TK & MM - appoint someone this week or else

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetjohn

Re: TK & MM - appoint someone this week or else

I am not generally a fan of posts which set up a set of ultimatum of "what will happen" if the club fails to do something by a certain date.

But I think I broadly agree with Guiseley Bee here. The closing of the transfer and loan window is really key. It clearly haven't worked out under McGhee and we need to bring in a new manager ASAP so that they're is time to do business before the window shuts. There's 20 games left which is quite a lot of footy but our chances of escaping depend a lot on strengthening the squad.

If sounds like TK had been busy behind the scenes but if rumours are true we've been knocked back by MA and/or Waddock. If so, then we need to get our skates onto appoint a successor.
rudebwoyben

BEEGONE wrote:
beew wrote:Sol Campbell was on Talksport earlier this morning. He's looking for an opportunity to manage in the EFL. Didn't someone spot him at the Hive recently?
That's genuinely more frightening then MM staying till the end of the season :huh:
Yes, Sol Campbell has always come across as the type of guy who can readily build a warm bond with the players and fans! :laugh:
NorthFinchleyBee

It's difficult to say anything positive. The trouble is that things have been difficult with McGhee's management of the team since before Christmas, and yet we are now in the middle of January and he is still at the helm. Four or five games ago I'd have given us a chance with a new manager and say 9/10 wins from 24/5 odd games. Now I think it's going to be tall order. It's just very sad what has happened. So much promise and yet we are in a situation where we are facing automatic relegation and seem to be doing so without much fight.
Norfolk & Chance

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:It's difficult to say anything positive. The trouble is that things have been difficult with McGhee's management of the team since before Christmas, and yet we are now in the middle of January and he is still at the helm. Four or five games ago I'd have given us a chance with a new manager and say 9/10 wins from 24/5 odd games. Now I think it's going to be tall order. It's just very sad what has happened. So much promise and yet we are in a situation where we are facing automatic relegation and seem to be doing so without much fight.

And the even scarier thing is, 4 teams get relegated from the conference!!
Jon83

A club recognising its mistake - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687587

All this nonsense about MM being technical director etc etc. When Rossi resigned/left/got sacked, MM came in to be our manager and that has proved disastrous.
Norfolkbee

Jon83 wrote:A club recognising its mistake - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687587

All this nonsense about MM being technical director etc etc. When Rossi resigned/left/got sacked, MM came in to be our manager and that has proved disastrous.
So Chris Lucketti it is, then? Would certainly match the Barnet profile.
ninestein

Interesting answer from TK on the latest round of Q&A...

80 - Have you or anyone else from the club phoned "Mad Dog" about the vacant head coaching position? I'm starting to miss him!

Martin and I are in regular contact and he wishes us all well.

Deliberately side-stepped the part about being coach... one wonders... or maybe not!
Last edited by ninestein on 15 Jan 2018, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

It's Graham Westley!!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
torontobee

ninestein wrote:It's Graham Westley!!

OMG - I thought you were joking and then checked the main site.

The club truly do want to piss off the few supporters they have left.

Wow. :shock: :shock: :shock:
rudebwoyben

Bet you wished you hadn’t laid down that challenge to TK now!