Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnet1958

Re: Crawley (Away) The Flightless Chicken Match Thread

Golf Delta wrote:Moses would be proud - http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 2-0-barnet
Embarassing. The defence has been a shambles this season despite working hard in training. Slow, can't defend free kicks or long balls. We need to do what we did years ago and get someone in who knows a little bit about defending (Don Howe) to help out the manager.
Psycho

What went off at the final whistle when Curtis Weston came over to the away end? It looked like some of the Stone Island teens were getting pretty angry? Hopefully not another stupid statement issued by the club where they say they need our support? Time is running out.
barnet34

For goodness sake TK show some intent " like now "
ninestein

We are fast turning into what Newport were last season. Looking down and out, albeit we don't have the tide to contend with...

People calling for Nelson to have a go. I can see the logic, he seems to be doing a good job organising the U23 side, but is he the long term solution for next season if he pulls off the great escape?

In his favour, he's a strong character, interviews well, knows about this division and what it takes to compete...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees99

pgbee wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:
pgbee wrote:The other embarrassment is the so called young fans just hurling obscenities at the keeper for no reason. Sad and pathetic!
Seriously? This is football, and fans will be fans. Grow a pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ooooooooh such a big boy, I hope you pass your GCSEs. What a coherently structured justification! Stewards should have chucked them (you) out for foul and abusive language. Apologies for using words of more than 4 letters. I hope you understand.
I can’t believe what I’m reading... chucked out for foul language? Fans caught in ‘using swear words shocker’.

I did pretty well in my GCSEs and A Levels for that matter, and I’m sorry you can’t handle a bit of banter that isn’t PG.

Wasn’t even mainly me joining in.

Bee_Forever

Hope those kids turn up at Cheltenham but I doubt their oyster card stretches that far

Yes it was cringey and the abuse of the keeper was utterly ridiculous but they deserve points for effort.

If they did goad Weston in to a response who I thought was magnificent then this is a shame as it demeans the away support.

Players can't be expected to bottle up their emotions as easily as those kids bottle up their clearosil and lynx aftershave for away games.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Milkfloat

This lot are not the worst group of players that we have had by any means. Confidence is just completely shot. With perhaps a couple of additions to the team and a manager who can instill some belief, the same group of players could actually dig us out of this mess.
BeesKnees99

Bee_Forever wrote:Hope those kids turn up at Cheltenham but I doubt their oyster card stretches that far

Yes it was cringey and the abuse of the keeper was utterly ridiculous but they deserve points for effort.

If they did goad Weston in to a response who I thought was magnificent then this is a shame as it demeans the away support.

Players can't be expected to bottle up their emotions as easily as those kids bottle up their clearosil and lynx aftershave for away games.

I’m 18, and wasn’t part of the large congregation but very near, but the patronising way some of you are speaking about the group of fans who sang the loudest, all the way through the game is just incredible really.

Complain about the atmosphere, then when the fans try and provide some - including a bit of banter with the keeper - still complain and belittle them.

Our dwindling fanbase needs young passionate fans like these, not soft, boring, miserable gits.

letchbee94

Sule looked alright when he came on, Weston had a good 60 mins, he has been missed.

Again played ok in first half playing some ok football, created some chances but giving the keeper little to worry about apart from Jack Taylor effort in first half.
It same old story though every game. Cant fault players efforts though.
CrawleyBee

letchbee94 wrote:Sule looked alright when he came on, Weston had a good 60 mins, he has been missed.

Again played ok in first half playing some ok football, created some chances but giving the keeper little to worry about apart from Jack Taylor effort in first half.
It same old story though every game. Cant fault players efforts though.
Never doubt they give it their all, just not good enough.
Formerly Watfordbee
adher36

Milkfloat wrote:This lot are not the worst group of players that we have had by any means.
Oh yes they are! Totally wrong to think otherwise.
barnetjohn

beesknees99 wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Hope those kids turn up at Cheltenham but I doubt their oyster card stretches that far

I’m 18, and wasn’t part of the large congregation but very near, but the patronising way some of you are speaking about the group of fans who sang the loudest, all the way through the game is just incredible really.

Complain about the atmosphere, then when the fans try and provide some - including a bit of banter with the keeper - still complain and belittle them.

Our dwindling fanbase needs young passionate fans like these, not soft, boring, miserable gits.

Abusing their keeper wasn't clever or funny. It's great that people want to try to get some atmosphere going and but the best way to do that that is to get behind our team rather than abusing their keeper. Start singing some Barnet songs and people will likely join in- giving hte keeper some abuse won't get people joining in.
Beesting

barnetjohn wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:

Abusing their keeper wasn't clever or funny. It's great that people want to try to get some atmosphere going and but the best way to do that that is to get behind our team rather than abusing their keeper. Start singing some Barnet songs and people will likely join in- giving hte keeper some abuse won't get people joining in.
I'm sure their keeper slept fine last night, so I'm not totally sure why you're harping on about it. He knows the business he's in, I'm sure bigger followings give him a lot more abuse at a larger volume. If you're offended by it then you shouldn't go to football matches. I do not partake in the abuse but I don't see a problem with it.
Norfolk & Chance

There really isn't even a fine dividing line between banter and abuse. And to dress up nasty verbal abuse as banter is pathetic. Walk into a bank or a restaurant and start singing abuse at a clerk or a waiter and tell me what the difference is? You just wouldn't do it, it's bizarre! But some justify it because the person on the end of the abuse carries out their employment on a football pitch. Barnet fans have a history of respecting oppo goalkeepers in the main so let's keep it that way.
BeesKnees99

Beesting is absolutely right. If you can’t handle a few tame chants with some naughty words that take the biscuit out of the keeper, goodness knows what kind of sheltered life you lead.