Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetjohn

Re: Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

Beesting wrote:
barnetjohn wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Hope those kids turn up at Cheltenham but I doubt their oyster card stretches that far

Yes it was cringey and the abuse of the keeper was utterly ridiculous but they deserve points for effort.

If they did goad Weston in to a response who I thought was magnificent then this is a shame as it demeans the away support.

Players can't be expected to bottle up their emotions as easily as those kids bottle up their clearosil and lynx aftershave for away games.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I’m 18, and wasn’t part of the large congregation but very near, but the patronising way some of you are speaking about the group of fans who sang the loudest, all the way through the game is just incredible really.

Complain about the atmosphere, then when the fans try and provide some - including a bit of banter with the keeper - still complain and belittle them.

Our dwindling fanbase needs young passionate fans like these, not soft, boring, miserable gits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abusing their keeper wasn't clever or funny. It's great that people want to try to get some atmosphere going and but the best way to do that that is to get behind our team rather than abusing their keeper. Start singing some Barnet songs and people will likely join in- giving hte keeper some abuse won't get people joining in.
I'm sure their keeper slept fine last night, so I'm not totally sure why you're harping on about it. He knows the business he's in, I'm sure bigger followings give him a lot more abuse at a larger volume. If you're offended by it then you shouldn't go to football matches. I do not partake in the abuse but I don't see a problem with it.
My point is that if you want to generate atmosphere there are better ways to do it than abusing the opposition keeper.
CrawleyBee

I used to abuse opposition players as a younger lad. Until I realised what a tit I looked. They will grow up I am sure, doubt the keeper could care less.
Formerly Watfordbee
barnetjohn

watfordbee wrote:I used to abuse opposition players as a younger lad. Until I realised what a tit I looked. They will grow up I am sure, doubt the keeper could care less.
Well said.
barnetpete

Having off putting banter with the keeper is much better. Still reckon Shane Gore only signed for us because he got a soft spot for us after the friendly ‘abuse’ he was given in a PSF when he was at MK Dons.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
letchbee94

watfordbee wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Sule looked alright when he came on, Weston had a good 60 mins, he has been missed.

Again played ok in first half playing some ok football, created some chances but giving the keeper little to worry about apart from Jack Taylor effort in first half.
It same old story though every game. Cant fault players efforts though.
Never doubt they give it their all, just not good enough.
Yep.
amberforever

Really dont know how Loudmouth can approach his vlog on this one......very difficult all round.
Bee_Forever

Ross - 6 - not much he could do for either goal

Brindley - 6 - Did not do much wrong but failed to reproduce the same performance as vs swindon

Blackman - 2 - utterly awful. Offers no protection and both goals came from his side.

Nelson - 38

Santos - 4 - confidence looks shot

Weston - 7 - Did well half fit

Clough - 5 - looked like a centre half. Tactical madness from McGhee

Taylor- 6 - ran gamely decent shot

JCR - 5 - Slowed down play magnificently

Coulthirst -5- looks utterly lost on the wing ether drop him or play him up front instead of...

Akinde -5 - offered nothing. McGhee seems incapable of getting the best out of him and he has not been the same same since the injury

Massive problems in the team and the manger. Can't see them being fixed in time to save our league status.

Worrying times.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
jamiefrbees

At least the Loudmouth relegation day vlog will provide some entertainment/catharsis
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:There really isn't even a fine dividing line between banter and abuse. And to dress up nasty verbal abuse as banter is pathetic. Walk into a bank or a restaurant and start singing abuse at a clerk or a waiter and tell me what the difference is? You just wouldn't do it, it's bizarre! But some justify it because the person on the end of the abuse carries out their employment on a football pitch. Barnet fans have a history of respecting oppo goalkeepers in the main so let's keep it that way.
Exactly right.
Besides which, why care in any respect about the opposition keeper? I wasn't at Crawley but I very much doubt that it was his fault that we didn't score.
I always dislike it when our fans sing songs to criticise other teams. Not because I'm being a Goody Two Shoes but because I can't see how that helps our players. Surely we should be getting behind our players. Isn't that what supporting your team is about - support?

Earlier this season we had some good hearted banter at Brighton about their full back Bong. That's a world of difference away from abusing the opposition.
LoudmouthBFC

Crawley Town F.C. 2 v Barnet F.C. 0 | Give the dog a home | Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGwrjgmIKYs
pauln50

First time I have watched your blog, just off to shoot myself :geahh:
Fair play to anyone who actually pays to go and watch these games
BEEGONE

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Crawley Town F.C. 2 v Barnet F.C. 0 | Give the dog a home | Matchday Vlog

Wonderful last monologue about the club blaming the fans for this mess.

The insinuating in the past few weeks from the club that we are to blame,would result in protests, walk outs and boycotts at many clubs.

The whole club owe us an apology for this but we all know they don't care if we turn up or not. (the gate money only pays2 wages remember). We are nothing short of an inconvenience to the club now.
Norfolk & Chance

That was pretty powerful stuff, particularly the 'not our fault' montage.

I doubt anyone at the club will see it but they should ALL watch it, including Beavis and Butthead.
RichardM

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Crawley Town F.C. 2 v Barnet F.C. 0 | Give the dog a home | Matchday Vlog

Very disappointed that you had to include Andrew Adie in your montage. You obviously know nothing about Andrew's role at the club during the 21 years he was at the club until he left at Christmas. I can assure you he made absolutely no contribution towards the mess that the club is now in.
LoudmouthBFC

RichardM wrote:

Very disappointed that you had to include Andrew Adie in your montage. You obviously know nothing about Andrew's role at the club during the 21 years he was at the club until he left at Christmas. I can assure you he made absolutely no contribution towards the mess that the club is now in.

Every member of staff at the club has let us fans down so far this season, that starts from the chairman down to the bar staff.