A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
NoMagRyan

Re: A Q and A Invitation from Tony Kleanthous

MCB wrote:As for the 2nd, it shows an ignorance of the difference between minimum wage and London living wage.

If he's reading, here's more details, it's fairly common knowledge: https://www.livingwage.org.uk/calculation

It equates to £3000 more than what you were advertising the main marketing job as going for...

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/janu ... ers-41-50/
I'm glad this question was answered (again, thought this was a great question MCB) but disappointed with his answer. I'm not as cynical about TK as most on here seem to be but it did strike me as something of a politician's answer, as I strongly doubt someone in his position would be unaware of what London living wage is.
Norfolkbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
markobee wrote:To rudebwoyben. Write 'No', if you wish. But TK says (in his Answer to Q49) that the other clubs (including Fleetwood Town) "are owned by seriously wealthy people with much larger fan bases".
I've not disputed Fleetwood Town's 'wealthy' owner.
But I am disputing Fleetwood Town's "much larger fan base".
I doubt Pilley is wealthier than TK.
I've always thought of TK as a lower league version of Bill Kenwright at Everton - a wealthy and keen fan, who lacks the real financial clout to move the club on to the next level. That's why Kenwright brought in new investment after the fans started to get on his back.
NoMagRyan

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest 10 being the highest) how would you rate the following aspects of the club?

- How is the relationship between club & fans?
8. We have regular meetings and dialogue although there are a vociferous minority who seem to relish any opportunity to bash the Club and will probably get upset that this has even been mentioned.

- How would you rate the match day experience?
Depends if you include results. With results 2 without 7.

- How would you rate our season so far?

- How would you rate the value for money Barnet F.C. provide on a match day compared to other sports events?
6-10 depending on the package you attend on. For instance, the club and school package is one of the best around and our concession prices are pretty good too with discounts right up to 21 years.
My head is spinning reading this. Surely match day experience with results would be higher than without?
Jon83

Mark McGhee is in fact our manager......

Sorry if my earlier note was not clear. Mark McGhee is our current manager and agreed to cover this role temporarily whilst we looked for a new Head Coach. There will be more news on this in the coming weeks.
#Beebot

Jon83 wrote:Mark McGhee is in fact our manager......

Sorry if my earlier note was not clear. Mark McGhee is our current manager and agreed to cover this role temporarily whilst we looked for a new Head Coach. There will be more news on this in the coming weeks.
We don't have weeks. This should have been sorted a few days ago at the latest.

I can't believe TK thinks it's okay for us to just dither on this. For this reason I'm not as excited about new signings as many on here are because they won't be made by someone who will be coaching the team beyond the next few weeks.
barnetpete

Questions 51-60.... sorry but the man’s cookoo if he thinks his ratings on the match day experience and the relationship with the fans is that good. I’ve been a staunch defender of the club over the years but am amazed with his lack of connect and understanding on the current situation.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
LoudmouthBFC

rudebwoyben wrote:
markobee wrote:To rudebwoyben. Write 'No', if you wish. But TK says (in his Answer to Q49) that the other clubs (including Fleetwood Town) "are owned by seriously wealthy people with much larger fan bases".
I've not disputed Fleetwood Town's 'wealthy' owner.
But I am disputing Fleetwood Town's "much larger fan base".
Oh yeah, I agree with you on that. As I said, without Piley they wouldn’t even make National League North level.
I’d rather not have a sugar daddy owner please.
I did find hilarious that the questioner stated that “even” Bristol Rovers had achieved more than us. Is this an inversion of this board’s “Absolutely massive Bristol Rovers meme”? :laugh:

That was my questions, and reason I said Bristol Rovers was because not long ago they was going toe to toe with us for the Conference. We only won it by 1 point in the end (even though our goal difference was much higher) only 1 year later, where we are both in league 2. They finished 3rd got promoted why we finished 15th. Fast forward 3 years they now sit 15th in league 1 and we are bottom of the football league.
mcleod23

In the coming weeks? Please, what a joke. Does he not grasp the need for urgency?
LeftSideRun

mcleod23 wrote:In the coming weeks? Please, what a joke. Does he not grasp the need for urgency?
Obviously he's working to get it done asap, just covering himself in case things don't go smoothly.
Jon83

mcleod23 wrote:In the coming weeks? Please, what a joke. Does he not grasp the need for urgency?
I think that has been the general tone of his responses. I appreciate we are fans and there is 'panic' amongst us when looking at the current league table / our recent performances and that he needs to show calm etc but there's something 'off' about most of the responses, from the manager situation (which has already gone on for weeks) to the hut catering situation (where the new suppliers have already been here for a couple of months yet they still cant organise to have enough mars bars for sale!).

There certainly seems to be disconnect between fans and the club/chairman. Which is worrying.
StephenM

On the flip side, does he rush the appointment and end up with another sub standard person or make sure he gets the correct person for the job,if it takes one week or eight weeks.
jerroll

StephenM wrote:
On the flip side, does he rush the appointment and end up with another sub standard person or make sure he gets the correct person for the job,if it takes one week or eight weeks.
Agree but how frustrating would it be if he gets the correct person but runs out of games to save our backside.
Norfolkbee

Sorry, but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that they have no idea where they are going next. MM is there and they are hoping for a drastic turnaround. Maybe there might be a signing or two to deflect attention elsewhere, but I'm not holding my breath over that either.
#Beebot

StephenM wrote:
The process should have started weeks ago, if he's rushing it now it's his fault.

A new manager needs the next couple of weeks to bring in his own players.
BeeBoi1980

#Beebot wrote:
StephenM wrote:
The process should have started weeks ago, if he's rushing it now it's his fault.

A new manager needs the next couple of weeks to bring in his own players.
I guess given previous responses to the Q&A the Head Coach wouldn't be responsible for bringing players in, so in this sense (and only this sense) the timing of the appointment to Head Coach wouldn't be constrained by giving time for that individual to bring in their own players. In reality you would hope the man who picks the team would have a say on who he wants to bring in beyond identifying positions in the squad where we are short.