I'm going full Wessle - who's in?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

Re: I'm going full Wessle - who's in?

Time to get behind him. There is no use in not.
#Beebot

I will reluctantly be getting behind him. It's a hideous appointment and more likely than not disastrous, but on the off chance he nails it like he did at Stevenage I'll be behind him for now.
Itai-bee

In My experience of watching League 2 football.
Organisation, desire and hard work. Plus lots of gamesmanship are the ingredients you mainly need.
I see some of our players coming of the pitch after playing 90 mins of football. Some of them look like they’ve just taken the dog for a walk.
beew

beew wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
ninestein wrote:Besides, when he took Stevenage up, he had the likes of Joel Byrom in midfield. Hardly a strapping 6 footer.
Sorry to be pernickety, especially as I agree entirely with the thrust of your post (however painful it all is), but a strapping 6-footer is exactly what Joel Byrom is. And he was the 'little man' in their midfield duo, with the 6'3" Michael Bostwick alongisde him.

There's no denying that was a seriously 'robust' and uncomplicated Stevenage team. None of which is to say I wouldn't be happy if we were to emulate their results for the remainder of this season!
Ah yes that Bostwick chap. Always was an admirer of his ability to control a midfield which he did several times against us. Probably be doing it again on Saturday unless he's injured.
Just a thought....maybe Westley will make a move for Bostwick in a swap deal with Akinola.
Harps62

The original poster mentioned Conor Washington.
Westley had nothing to do with him at County.
That was the days of Justin Edinburgh.
Westley couldn't find a gem if he tried.
Wonder if his side kick Dino is on the way to you also?
MCB

Harps62 wrote:The original poster mentioned Conor Washington.
Westley had nothing to do with him at County.
That was the days of Justin Edinburgh.
Westley couldn't find a gem if he tried.
Wonder if his side kick Dino is on the way to you also?
That was me, and I wasn't talking about you!
GW:
Conor Washington was not in the struggling Peterborough United League 1 team when I joined POSH on September 21 2015.

In January 2016, Conor scored to knock Preston North End out of the FA Cup and was subsequently sold to Queens Park Rangers in a multi-million-pound deal. In March 2016 he scored his first international goal for Northern Ireland and on June 12 made his first competitive appearance for his country at the 2016 Euros. His transformation came about by working with the Atelier Formula. The striker is in no doubt about the cause of his huge improvement.

CW:
“It is simple really; Graham made it clear that I would never become bigger than the ambitions that I truly desired for myself. He measured desire in terms of how open minded I was prepared to be in my learning and how hard I was prepared to work to get better. He then pointed me at 7 key areas and gave me a view on what I could be much better at in each of those areas. I took the advice and the goals started coming. I surprised myself at how good I became. Becoming much better was not easy but it was massively rewarding and I am a huge advocate of Graham’s philosophy”
jamiefrbees

We're so staying up it's ridiculous

Playoffs next year. Can such a bet be placed on next year's playoffs yet?
BEE428

I actually feel a bit more optimistic now, and as someone said in another thread "He maybe a twat but he's our twat" lol
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
Harps62

If that idiot Westley (that's how 99% of County fans think of him) can convince Connor that his career is down to him its all over.
The fella is so up his own backside. "Atelier Formula" I'll have a pint of that!
Remember going to a Supporters meeting which he took over totally, nobody else including the board got a look in.
We all came out thinking this fella can do a job for us.
How wrong we were.
Newport 0 - Orient Youth 4 followed not long after.
His head was below his waste as he slumped off the pitch as quick as his legs could take him.
Even then he blamed everybody apart from himself to the press.
Norfolk & Chance

jamiefrbees wrote:We're so staying up it's ridiculous

Playoffs next year. Can such a bet be placed on next year's playoffs yet?
Only by people with more money than sense.

No offence.
letchbee94

I agree we just got to see how it goes. We wanted McGhee gone and we got our wish.
becbee

hoofer2 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Itai-bee wrote:Players are worked too hard??
Sorry. That’s nonsense.
In the modern game this weak mentality as crept in.Give players a excuse and they will jump on it.
They are paid professional athletes.
They can’t play 2 games in a week. They are trained too hard. Those are the types of players you don’t want.
A complete myth in my opinion.
This is not true, anyone with a background in sports science can tell you about the impact of fatigue on performance and injuries etc.
Forest, Villa, Liverpool winning multiple European Cups didn't have a problem with it - especially in the era of multiple FA Cup replays
Oh yes, the game was wonderful in those days. Players given injections pre match to get them through the 90 minutes, only 1 substitute so injured players being told to "run it off". You quote Liverpool - what about their captain Tommy Smith who in later life was barely able to walk and ended up on invalidity benefit?
amberforever

With MCB on this one: we have no choice, we are between a rock and a hard place: Im totally behind him until it's proven wrong.
foxy

Harps62 wrote:If that idiot Westley (that's how 99% of County fans think of him) can convince Connor that his career is down to him its all over.
The fella is so up his own backside. "Atelier Formula" I'll have a pint of that!
Remember going to a Supporters meeting which he took over totally, nobody else including the board got a look in.
We all came out thinking this fella can do a job for us.
How wrong we were.
Newport 0 - Orient Youth 4 followed not long after.
His head was below his waste as he slumped off the pitch as quick as his legs could take him.
Even then he blamed everybody apart from himself to the press.
you clearly don't like the bloke mate, you have told us enough times.... Go away now please

Back to the topic, I am in... Just a real shame we couldnt get him in before the Crawley game as that should have been a good place to start (They were so so bad... yet MM still fucked it up!)
DerekRocholl

I'm out. The best way to support Barnet FC on this issue is to try to get rid of Westley as quickly as possible.

No honeymoon period, no waiting and seeing if he isn't as bad as we know he will be. We can't afford the delay he has to go ASAP.

WESTLEY OUT.