The voice of reason. Mr Westley.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
foxy

Re: The voice of reason. Mr Westley.

John10 wrote: You aren't FC Barnetlona. .
We used to bee :*(: :*(: :*(: :*(: :*(: :*(: :*(: :*(: :*(: :*(:
natwilk

I don't have the angst about westley, I guess it was all before my time. But on balance I think we have a decent squad so if he can put a rocket under them and get a bit of commitment and energy going, that's fine by me.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
Tuesds

John10 wrote:You have a great lovely training ground but you always seem to be struggling and fighting for relegation. Quite clearly the way the club is run is wrong, I mean Martin Allen basically had no employed scouts, a thread bare coaching staff yet the money goes on stupid positions like commercial roles etc before sorting out the playing squad.
Hi John

I don’t disagree with all that you say by any means, but in respect of the above...

Under Martin allen we finished 1st in the Conference, 15th out of 24 in League 2 (with a very healthy 63 points) and were then 8th when he left around a third of the way into last season. Something was going right, and ‘the money’ was going on securing the services of the best striker in the division on a three year contract, for example.

It’s clear that we’re spending loads on the playing staff this season, certainly compared to our own past and compared to other ‘smaller’ clubs in the division. The abysmal form is down to a couple of duff managerial appointments, and in particular the worst injury crisis I’ve ever known in nearly 30 years following this club coinciding with the early months of a promising but inexperienced manager’s first few months in the role.
#Beebot

You're either trolling or have paid no attention whatsoever to anything Westley has done since his first spell at Stevenage.

Anyone who thinks this could be a good appointment needs to look at what happened at Preston and Newport. Very similar recent career to MM, only an even more detestable person.
natwilk

So does this mean that mr mcgoo has gone? Or are we paying for a dof as well as a manager?
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
rudebwoyben

natwilk wrote:So does this mean that mr mcgoo has gone? Or are we paying for a dof as well as a manager?
Still here, like some Football equivalent of Heathcliff usurping the club.
LeftSideRun

#Beebot wrote:You're either trolling or have paid no attention whatsoever to anything Westley has done since his first spell at Stevenage.
Second spell, I think you mean (when he apparently had a 54% win ratio and won the Conference).
Monsieur Abeille

John10 wrote: .... What do you want, some sort of Spanish or Dutch new breed coach who wants to play technical football and get you relegated?
Well it was nice while it lasted, and Davids nearly kept us up.