now McGhee says we are behind the curve on transfers, despite saying we needed to strengthen the squad before the transfer window was even open.

Really! I can't believe some comments on here at time. Of course people at the club do!

I'm actually enjoying reading TK's responses and think it is great that he is taking the time to respond. Not everyone will like what he says or agree.

James Thorne - taking into account his position is a lot clearer, I think he has been given a lot of harsh criticism. It sounds like he overseas the Hive operation and not just player recruitment as everyone assumed.

Mark McGhee - I seem to recall reading / listening to an interview somewhere that he was originally brought in above Rossi to help and guide him. At about the same time Rossi stepped down and MM took over. It sounds like there is movement on the new head coach and that maybe legalities / formalities are taking longer to complete for some reason. I'm sure all will be revealed once the head coach is announced.

TK - If anyone has ever talked to him. He has about 30+ business that he has an interest in outside of Barnet FC. Some of these use the Hive facilities like the motor cycle training school. Possibly they pay a hire fee to Barnet - who knows. All I know is that since the move to the Hive, Barnet has grown as a club financially. And for that I thank TK. Without this and if we were still at Underhill we would most probably be in the national league. But then again I expect a number of people on here would prefer this.

TK would prefer Barnet to play in Barnet. Having talked to him about the development previously I asked about corporate boxes. His response was being outside Barnet the club finds it difficult to get local business to sponsor anything let alone trying to sell corporate boxes so this is low down on the nice to have list.

I've been following the Bees for 36 years now. I remember the struggles of the club. I now for my sins live in Stevenage and have no issue driving to every home game. Having to park my car to get a train to London for £7 a day and hoping it still has wheels when I return, I don't consider the cost of parking at Barnet to be an issue other do. But you have a choice, I actually arrive in plenty of time to find somewhere in the local area to park for free.

I'm most probably in the wrong place as i'm upbeat about the club! Yes we are bottom but with players coming back (like a new signing) i'm sure we will start to move upwards.