A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolk & Chance

Re: A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:Whilst I agree the Q&As have a sense of ‘kicking the can down the road’ viz a vis difficult questions at an awkward time, this is, for the time being, our best chance to get some answers.

With that in mind, perhaps as a forum we send a series of questions, signed off by as many people as possible, in the form of a joint letter.

Otherwise, I think, it is too easy for certain topics to be avoided.

Great idea.
OK, my question:

Mr Chairman, when can we expect to be able to pay cash on one turnstile to enter the stadium?

Whose with me on this one?? :hi: :laugh:

I'll get my coat..............
MCB

These were my unanswered questions from last July's Q&A. They are not a priority in light of out current situation, but i'll be posting them again:

"1) There doesn't appear to have been a meeting with the Supporters Liason Group since 2015, and of course the club does not currently have a Supporters Trust or Association. This is not apportioning blame with anyone, but is this something the club would like to remedy and to see a structured relationship between supporters and the Club? I cannot think of any other football league club that doesn't have a degree of representation within the club, so is this something that can be strived towards?

2) More and more clubs have announced they will pay everyone in their club a 'Living Wage' - not just Premier League megarich clubs, but teams like FC United and AFC Wimbledon. Is this something Barnet FC can and should aspire to?"
shankbee01

StephenM wrote:Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There has been a call for more transparency, you've been given the opportunity to ask questions so ask them.

"it's ok for the manager to swear at supporters"...I'm not sure where you get this from, Nugent did it and was reprimanded, I'm sure the same would be in any further instances.

"only give selective answers to supporters" "Open forum after a game the best idea"...will these selective answers not be given at this open forum?

"I doubt if TK is up for a straight face to face chat"...numerous people in the past have spoken to him before and after matches.

Not really looking to defend the club at the moment, the whole thing is pretty much a shambles, but at the same time no need to go overboard on the criticism when it's not all valid.
Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adkbee

Oh dear. It seems MM is now acting as dof and is the one appointing a head coach and will have say on all first team recruitment.

Well, I suppose people did want TK to hand over the football side of things to an experienced football man. Careful what you wish for territory. If MM is around long term you really do have to fear the worst.
BEEGONE

8 questions in and no mention of on the pitch performances :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
mcleod23

What a complete joke of questions and answers. Huge avoidance of the questions that really matter, what is the point?

The club wonder why people get pissed off.
MCB

mcleod23 wrote:What a complete joke of questions and answers. Huge avoidance of the questions that really matter, what is the point?

The club wonder why people get pissed off.
They were the first 8 questions asked apparently, and are being answered in a chronological order.

Makes sense? If he's only answering the questions being asked it's our fault as supporters for not asking the right questions.
NoMagRyan

MCB wrote:2) More and more clubs have announced they will pay everyone in their club a 'Living Wage' - not just Premier League megarich clubs, but teams like FC United and AFC Wimbledon. Is this something Barnet FC can and should aspire to?"
Great question. Hopefully it's answered this time round.
Jon83

adkbee wrote:Oh dear. It seems MM is now acting as dof and is the one appointing a head coach and will have say on all first team recruitment.

Well, I suppose people did want TK to hand over the football side of things to an experienced football man. Careful what you wish for territory. If MM is around long term you really do have to fear the worst.
TK's answer suggests that MM has never been our 'manager/head coach' yet MM in his interviews has always implied that he was/is. IF we get relegated this season, it is ALL on TK's shoulders. Absolute shambles of a club at this moment.
mcleod23

If you had one question to ask the club at this point in time, would you really ask about half time entertainment? I despair.
Itai-bee

mcleod23 wrote:If you had one question to ask the club at this point in time, would you really ask about half time entertainment? I despair.
Agree
Some really strange questions considering the mess we are in.On and off the pitch.
Norfolk & Chance

Half time entertainment !!

How about some entertainment either side of half time !!
barnetpete

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Half time entertainment !!

How about some entertainment either side of half time !!
:hi:
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
LeicesterBee

The original tweet announcing there would be a Q&A session was at 9.49 this morning, yet less than 6 hours later we get the first round of answers.

Very quick turnaround given that most supporters will have been at work and have probably not even seen the initial tweet. Not to mention of course that the questions needed to be collated and TK answer them. Preplanned or maybe I’m getting cynical in my old age!

Would have made much more sense to collate all questions over the next 24 hours or so and answer the ones that were most relevant i.e. what is being done to address the shambles on the pitch rather than discussing HT entertainment! :grrr:
Last edited by LeicesterBee on 10 Jan 2018, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
mcleod23

No Leicester that's far too logical.