A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

Jon83 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:And now McGhee says we are behind the curve on transfers, despite saying we needed to strengthen the squad before the transfer window was even open.

Does anyone at the club actually give a shit right now?
I reckon we’ve had some rejections! Hardly surprising as we’ve yet to appoint a permanent manager.
This shouldn't make any real difference because MM was always going to be in charge in one capacity or another.
Norfolk & Chance

John_c wrote:What dick asked this question?

52- Please can we drop that awful Guns n Roses song the players walk out to?

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Maybe whoever it was would prefer 'we gotta get outta this place'.
#Beebot

curlybee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:And now McGhee says we are behind the curve on transfers, despite saying we needed to strengthen the squad before the transfer window was even open.

Really! I can't believe some comments on here at time. Of course people at the club do!

I'm actually enjoying reading TK's responses and think it is great that he is taking the time to respond. Not everyone will like what he says or agree.

James Thorne - taking into account his position is a lot clearer, I think he has been given a lot of harsh criticism. It sounds like he overseas the Hive operation and not just player recruitment as everyone assumed.

Mark McGhee - I seem to recall reading / listening to an interview somewhere that he was originally brought in above Rossi to help and guide him. At about the same time Rossi stepped down and MM took over. It sounds like there is movement on the new head coach and that maybe legalities / formalities are taking longer to complete for some reason. I'm sure all will be revealed once the head coach is announced.

TK - If anyone has ever talked to him. He has about 30+ business that he has an interest in outside of Barnet FC. Some of these use the Hive facilities like the motor cycle training school. Possibly they pay a hire fee to Barnet - who knows. All I know is that since the move to the Hive, Barnet has grown as a club financially. And for that I thank TK. Without this and if we were still at Underhill we would most probably be in the national league. But then again I expect a number of people on here would prefer this.

TK would prefer Barnet to play in Barnet. Having talked to him about the development previously I asked about corporate boxes. His response was being outside Barnet the club finds it difficult to get local business to sponsor anything let alone trying to sell corporate boxes so this is low down on the nice to have list.

I've been following the Bees for 36 years now. I remember the struggles of the club. I now for my sins live in Stevenage and have no issue driving to every home game. Having to park my car to get a train to London for £7 a day and hoping it still has wheels when I return, I don't consider the cost of parking at Barnet to be an issue other do. But you have a choice, I actually arrive in plenty of time to find somewhere in the local area to park for free.

I'm most probably in the wrong place as i'm upbeat about the club! Yes we are bottom but with players coming back (like a new signing) i'm sure we will start to move upwards.
I think you're the only one who is still optimistic tbh. With respect, which players specifically are coming back from injury who are going to drag us out of this? Curtis can't do it all himself, and he's generally inconsistent anyway, at the best of times.

If TK really was on top of everything, why wasn't a new manager appointed last week? This situation is urgent. We have two and a half weeks left to get all our transfer business sorted. Why are we dithering? Why does nobody at the club see how urgent this is? There seems to be a meek acceptance that we won't see another manager for another few weeks. That means no time for them to bring anyone in. Why were we content to throw away 9 points over Christmas while we gave MM time he didn't deserve, and potentially 6/9 more until someone new comes in? Why is a failed manager in charge of the search for a new one?

If we go down - and I think we will - this period of dithering will be looked back on as utterly inexplicable. Many clubs in the division already have some significant transfer business done. We're "behind the curve". Not good enough.
dawat

curlybee wrote:[
I'm most probably in the wrong place as i'm upbeat about the club! Yes we are bottom but with players coming back (like a new signing) i'm sure we will start to move upwards.
Have I missed something? Apart from Weston, all the players coming back from injury this year have been back for a few weeks now and as expected have taken time to get back to match fitness and regain their full confidence and ability. Even when Weston returns, I do not expect him to make an immediate impact (after his extended layoff) against opponents who will at least be fully match fit.
ricardobee

"What dick asked this question?"

Wasn't this one, I love a bit of slash!
shankbee01

curlybee wrote:

Really! I can't believe some comments on here at time. Of course people at the club do!

I'm actually enjoying reading TK's responses and think it is great that he is taking the time to respond. Not everyone will like what he says or agree.

James Thorne - taking into account his position is a lot clearer, I think he has been given a lot of harsh criticism. It sounds like he overseas the Hive operation and not just player recruitment as everyone assumed.

Mark McGhee - I seem to recall reading / listening to an interview somewhere that he was originally brought in above Rossi to help and guide him. At about the same time Rossi stepped down and MM took over. It sounds like there is movement on the new head coach and that maybe legalities / formalities are taking longer to complete for some reason. I'm sure all will be revealed once the head coach is announced.

TK - If anyone has ever talked to him. He has about 30+ business that he has an interest in outside of Barnet FC. Some of these use the Hive facilities like the motor cycle training school. Possibly they pay a hire fee to Barnet - who knows. All I know is that since the move to the Hive, Barnet has grown as a club financially. And for that I thank TK. Without this and if we were still at Underhill we would most probably be in the national league. But then again I expect a number of people on here would prefer this.

TK would prefer Barnet to play in Barnet. Having talked to him about the development previously I asked about corporate boxes. His response was being outside Barnet the club finds it difficult to get local business to sponsor anything let alone trying to sell corporate boxes so this is low down on the nice to have list.

I've been following the Bees for 36 years now. I remember the struggles of the club. I now for my sins live in Stevenage and have no issue driving to every home game. Having to park my car to get a train to London for £7 a day and hoping it still has wheels when I return, I don't consider the cost of parking at Barnet to be an issue other do. But you have a choice, I actually arrive in plenty of time to find somewhere in the local area to park for free.

Image. Please post more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MCB

Calls to replace Guns and Roses and merge with Borehamwood? And we think the chairman has problems?!
curlybee

dawat wrote:
curlybee wrote:[
Have I missed something? Apart from Weston, all the players coming back from injury this year have been back for a few weeks now and as expected have taken time to get back to match fitness and regain their full confidence and ability. Even when Weston returns, I do not expect him to make an immediate impact (after his extended layoff) against opponents who will at least be fully match fit.
Yes Curtis is one who i think we have missed more than he gets credit for on this message board.

Brindley & Akinde have been back for a short while and just about getting back to speed. Both will be assets in the coming months that we have missed.
Bee52

Agree with John_c - What dick asked this question?!!!!!!
Bee52

Agree with John_c - What dick asked this question?!!!!!!
Monsieur Abeille

curlybee wrote:

Well said that man
pgbee

The same questions keep coming up and we get the same platitudes back, pointless exercise.
Oor Wullie

I think the Chairman's Q & A is an excellent initiative; there are plenty of club chairman who would never even consider such an undertaking.

The answers given by Mr Kleanthous also illustrate which questions/suggestions he will act on and those where his answer appears a tad evasive - and thus highlights areas for supporters to keep an eye on.

One definite downside to the Q & A is Mr K`s willingness to answer questions about the team. Not his remit surely and such comments seem a sure fire way to annoy his team management people.
South_Belfast_Bee

We're now up to Q90, although I suspect this might be wound up before questions about the latest managerial appointment are raised!
BeesKnees

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:We're now up to Q90, although I suspect this might be wound up before questions about the latest managerial appointment are raised!
I think he screwed up on question 89