TK ACT NOW

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

TK ACT NOW

What actually has to go on footballing wise for him to do something? Drives me f****** mad.

Does he actually care what league we are in? Honestly.

Seems like a broken record, but we have to have a new manager by Saturday (actually tomorrow morning). Give it to Allen, he's the only one who can save us and would want to. No other f***** is going to touch it with a bargepole.

Lincoln are absolutely going to take us to the cleaners. TK please do something.
waldenbee

Re: TK ACT NOW

MA? Have some pride man! I'd rather get relegated. Apart from the fact he's a twat, have you forgotten how shit he was last time.
I would never give the club my money while he was in charge.
#Beebot

waldenbee wrote:MA? Have some pride man! I'd rather get relegated. Apart from the fact he's a twat, have you forgotten how shit he was last time.
I would never give the club my money while he was in charge.
I don't necessarily think MA is the right man but what's going on now is far more embarrassing for the club than an MA return.
mcleod23

Yes Walden, Martin Allen. What a ridiculous idea to suggest a bloke with his track record of keeping teams up. So shit he had us outside the play offs. I know where I would rather be and who in charge right now.
ninestein

If what McGhee said was true in his pre-match interview, he already has his shortlist and wants to be sure there is no-one else he can add to that list before offering it. That's fair enough, but we're running out of time.

Last time MA dug us out of a hole he was able to call upon last minute signings and loans to freshen up the squad. Once the window shuts the new man will be limited to unattached players now that the loan window is gone.

This is a real dilemma because we know MA could achieve safety with his track record. On thd flip side, we deliberately tried to move on last year when several components of his squad were offloaded. We allowed some of the important cogs in the machine to go, like Togwell. If the rumour he turned us down is true, i can only assume its because

A. He feels the nucleus of the squad would fail him
or
B. He feels he cannot work with the Director of Football setup. He's old school and would prefer to manage a club when he has full say over incoming and outgoing players, can go out and interview players in the van (his own story).
Or
C. His health is stopping him from taking another position, hence why he's not cropped up anywhere after Eastleigh.

One thing's for sure, the club has to act this week. If McGhee needs a clue what o recruit, he should look no further than the opposition dug-out on Saturday, and in particular the Cowley brothers. Although we're unlikely to recruit them specifically, there's the template for success. Young, hungry, astute at setting the side up to be physical, difficult to beat, yet have enough 'oomph' about themselves when attacking.

Several people sounded them out a while ago. Why don't we ever get people like that in the first place?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
waldenbee

Yes Walden, Martin Allen. What a ridiculous idea to suggest a bloke with his track record of keeping teams up. So shit he had us outside the play offs. I know where I would rather be and who in charge right now.

Ridiculous idea to suggest a man who has shit on us more than once and would do it again like a shot, no morals and to me some things are more important than winning
hoofer2

I expect TK has been acting now, but no-one in their right mind will join us in this position. I expect coaches talk and will know we have had a high turnaround of coaches
jamiefrbees

waldenbee wrote:Yes Walden, Martin Allen. What a ridiculous idea to suggest a bloke with his track record of keeping teams up. So shit he had us outside the play offs. I know where I would rather be and who in charge right now.

Ridiculous idea to suggest a man who has shit on us more than once and would do it again like a shot, no morals and to me some things are more important than winning
Come off it mate, he's not your girlfriend

This is football. Everyone knows it's a fickle sport. League 2 status - now that's something to be (semi) proud of
Devon_Bee

Offer Gary Waddock what it needs to get him, based on a 750k bonus if he keeps us up. It'll still be 250k less than relegation.

We need change now, not in February.
HertsBee

Players have come and gone, managers have come and gone but still we are no better off. So maybe the problem lies at the top. We were quite a successful Non-League Team but have never got it right in the FL. In the Q&A, TK makes reference to the fact that if we go down, it won't be such a disaster. I wanted to hear him say we can't go down, or we won't go down, but No he just meekly gives the impression it doesn't really matter. He inspires no confidence, and to be honest, his demeanour gives no confidence. I agree we can all pick better players, better managers or better teams so why does TK get it so hopelessly wrong every time? The growing Empire of the Hive is obviously getting to much for TK to handle alone, so why doesn't he either get some people on board to help, or sell off the Football side to someone else who knows what they are doing. If we have the 10th best budget, then why are we 24th. Surely clubs like Accy, Morecambe, Newport, Cheltenham aren't wealthier than us, so why do they do better. Non-League beckons for next season, and if offers come in for some of our players I can see TK cashing in, ready to invest in next seasons promotion push(oh, I forgot we were supposed to be having one this season)
amberforever

Reading between the lines of Q&A's.......To TK, It would appear: relegation wouldn't be a disaster, in fact, a more moderately successful season would result in better gates. After all, football isn't the only aspect of THL business. We've realised we cannot be a strong L2 side with the current set up/players, it just isn't working for us. We might as well all accept it.
peterstebbings

I agree - comes across strongly in the Q+A from TK that relegation wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. That surely explains the lack of urgency in getting MM out.

Unless I'm mistaken, did MM talk about League One as the longer term goal in his interview after the game?

At least he's keeping a sense of humour.
john dockers shorts

I think we need to add a little perspective to all of this.

Relegation does not mean we go bust!

I want to watch us win football games and we will do this in the conference.

What is so great about league 2???
LeicesterBee

john dockers shorts wrote:I think we need to add a little perspective to all of this.

Relegation does not mean we go bust!

I want to watch us win football games and we will do this in the conference.

What is so great about league 2???
Why don’t we go the whole hog and drop down to the Isthmian League. That way we can win every game 6-0 and keep the 150 fans happy.
john dockers shorts

Okay